shape
carat
color
clarity

ABC Does Some Undercover Diamond Shopping

Glogowski-Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Honestly, just saw the show and was disappointed.
We've been manufacturing clarity enhanced diamonds for over 20 years now, and could not be prouder.
We give our clients much more bang for the buck, and we don't use substances like lead-glass, but premium silicone-based solutions, and the show made us look like we take crappy, cracked, damaged diamonds and fill them with lead paint just to confuse and fraud our clients.
At best, clarity enhancement was described as "OK".
We have many happy clients internationally, and I don't think we, or other companies that deal with CE diamonds, deserve to be portrayed that way.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glogowski-Diamonds|1373799425|3482725 said:
We've been manufacturing clarity enhanced diamonds for over 20 years now, and could not be prouder.
We give our clients much more bang for the buck, and we don't use substances like lead-glass, but premium silicone-based solutions, and the show made us look like we take crappy, cracked, damaged diamonds and fill them with lead paint just to confuse and fraud our clients.
We have many happy clients internationally, and I don't think we, or other companies that deal with CE diamonds, deserve to be portrayed that way.

I have no problem with what you do for a living.

The report was about non-disclosure by sellers.
ABC had to explain why not disclosing a customer is buying a CE diamond was important.
They documented two cases of non-disclosure.
In fairness they also praised one seller for good disclosure.

If people want a CE diamond that's fine ... as long as they are educated about they care they need and the risks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BTW, since you work in the diamond industry you must have a trade banner if you are going to post on Pricescope.
You can activate the trade banner by going into your profile.

ChedWick

Rough_Rock

That's exactly what the piece was about, improper portrayal, lack of disclosure, and misrepresentation of value.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The piece doesn't disparage the products AT ALL.

CE affects value. It's of great interest to shoppers who are aware of it and it's an FTC requirement that it be disclosed. Surely you agree with this. It's like selling a used car with a nice new paint job. There's nothing at all wrong with this and for some people it's exactly what they want. It's certainly silly to hold it against the paint shop, but if the dealer is saying that this makes it a new car, there's a huge problem with the dealer.

Ashleymarie29

Rough_Rock
I k ow this is an old post, but would love some advice. My husband purchased my diamond engagement ring 12yrs ago from a local jeweler. It has never been out of my sight for long enough to have the diamond switched(except off repairs with the original jeweler). We have filed with small claims, but are nervous of how it will go. How do we prove the diamond in my ring is in fact the one she sold us? It does not have an inscribed id #, but we do have our original paperwork.
Thank you

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock
Ashleymarie29|1402158420|3688446 said:
I k ow this is an old post, but would love some advice. My husband purchased my diamond engagement ring 12yrs ago from a local jeweler. It has never been out of my sight for long enough to have the diamond switched(except off repairs with the original jeweler). We have filed with small claims, but are nervous of how it will go. How do we prove the diamond in my ring is in fact the one she sold us? It does not have an inscribed id #, but we do have our original paperwork.
Thank you

Do you have a detailed appraisal that was made at the time of purchase? I imagine showing that the specs (measurements, angles, clarity, color, ect) are the same would go a long way in proving its the same diamond. Also, if your appraisal includes a clarity plot you could compare the plot to the inclusions in the stone. In many way inclusions are like finger prints!

Ashleymarie29

Rough_Rock
We have an original price appraisal, but no plot. The appraisal does include a "zoomed in " pic that you can see a feathery white inclusion in. My original invoice includes diamond specs, measurements, color, cut, an "supposed clarity."

ming

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! This is why I am researching diamonds to death. I think I have learned a lot by reading through the forums for months but I would have hoped that anyone selling a clarity enhanced diamond would disclose it and thereby reflect the price rather than claim to sell a diamond at a fraction of the true cost.

Ashleymarie29

Rough_Rock
But, they didn't! That's the problem. We now have a clarity enhanced diamond that was sold to him for 3400$(supposedly worth 4300), that's actually worth 1500$ max! None of the big name jewlers in town will even put it into a new setting for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results