shape
carat
color
clarity

A whole lot of recycling and two "new" rings!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all started out when I first heard about whiteflash and ACA. I wanted to see one so I destroyed DH playing tetris and then he bought me a little one and had it set in a simple setting a la Elizabeth Taylor's "ping pong diamond ring". It was fun but I also learned what I don't like in a setting, ha. I never really wore it.

pingpong1.jpg

pingpong2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eventually I had the stone reset into the whiteflash semi bezel necklace. Can't find any pics :( though. I wore it as my daily for quite a few years. In the meantime I got a .70 RB from DBL and the idea formulated in my head. Three stone ring! I knew it would take awhile for me to save up for the other sidestone and a setting so I bought a LOGR and had it plopped in there.

_904.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY pretty!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got lucky and a perfect sidestone match came up on the bistro. I swooped it up and just kept saving for the setting. I decided to attach this project to a life event. I promised myself that if I earned tenure I would do this three stone to commemorate three years of struggle and perseverance! I did it! I also worked summer school and was able to save the rest of what I needed to get it done.

I went back to David for the setting, I knew he would be able to get just what I wanted for me. I got a few sneak peek pics from the office today and I'll be picking it up in person tomorrow!

Center is .70 K SI2-GIA
sides .33 J SI1 ACA
.38 don't remember but David said it was very well cut :)

_905.jpg

_906.jpg

_907.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on tenure! Fantastic bezel 3 stone! How environmentally friendly to reduce/reuse/recycle your diamonds :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The LOGR setting also got re-purposed, it was very pretty after all! I had a loose Barry tourmaline that was perfect for it, I like it even better than the diamond in this setting! The pics are very blurry but the color just looks delish in all the sparkle. I don't know how I'm going to make it though work tomorrow knowing that these are waiting for me just a subway away!

_908.jpg

tourm2.jpg

_909.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1347583152|3267843 said:
Congratulations on tenure! Fantastic bezel 3 stone! How environmentally friendly to reduce/reuse/recycle your diamonds :bigsmile:

Thanks so much! I even drive a hybrid!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS reset with the tourmaline! That one really punches up the colour!! Wow - a subway ride away and these treasures are just sitting there waiting for you!!! Can't wait to see them on your hand :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh I just love a bezeled three stone! That looks amazing!! Can't wait to see more pics.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The three stone looks great!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings! Congrats on tenure! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love your "new" rings and congrats on tenure!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the story behind the first ring with overwhelming victory of tetris! :appl: That is awesome...I wonder if that would work with my DH.

Congrats on all the lovely resets! The 3 stone is beautiful!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics!!! Taken with the iphone, better pics over the weekend :)

I love love love this ring! I got everything I asked for, the ring is nice and substantial, a nice heavy shank and very low profile. I used my JBEG 5 stone rose cut bezel ring as the setting inspiration and DBL did a great job! It's so smooth I don't even need to take it off when I sleep. I'm so glad I went this route! It's amazing how much coverage a bezel can add!

_924.jpg

_925.jpg

_926.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It is amazing how much finger coverage bezel settings have!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
that turned out really pretty! It's so nice to have a ring that's both substantial and sparkley and you can feel comfortable wearing even if you sleep in it! Congrats on tenure too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh!!! That's really PUUUUURRRRDY on your hand!!! :appl:

Those bezels really give you some serious real estate with that ring! Its sort of like Laila's avatar!

Very nice! Great job on the design choice!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I already told you elsewhere I love it, but I'm saying it again. AMAZING! It looks so comfortable and I love the visual weight of it. You can clearly see it's a substantial, well made piece....not that we'd expect anything else of DBL!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love the three stone bezel! Great idea & wonderful setting! :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1347581727|3267830 said:
It all started out when I first heard about whiteflash and ACA. I wanted to see one so I destroyed DH playing tetris and then he bought me a little one ...
This is awesome. :lol:

Congratulations on getting tenure! Lovely lovely rings you have. I especially like the tourmaline in that setting.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here come some tourmaline pics! More tomorrow hopefully, I ended up spending today at an impromptu family BBQ and had no daylight time left for pics...

tourm4.jpg

_938.jpg

tourm6.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:loopy:

I've seen that setting on DB with a bright blue sapphire and here it looks so pretty with your stone. Is it comfy?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wordie89|1347764770|3268946 said:
:loopy:

I've seen that setting on DB with a bright blue sapphire and here it looks so pretty with your stone. Is it comfy?

It's perfectly comfortable and smooth but it's a THIN setting, the shank itself is very thin. I will only wear it as a special occasion ring. If I were ti purchase again from LOGR or any of the other ebay guys I would pay to upgrade for a sturdier ring with better melee.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pics! three stone and then some pics of my bezel family!

3sonte12.jpg

3stone11.jpg

family5.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You must be such a proud mom of your bezel family!! Each one of your 'kids' is beautiful! I love the pendant with the different shapes - very cool!

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for sharing your rings. I love the tourmaline ring, love that color.
Do you have a local jeweler that will switch stones for you? Did they have to add new prongs?
I've never owned a "nice" ring so have no experience with jewelers and live in a small town.
I have a ring coming from Lord of Gem Rings (LOGR) but not as nice as your tourmaline for sure.

You have excellent taste which I guess means it's what I like too :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
imagardener2|1347835847|3269270 said:
thanks so much for sharing your rings. I love the tourmaline ring, love that color.
Do you have a local jeweler that will switch stones for you? Did they have to add new prongs?
I've never owned a "nice" ring so have no experience with jewelers and live in a small town.
I have a ring coming from Lord of Gem Rings (LOGR) but not as nice as your tourmaline for sure.

You have excellent taste which I guess means it's what I like too :)

To answer specifically, I am lucky enough to live a train ride away from NYC. The first time the ring was set a local bench did a quick but not so pretty job. DBL made the bezel ring for me and they rebuilt the prongs and re-set the tourmaline into this setting. It looks much better now. It's very hard to find someone good local, I don't even bother anymore, I just go to NY.

Thanks to all for your compliments! I like both rings better than I could have imagined! Now I just need a DBTY style bracelet to complete my everyday bezel family :Up_to_something:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Great rings, they are beautiful!! I love how you were able to find a good home for all your stones!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I love the family of bezels!

This sounds strange but I think I "met" you... were you in DBL's office while a couple was there looking to exchange a largeish yellow diamond ring? :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissPrudential|1347906425|3269722 said:
I love the family of bezels!

This sounds strange but I think I "met" you... were you in DBL's office while a couple was there looking to exchange a largeish yellow diamond ring? :wavey:

Ha yes I did! Were you able to get something else you loved?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results