shape
carat
color
clarity

A week of shapes

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you are all enjoying Finale day. I do!!!

@Polyhex : that kryptonite is out of this world gorgeous. Saturation to the max. Thanks for sharing your stones. Every single one of them amazes me. Will you set the lagoon tourmaline with the garnets? It’s a stunning combo.

@voce: you have such an amazing eye for colour combos. They remind me of the jewelry from Yvonne Cecile Raley. You dare to go beyond the safe side and it works! I love your crown ring too. It must be a special feel to wear it. Looking forward to follow your Helidor and sapphire projects

@dk168 : stunning pieces!!! That sugarloaf can is amazing. Do you pick a new ring every day or do you wear one ring for a longer period before switching out? Looking forward to follow you pear project. I love that you love both soft pastels as wel as bold saturated colours.

@missy : wow those earrings!! This is the kind of jewelry that royalty is wearing. They look amazing on you with your princess hair. Sorry to hear about your arthritis. Are you considering the special shanks so you can still enjoy your rings?

@mellowyellowgirl : another shoutout and invitation to post a lot more pics.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idk why pears and marquise has languish in the grab bag portion of yours thread lol

800004 763331 763120

I have a cab pear emerald but she’s being set so no photos atm

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe since the lovely @Acinom has told me to go wild, I will!!! I've picked the more interesting shapes I own!

Ruby heart! Love a good heart!

PXL_20201212_000723887.jpg

Jade heart. Have matching earrings as well

PXL_20201024_001751357.jpg

IMG_20200901_160619.jpg

Asscher Tourmaline

PXL_20201017_034929672.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Ok this is an oval but I think the squiggly ring is interesting enough to post!

PXL_20201026_012935113.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191226143749327_COVER.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191226143749327_COVER.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 16

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your flowers and sunflowers are such great finds!!! Were they custom made for you?
Today you can post the rings ypu have not posted this week. Like that gorgeous green heart of yours in your avatar❤️

All the Jade was custom made and a result of many hours prowling around on Facebook auctions and messaging the vendor using Google translate!

Sunflower ring was a purchase from DBL. I saw it and decided it was the ring of my dreams. I still can't believe I own it to be honest!!!

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
1DECB9E8-250C-4723-9C28-01A809F6B11C.jpeg
This beauty belongs to @Django0413

I wish I owned this gorgeous piece but alas, it was just a temporary profile picture until I had a chance to load something of my own. Another PSer showed it to me in a post where I needed some help with a halo.

I just didn’t want to steal someone else’s thunder that actually owns this beauty! Speaking of shapes, my new profile pic is full of shapes and was recently made for me by DK for my 40th birthday.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I owned this gorgeous piece but alas, it was just a temporary profile picture until I had a chance to load something of my own. Another PSer showed it to me in a post where I needed some help with a halo.

I just didn’t want to steal someone else’s thunder that actually owns this beauty! Speaking of shapes, my new profile pic is full of shapes and was recently made for me by DK for my 40th birthday.

Thanks for clarifying! Great choice for a profile pic.
And I love your multiple shape pic by DK 61BC10AB-59A1-4E04-B62A-4861B2D4A685.jpeg 4B3080AF-3592-4706-80C3-817F3E3D789E.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @Niel ! Queen of marquise diamonds and colored stones. You have been on a roll with amazing rings. I love every single one of them.

Yay for posting more pieces @mellowyellowgirl . Talking about amazing collections. You only seem to have one of a kind and stunning pieces. Love how the squiggly ring folds over your finger. And that jade suite is truly amazing. You can clearly see it’s made from a stunning piece of jade. The sunflower is very special indeed!

voce

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20200805_210335.jpg
Adding a couple. Here you can see my cat ring, bee ring, and a marquis paraiba set with hauyne.
IMG_20200914_154340.jpg
Another marquis paraiba, set E-W.

@Acinom, Yvonne of Cecile Raley Designs is definitely a major source of inspiration. I source most of my CS melee from her and play around with them in the same sticky lid trays she uses for layouts. Most of my rings in my collection are using her settings and her bench, and the only things I do are picking the gems, the setting style, and gold color. I prefer CRD settings vastly to Stuller. When I want something that's outside of CRD's aesthetic, I will go to Inken at Enhoerning Jewelry, when the center stone is high value, or Daniel M Jewelry when it's a more mundane or whimsical design.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great idea for a fantastic thread, thank you so much @Acinom!

The first colored stone DW acquired was a pear. We were looking at a 4ct sapphire pendant on eBay when I discovered PS. We ended up with a Tanzanite that was twice the size, and a fraction of the price...a big thanks to all the terrific PSers who shared their wealth of knowledge in that first thread! That's what got us started on our colored stone journey!

9.35ct Tanzanite Pear 3.jpeg

The second colored stone DW acquired was also a pear, how weird is that! This was more by accident in a consignment store where we stumbled across a very dark emerald in a broken brooch setting . Again lots of help from PSers as I tried to figure out how to re-oil the emerald.

9.26 Ct Emerald Pendant 3 (2).jpg

There is one more pear, the hot pink tourmaline center stone in DW's ringdant. The inspiration for this design came from a PSer...thank you @icy_jade.

2 Hot Pink Ringdant 3.jpg

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you are all enjoying Finale day. I do!!!

@Polyhex : that kryptonite is out of this world gorgeous. Saturation to the max. Thanks for sharing your stones. Every single one of them amazes me. Will you set the lagoon tourmaline with the garnets? It’s a stunning combo.

Thank you so much! I love vivid color and larger stones, hence I go for less expensive material.

I love the lagoon/rhodolite color combination too, and I am setting it with a slightly redder pair of emerald-cut rhodolites from the same vendor, Stylogems.

20200823_204915201_iOS (2).jpg
\

The CAD:

1608403001710.png

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
These just arrived in the mail today, after a 3 day delay :razz:

Lavender-lilac spinel + lilac and light blue sapphire Hexagon ring and pair of pear shaped lavender-lilac spinel earrings from CRD
CRD Lavender Spinels.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce your collection is so pleasing to the eye. I love that your rings have a nature theme with flowers, cat, butterfly and bee. And the colours also have a flowery theme.

@prs thank you for posting these!! Three amazing and chique pears. It’s such a beautiful elongated shape. And in three luxurious and vibrant colours. Great choices!

@Polyhex so looking forward to follow the process of that amazing thtee stone with saturated colours. Stunning CADs. Who will set it for you?

@Chasiu : congrats with your stunning new lavender pieces!!! They are stunning. Have you been wearing them today? Enjoy looking at them and wearing them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been a great day...
It has been a great week...
Such joyful shapes. And such a pleasure to have a peek in your luxurious collections.

Don’t hesitate to continue posting beautiful shapes. This is PS after all...
And we know that we have more shape queens and kings here on PS
A28F0E6C-9FC5-44BD-BC4C-401A5E1E0974.jpeg
Photo courtesy of @lilmosun

Last edited:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
@Polyhex so looking forward to follow the process of that amazing thtee stone with saturated colours. Stunning CADs. Who will set it for you?

Thank you! It is being made by CaiMao, they did such an amazing job on my first ring with them I immediately turned around and ordered two more! All of the stones are provided by me, the black areas are rhodium plating over platinum (although I am debating having the inner diamond halo not plated) and the outer halo is 2mm vivid red spinel melee from Mr.Spinel on Instagram.

Now what is that gorgeous blue and white stone ring you have just posted?? :kiss2:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea for a fantastic thread, thank you so much @Acinom!

The first colored stone DW acquired was a pear. We were looking at a 4ct sapphire pendant on eBay when I discovered PS. We ended up with a Tanzanite that was twice the size, and a fraction of the price...a big thanks to all the terrific PSers who shared their wealth of knowledge in that first thread! That's what got us started on our colored stone journey!

9.35ct Tanzanite Pear 3.jpeg

I love you and your wife's taste so much, and your shared joy is inspiring. That is an OUTSTANDING tanzanite, may I ask what you wound up doing with it, or is it still unset?

Reactions: prs

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love you and your wife's taste so much, and your shared joy is inspiring. That is an OUTSTANDING tanzanite, may I ask what you wound up doing with it, or is it still unset?

We did set that Tanzanite, there are photos and a video towards the end of this thread.

I just read that thread again, it was our first ever venture into colored stones and custom jewelry. I received loads of help from many wonderful ladies. It's only because of all that expert advice we ended up with such a beautiful pendant. To my great embarrassment, I just realized I hadn't spotted the "Like" button back then and failed to acknowledge much of that help. :eek2::eek2::eek2: Tried to make up for that this morning. =)2

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
E61C5C6E-E53B-4438-AF5D-E71D7A77624D.jpeg CC224CEE-4D31-4E7A-B662-4D2381FA0878.jpeg 1C5BEEDC-5404-41E6-8240-66D6902D5BD9.jpeg
As I missed it since the heart day her some eyecandys for heart and freeform shape days
Unheated ruby pair, "interesting shaped" Tektite (natural shape) and pink sapphire with Vanadium chrysoberyl drops

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
766E538A-9063-4960-BBE3-09125E17C31D.jpeg EA971B6C-AAB7-41D6-836E-1456A8A0C046.jpeg
Talking about shapes!! @voce ’s collection holds so many colourful shapes. And she dares to combine various shapes in her ‘spring garden theme ring collection’

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results