shape
carat
color
clarity

A woman''s right (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
As many of you know I have been back and forth on many different options. Just 24 hours ago I had an antique inspired setting trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I wise pricecoper asked about my avatar. It reminded me of what I had originally set out to do. At the family BBQ last night I was showing my setting to see what the women folk thought. My MIL asked what inspired me to start this journey. I told her that I had looked at Helzber (eeek!) at just a 1c solitaire with a diamond band and loved the look but couldn''t afford to go down that road right now. We got into a discussion about trading in diamonds and policies etc... She told me she had a diamond ring and necklace set that my FIL got her from Helzberg years ago and it looked soooo dated. She said I could have it to trade in if I wanted b/c she hadn''t worn it in years. She still had all of the paperwork and my FIL had paid just over 3,000 for both pieces. She went with my husband and I today and we traded it in for this set. I know Helzberg is a big no no on this forum. But it is pretty and for a 1.09 H color with some inclusions that I can''t see with my eye I am pretty happy with the 3,000 price tag. I don''t know why I feel I have to justify...but I''m happy. I have to thank Grant for posting that beautiful set that reminded me what I love

Graduation 2005 132.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Here is one of the side. Sort of looks like my avatar doesn''t it?

pspicture98790.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Another pic. Ignore the pink. I happen to have on a bright pink top

pspicture98723.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I am feeling a sense of relief after what has been months of agonizing over what to do. I still have my lovely .5c that I will reset into a pendent. I think a halo is order. That will have to wait though. Thanks for all of your support and help. If it wouldn''t have been for this forum I think I would have driven my husband even crazier.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How nice of your mother-in-law to help you out with this project! My husband bought my upgrade ring from a local jeweler and I can understand the feeling that you need to justify the purchase on pricescope. You don''t need to feel that way though. Although there are great deals to be had for diamonds online from some terrific vendors, plenty of us here have purchased from brick and mortar jewelry stores. Your new rings are simply gorgeous! Personally I much prefer them to the more ornate setting that you were considering.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. I looove your new rings, they are truly gorgeous!!!! Enjoy!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not justification--it''s just you sharing the history of your beautiful ring! It really is a stunning set.
10.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Looove your new set! That happens to be (solitaire with channel band) one of my all time fave looks. What a great MIL you have.

I ogle and drool over the pave''d and halo''d rings here- while they are yummy to look at, they are not my personal cup of tea, on my hand. I''m so glad you found what makes you happy. That feeling of calmness, of ''rightness'', is so wonderful.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It looks great, sutis your hand well. No need to justify that one!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you - as long as you love what you select that is all that really matters. Give your MIL a big hug - what a generous thing to do. She must love you alot!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a very sweet thing your MIL did for you! Shoot, you got a great set and it has sentimental value to you. It really is lovely!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your new set is beautiful! And I agree that it was sooo generous of your MIL to do that for you!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That was fabulous of your MIL! And you''ve chosen gorgeous rings! That stone looks great!
30.gif
Did I read correctly--you got this set for $3,000??? Wow--you done good!
2.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Just freaking gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m so glad that you are finally happy!! And what a great MIL!!!
36.gif

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Yes I got the set for a final price of 3,000, actually 3086 to be exact. It came to 6086, but with the trade in policy of Helzberg and my MIL''s generous 3000 worth of jewelry it came to a grand total of 3086. Many of you have expressed how kind it was of her. It really is. She had three boys, my husband''s younger brother passed away when he was 15 and my husband''s older brother has never gotten married. So for the last 15 years I have been the closest thing to a daughter. We get along beautifully. In fact, my mother is my best girlfriend, and my MIL is my second best girlfriend.
My MIL has jewelry stashed all over her houses. She has her Florida jewelry at their Florida house and her Texas jewelry. She keeps everything stuffed in little boxes under all of the pieces of furniture. The funny thing is is that she knows where every piece is. She has some gorgeous jewelry and some of it I haven''t seen her wear in years. Thanks for all of your compliments.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the title to this thread and I love your ring. Very different look from the antique one but I love the solitaire with the channel set band. What a very special give from your MIL too. You rings are beautiful.

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It looks beautiful and similar to mine! (heh)

Congrats!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beautiful ring, and i cant wait to see the halo pendant!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
that is a very beauitful set and as long as u are happy with the purchase, that is all that matters...ur MIL was very kind to offer u the trade in and it all worked out beautifully, u are one lucky gal
1.gif

anika

Shiny_Rock
I like your ring set. Your MIL''s contribution, makes it special. I''m glad you went with your original idea as thats what spoke to you in the first place. Please don''t feel like you need to justify where you bought it from. You did well!

Enjoy, Anika

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
great story. great outcome. enjoy your lovely new rings. banjo

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Jewelry Addict, we don''t care where you get pretty diamonds. We only care that they don''t rip our people off!!! It''s a lovely set. What a wonderful MIL you have. Even at 6, I don''t feel that set was a ripoff. Three makes it very, very, nice. Congrats.

Shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Hi jewelryaddict...I was the one who asked about your avatar! I love your new settng....prefer it moreso over the antique. I think you will be happy with this setting for many years. I think you and I have the same taste because my orignal e-ring and w-ring were from Helzberg and very similar to your setting. However, I wasn''t happy with the diamond and we got a refund. Subsequent to that, we found Pricescope and from there purchased our new diamond from a Pricescope vendor. Once we received the diamond, had the e-ring custom made by a local jeweler patterned after an e-ring found at Whiteflash, which is the top ring in your avatar. So, I started off with your current e-ring but now have the top e-ring in your avatar. I think you did an excellent job in going with the simple solitaire....I truly love it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results