shape
carat
color
clarity

abazias.com guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spinstlouis

Rough_Rock
PriceScope''s diamond search led me to some diamonds on abazias.com. I was comforted by their guarantee: "...We guarantee that our diamonds have not been laser drilled, chemically treated, or clarity enhanced...." Then I noticed in some of the EGL certs they''d posted for the diamonds I was looking at, the "Comments" section clearly stated "Clarity Enhanced." I wrote to them first, about a week ago, to give them a chance to check their own mistake, but they haven''t written back to explain. And as of five minutes ago, their guarantee is still the same.

I''m sure that anyone who reads PriceScope would notice the discrepancy before purchasing from them, but not all of abazias'' diamonds come with certs, and less informed shoppers could easily be duped into buying a clarity-enhanced diamond that they were "guanteed" was not enhanced. (Actually, one aspect of this is funny for me, because I was the one whose first question in this forum was about whether I should buy a diamond without a cert--and many of you gave me a gentle but resounding "NO WAY!" So thanks again.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Abazias is one of the dealers who sells virtual stones...meaning not all of what they sell is going to be 'in stock'. They pull from a virtual wholesale list and Pscope pulls from that list to post. So they could be listing clarity enhanced diamonds from wholesale sources they were not aware of. I would call them and let them know you sent that email...see what they say. It's great that you noticed this..and did not buy something without knowing!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
http://www.abazias.com/terms/terms.asp

It seems they've clarified their position.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Who truly "owns" these virtual stones?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The manufacturers, dahling, who won't deal with us!!!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
angryfire.gif

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
Hey there are some hurricanes goin on down there.... give'em some slack
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to diamonds, there is no mercy, PD.
2.gif
3.gif
11.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was under the impression that EGL was in line with most of the other major labs in not issuing grading reports on CE stones. Apparantly this isn't correct. Do all of the EGL's issue these reports or just some of them?

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

TestCase

Rough_Rock
Lay off the guys. It cleary states that they will not sell clarity enhanced diamonds and it goes on to say that that things occasionally appear in a database.

"We guarantee that we will not sell diamonds that have been laser drilled, chemically treated, or clarity enhanced. Please note that some of these types of stones may occasionally appear in our database. However, we will not sell stones with any of these unacceptable qualities."

I'm sure it's a data error. I also see a diamond for $1. Should I demand that they sell me that too?

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes...someone is bent about this old post!

From reading everyone's comments, it seems like at one time they didn't give the disclaimer about virtual stones. It appears the situation has been rectified by making their terms more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results