shape
carat
color
clarity

About a week, or so ago...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I won an auction from Thai gems (yes, I know, be careful), for a 1/2 carat red spinel. I received it this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Not only does it appear to be well cut, it''s a lovely color. Now I have to think on what to *do* with it. I''ve always wanted one, but with red spinel so rare, I had a problem actually finding one. I might make this the ''center'' of a flower ring for my right hand, not sure yet. They are too hard to find at all, so I can''t try to get a pair for earrings, and it''s a bit small for a pendant. Any ideas anyone?

win

PS it''s an oval cut.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How big is it (mm's)? Can you post a picture?

Perhaps surround it by yellow diamond melee?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
It's 5x4.5 mm...very classic red spinel color...

The yellow diamond idea is a good one!

Would make a lovely flower, would be even better if I could find small yellow marquise cuts, about 8 of them...would sort of give it a daisy like look.

Thanks glitterata!

win

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Is spinel expensive? I've heard that some famous rubies are actually spinel.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
It's not as expensive as diamonds or rubies, though it's more rare. *grin*...a very underated stone.

Within the Crown Jewels of Great Britain is a stone known as "The Black Prince's Ruby", it's actually a spinel.

win

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. So what did you wind up doing with yours?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/7/2003 8:43:08 AM winyan wrote:

It's not as expensive as diamonds or rubies, though it's more rare. *grin*...a very underated stone.

Within the Crown Jewels of Great Britain is a stone known as 'The Black Prince's Ruby', it's actually a spinel.

win----------------

Not as expensive as diamonds, sure but 3000/ct is not unheard of. I don't know what is the highest range for these, but this is the 'worst' I’ve been shown for a handful of intense blue matter (one spinel, right) lately. And there were quite a few carats there! Don't have a picture... but I must have a parcel of spinel rough coming my way for a special project. Can't wait. Those are going to be pink (light tone, good clarity, as the source provided before). Nothing huge, but enough to get me looking for the mailman every day! Well, I can't even refrain from randomly breaking the news, can I?
5.gif

Disclaimer: I do not sell the stuff! This is not an add! The seller I am talking about is a friend...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to get some, how much should I expect tp pay and whats a good online supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results