shape
carat
color
clarity

A very sad day....

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry, what a horrible thing to happen.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Losing a pet is never easy and my heart goes to you and your family for this tragic, unexpected loss. I'm so very sorry. HUGS. :((

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
That's so sad.
My doggy and I are sending you doggy sympathy hugs.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, so sorry to hear about Tuffy. It's hard to lose a pet, especially in a violent manner.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
How awful, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little Tuffy! ;(

melave

Shiny_Rock
Oh i am so so sorry for your loss......

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending more ((((hugs )))) your way. I know you must be devastated and torn up inside. I am so sorry.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so sorry to hear this news... :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How awful Tuffy ;( I am so sorry-my heart goes out to all of you. :((

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I too am sorry for your loss. Our furbabies are like family (sometimes better than family) :nono:

As you so accurately stated, it's 'a very sad day' indeed. :(sad

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
This is so awful... I'm so so sorry.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Very, very sorry to hear this. Animals become such an important part of our lives and I can only imagine how it feels to be going through this. My deepest sympathies.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry. That is a very very sad day. I know you must be heartbroken. Prayers for you. I am so sorry.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There really are no words, this is so devastating and tragic- I am so very,very sorry - my heart goes out to you, I can't even imagine - You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Please take care of yourself. ((((((hugs))))))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry tuffyluvr. Nothing hurts like losing a beloved pet.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1328060216|3116031 said:
I'm so sorry tuffyluvr. Nothing hurts like losing a beloved pet.

so true- those with pets and animal lovers understand how your pet is truly a member of your family. It's hard to lose a pet, let alone in a tragic way. I understand that your neighbors are nice and probably feel terrible about this- and are not neglectful- but I can't help but feel furious towards them for you.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How horrific. :blackeye: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm just furious at those neighbors. Did they not take care to train their German Shepard properly? Just so sad.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Their dog managed to work the chain link fence apart. It's a part of the fence that is behind our shed and covered with vines and ivy, so no once noticed the hole. We really had to look for it.

Their dog is actually an Akita/Husky mix, and apparently he is very aggressive towards other animals--he has killed several possums, birds and raccoons. The neighbors feel really bad and were very apologetic. I'm not thrilled with the situation, but getting angry and blaming them won't bring my dog back. And I don't want to be vengeful and make them put their dog down. It's an unfortunate situation all around.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh tuffy, I can't imagine what this must be like for you. I'm in tears for you and your beautiful Tuffy, the very idea of that happening to my girls tears my heart apart. I'm absolutely heartbroken for you. What an absolute tragedy. I can't tell you how sorry I am, hon.

HUGE hugs.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1328063279|3116074 said:
Their dog managed to work the chain link fence apart. It's a part of the fence that is behind our shed and covered with vines and ivy, so no once noticed the hole. We really had to look for it.

Their dog is actually an Akita/Husky mix, and apparently he is very aggressive towards other animals--he has killed several possums, birds and raccoons. The neighbors feel really bad and were very apologetic. I'm not thrilled with the situation, but getting angry and blaming them won't bring my dog back. And I don't want to be vengeful and make them put their dog down. It's an unfortunate situation all around.

Oh Tuffy, what a tough situation. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but... I can't help but think what if it had been someone's child? I really do think you should consider taking some sort of action - at the very least requiring them to put into writing what they're going to do to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. No matter how hard it is to maintain the fence, if they put it up knowing their dog's personality and knowing that he needs to be kept in, then it's their job to PROPERLY maintain it, ivy-covered areas and all, and ENSURE that he can't under any circumstances escape, and they neglected to do this and your dog was the victim :nono: :sick: :(sad

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate it. I know that there are so many animal lovers here, and it's nice to know that there are so many people who care.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are dealing with this with such grace. ::)

I admire your ability to do so.

I know punishing the dog won't bring your dog back.

But I would ask the neighbors to seek help for their dogs agressive behavior. If it was your child in the back yard, or a neighbors child who came to visit...

Food for thought in the weeks to come.

Again payers of comfort to you in this devastating loss. HUGS.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG CRYING. I'm so sorry for you and Tuffy.

I don't even know you other than your posts on PS and this just hit me so hard where it hurt. Poor Tuffy! I know how hard it is to lose a pet, especially unexpectedly. I am glad you are not wasting your grief on anger, though I do think you or your DH should talk to your neighbors about keeping the fence in dog-proof shape. When you are ready, to remember Tuffy you should make a scrapbook or PS post with pictures... I made a scrapbook of my old cat a little while after he died, and I found it immensely helpful to remember his whole long life and not just his tragic death. I will be keeping you and little Tuffy in my thoughts.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
:( I'm so sorry this happened to Tuffy and your family.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone. I'm trying to remember happy things about Tuffs. I took him to the dog park Sunday and he was soooo happy. Here is a picture of him pretending to be a Christmas gift. He always loved the Christmas tree, and would snuggle up underneath it. tuffy%20christmas%20present.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is awful. I'm so sorry :blackeye:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuffy, I feel so awful about this I feel sick - crying now - I am so sorry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm am so sorry this happened to your sweet dog.
I love our dogs so much I would be devastated.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is a terribly sad thing to happen, I am so sorry for your loss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results