shape
carat
color
clarity

about re sizing eternity ring price. need hear your opnion.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Hello !
I need to hear your opinion about re -sizing eternity ring,
my Eternity is size 3.5 right now but I need it to be like 3.75.
so I asked to the jeweler about it . the jeweler is saying that We can adjust the size 1/4-1/2 bigger without a problem
but the price is $264.

I did ask future re size when I bought it to make sure that I can change size it to bigger and the cost.
the jeweler told me that up to 0.5 size bigger is no problem in the future ( but make small is diffrent story )
it's just cost $50-$80 around + shipping.
I think I still have the E-mail which menthion about it.

now they are saying that The adjustment will cost you $264. This includes the adjustment, tightening the stones, polishing and shipping it back to you. I wonder if the price is normal???
please let me know what you think?

thanks for reading.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Re: about re sizing eternity ring price. need hear your opni

add: the jeweler told me that * he dose re size for me ( up to 1/2 ) any time in the future about the price range.
but he is gone from the company now :angryfire:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry, but I haven't really heard of resizing an eternity ring. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps they are removing metal from the inside of the ring. I think the only way you can determine if the price is reasonable is if you get an estimate from another jeweler.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock

hi! diamondsseeker :wavey:

thank you so much for reply.
Eternity can re size if for only small size change like only 1/2 up bigger.
what's really bother me is the seller told me that **oh, don't worry , you can make size bigger up to 1/2
and cost is just $50-$80 ( and shipping ) anytime in the future* so I bought it.
I did ask about it before I buy it because I know that Eternity size change is not something
easy thing.

now the seller is not working at the company and they told me the price.
feel cheated...

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

I've heard of making an eternity ring larger by grinding out some of the inside and to make it smaller, add a small band of metal inside the ring. That quote seems ridiculously high to me.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

I just came back from my jeweler and he said it'd be $25-$35 to grind out my platinum eternity band 1/4 size, so your quote is absurd for the small amount they would be doing. Check around locally, you'll get a better deal.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Go shop around locally and find out the price.

But I would also find out how they plan to make it larger and make sure it does not affect the integrity of the setting.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock

Dreamer_D|1304530336|2912135 said:

But I would also find out how they plan to make it larger and make sure it does not affect the integrity of the setting.
I agree with dreamer and I was also under the impression that you couldn't re-size an eternity ring. i'd be interested to see how this turns out.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock

makemepretty|1304530184|2912133 said:
I just came back from my jeweler and he said it'd be $25-$35 to grind out my platinum eternity band 1/4 size, so your quote is absurd for the small amount they would be doing. Check around locally, you'll get a better deal.

Hello! makemepretty . thank you so much for your reply and thanks for ask about it to your jeweler.
first I was byond surprised the price. I 've had re size other Eternity ( just 1/2 bigger last year, it was $60 at Japanese high end shop)
now. up date.
after talk with the jeweler, now price went to down :appl:

thanks again.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock

thank you very much for your reply. yes, I will make sure it does not the affect the setting ,
thank you very much for your advice ,almost I forgot it to ask to the Jeweler.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock

confusedaisy|1304530809|2912144 said:

I agree with dreamer and I was also under the impression that you couldn't re-size an eternity ring. i'd be interested to see how this turns out.

hi! confusedaisy thank you very much for your reply.
I would make sure about it.
yes Eternity ring can re size but ONLY very little. ( I did my eternity size changed just 1/4 to 1/2 and my mother's too )
I 've had re size couple eternity ring before. good craftman can do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results