shape
carat
color
clarity

A warning to would-be ring hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
(Don't worry, nothing scary... this is really my "show me the ring" thread, finally.)

A warning:

1. When you first see your diamond you've purchased, it will be pretty cool.
2. When you first see in person the setting you picked out, it will be even cooler.
3. When you first see the entire diamond put together by your local jeweler, YOUR HEART MAY SKIP A BEAT.

I picked up my beauty today at the jeweler, and let me tell you the two put together will blow you away... it sure knocked me off my feet. Allow me to show it off.

The engraving is very nice, I am very pleased with the workmanship from Danforth Diamond. I believe this is a cast engraving, but each ring is made to order, they do not stock.
original.aspx

original.aspx

A shot of it on my pinky (the only finger it would fit on, I have chubby little-man fingers.)
original.aspx

The box it will be presented in. I actually found this box on google image search, but the company that I found did not have them in stock. Luckily, my mom runs a artsy crafty store in Vermont, and I happened to be visiting last weekend and she had ONE IN STOCK! With my family discount, it only came to $11, and it's NOT made in the far east! Real handmade stuff... if anyone wants one, I can probably have my family order one for you. I cannot remember what the name of the company is.
original.aspx

Technical details:

Diamond. .80 G SI1 ex/ex/ex, bought from Jeff at engagementringsdirect.com $2,600
Ring: 18k engraved cathedral style solitaire with 6 prong platinum head $430 (Not bad for price, yeah?!)
Total appraisal: $4,849

I'll take this opportunity to thank the Jeff at engagementringsdirect.com for all his patience and help, and also the pricescope community for the information, the articles, the tools, the resources, and best of all, the people who helped calm my nerves. This place is, no pun intended, priceless.
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

p.s. How on EARTH did you get more than one photo in a single post? I''ve never been able to do that!

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
the ring looks so delicate and beautiful on your man hands
2.gif
i''m sure she''ll love it! and yes, please do share how you managed to attach more than one pic in one post
33.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It''s a refreshing and new style that I have not yet seen. Congrats!

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 7:14:42 PM
Author: lotsofsparkle
the ring looks so delicate and beautiful on your man hands
2.gif
i'm sure she'll love it! and yes, please do share how you managed to attach more than one pic in one post
33.gif

I went into the gallery area where you can upload photos to the community gallery, and linked to them from there. That is the only way you can post images into the thread as far as i know.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I LOVE the engraving, such a subtle yet unique touch and the diamond looks beautiful! Please come back with hand shots when you propose (if you can
9.gif
)

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Oh, we will have pictures alright!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
its beautiful! you did a great job picking it out!!! CONGRATS!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
love the engraving! congratulations!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
It''s lovely - I especially like the engraving, such a unique touch. Waiting for hand pics
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! I''m a total sucker for engraved rings. Can''t wait to see hand shots. I saw the matching wedding ring, and it''s gorgeous too.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
As a ring hunter myself, I have to say...you scared me for a minute! LOL...
Thanks for the wonderfu surprise instead....ring is gorgeous...and I am CRAZY for engraved/carved/filigreed bands...adds that little somethin'' extra.
She will LOVE, LOVE it...congrats...and good luck with the proposal!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beeeeautiful, she will love it!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
WOW - I am not a solitaire person but this ring is FANTASTIC!! Beautiful scale, lovely detailing, gorgeous stone!! The engraving makes the ring.

Thank you for sharing, and don''t forget to post handshots after the proposal. I''ll be looking for them!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely love the engraving work on this ring!!

Very beautiful!!!

Kyle921

Rough_Rock
You ring is fantastic! Great job! I really like the engraving. Have fun in Mexico!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I am so happy that you posted this because I have been trying to remember the name of this website!
Thanks for sharing
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
LOL, I love your *warning* and the engraved flowers! What a sweet ring
2.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *love* the engraving -- it is so pretty and sweet! The stone is fabulous. I love the ring box too! Everything looks perfect!! Now, when are you proposing?

rogeshoe57

Rough_Rock
The whole setup looks awesome! I like the heart shaped wooden box!

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 9:56:26 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
I *love* the engraving -- it is so pretty and sweet! The stone is fabulous. I love the ring box too! Everything looks perfect!! Now, when are you proposing?

Sometime next week when we are in Mexico. Not sure which day.
32.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Conratulations! I''m sure she will love it!!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
I am also not a solitare ring person but have to say this is so beautiful. I love the design on the sides, so unique, wow, congratulations on such a lovely ring.
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the engraving.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, Aeromax! I especially love the engraving and the box. Good luck on the proposal and please come back with hand pics!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 1:46:10 PM
Author: Aeromax
Date: 4/11/2008 9:56:26 AM

Author: Loves Vintage

Sometime next week when we are in Mexico. Not sure which day.
32.gif
So what happened? That was a month ago! How was your trip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results