carat
color
clarity

About those undecided 2016 voters ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Writer and humorist David Sedaris on undecided voters ...

"To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane.
The flight attendant comes down the aisle with his food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat.

"Can I interest you in the chicken", he asks.
"Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?"

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment, and then ask how the chicken is cooked."

E B

Ideal_Rock
:lol:

I love David Sedaris. I saw him live and he was wonderful.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So ... which candidate is the shit ala broken glass? :lol:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now both of them equally. I want the chicken but it's all out.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super excited to see David Sedaris live this month!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1475365050|4082788 said:
Right now both of them equally.

screen_shot_2016-10-01_at_6.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 7 Stages of Grief When A Friend or Loved one Supports Trump by Joelle Wisler;

1. Shock/Disbelief
“No!” I hollered into the phone at my loved one’s spouse. “I know,” she whispered. “I can’t believe it either. It’s like he’s been brainwashed or something.”

That’s it, I think. It has to be brainwashing — or some kind of viral infection. I mean, I share the same blood as this person. How could we believe so differently?

“How are you doing?” I say to my loved one’s spouse, genuinely curious about what it would be like to live with a person who is going to vote for a man who basically believes that women are on planet Earth to have nice legs.

“We just don’t talk about it,” she says and then sighs. I can feel the weight of the world in that sigh.

2. Denial
When I went to my loved one’s home, I pretended like Fox News wasn’t blaring in the background. I pretended like we were one big, happy family where one of its members hadn’t lost their mind. I pretended until I was biting my tongue so hard that I was drawing blood, and I may have given myself an ulcer. And then I went home, and I entered the next stage.

3. Anger
I mean seriously. Seriously? How could any American decide that someone who lives to ignite anger, hate, fear, and run-on sentences should be our leader? No one is safe from him: women, gold-star families, war heroes, minorities, people with disabilities, freaking babies. How could my loved one believe all of that bullshit about building a wall? Really, people?! A wall?!

America, we’re better than that. And we are all immigrants. Every single one of us. So think about that.

4. Bargaining
One day I prayed, Dear God, please help my loved one see that Trump is totally bat-shit crazy. And then the Republican convention happened. And then Trump kept opening his mouth and speaking, his hate-filled rhetoric spewing forth from every screen, and I thought for sure all of my prayers had been answered.

“Did you guys watch the news?” I said to my loved one’s spouse one night.

“Yes,” she said. “And?” I said.

“He still supports him.”

“How is that possible?! Trump literally said, ‘I like people who weren’t captured.'”

She just sighed.

5. Guilt
I mean, did I push him too far the other way with all of my “Hillary for 2016” talk way back in 2008? Could I have somehow unplugged the Fox News channel without him knowing it? Could I have prevented any of this? Probably not.

6. Depression
Oh God. I’m just going to drown my sorrows in all these old David Letterman interviews with Trump (hilarious) and try to remember that most Americans are kind-hearted and intelligent enough to not vote for someone who cannot go three minutes without lying. They actually timed him.

7. Acceptance (and Hope)
Well, I guess we all get to have our own opinion — even if the safety of the entire world depends on at least most of us agreeing that Trump is just messing with us. I will just have to accept that my loved one is unequivocally wrong but is still a good person.

So there you have it. These are the stages of grief you can expect if you happen to find out that one of your loved ones has gone over to the dark side of the podium.

We will just have to stick together until November 9th when, hopefully, the world will make sense again — after Trump remembers that he actually doesn’t care about being in politics and he goes back to his golden castle and his golden throne and probably all of his golden light fixtures.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this idiocy spreading around the internet (I saw it on FB)?? It's being posted by voters who have decided that voting for a 3rd party candidate is a good idea, and maintain that Trump and HRC are equally bad. This was actually posted by someone I consider a fairly close friend, but I just can't begin to understand this line of thought. It just makes me confused/depressed all at once. Arkie: I understand your 5 stages post intimately these days :)

14500641_1303117479701015_6357111129326943732_o.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked this meme

pictureworththousandwords.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1475425520|4082931 said:
Have you seen this idiocy spreading around the internet (I saw it on FB)?? It's being posted by voters who have decided that voting for a 3rd party candidate is a good idea, and maintain that Trump and HRC are equally bad. This was actually posted by someone I consider a fairly close friend, but I just can't begin to understand this line of thought. It just makes me confused/depressed all at once. Arkie: I understand your 5 stages post intimately these days :)

14500641_1303117479701015_6357111129326943732_o.jpg

Some people actually do think that Trump and Clinton are equally bad - I am one of them. I won't vote 3rd party though. In fact, I won't vote at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results