shape
carat
color
clarity

A tribute to brooches and pins

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received this one a few days ago, I really love it! I louped the diamond and I do believe it is an an tiny OEC! I can wear it as a pin or necklace as there is a bale on the back! The dimension are 1”x1” and perfect size for wearing as a pendant! A470CB4A-8DF8-4A47-ABDC-A79A0C3458FD.jpeg

Beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry the pictures are so huge. My only antique gold brooch that I wear on a silk cord when I wear it. It has a small mine cut diamond/rubies and opens up to give the message "Everthine."

004.JPG

005.JPG

That's so cool and the sentiment is very sweet.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond and platinum pin is roughly 2.7ctw and about 2.5" long. The diamonds are E/E, VS-VVS, very well cut.

It's very beautiful and I wear it on my black cashmere coat. It doesn't show up at ALL in this photo, but in real life, it's a sparkle bomb. Photo included mostly for perspective and proportion.

20210209_111017.jpg

These are my rose gold pins - black opal in yellow and rose gold with emerald cabs on the ivy leaves.

A rose gold deco period ribbon pin, with a blue zircon center stone.

Another rose gold beauty - a Gorgeous green tourmaline cut by Richard Wise, a 1/2 ct OEC, and some yellowy-peachy thing - beautifully cut - no idea what it is.

I love my pins and get a great deal of joy from them.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I forgot my Christmas holly pin - 18kt with ruby berries! This pin is lush - and substantial!

20200712_115242.jpg

20200912_171930.jpg

Love that pin!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous green tourmaline cut by Richard Wise, a 1/2 ct OEC, and some yellowy-peachy thing

They are all lovely, but this one makes my heart pitter patter ❤️. Did you find this or have it made?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all lovely, but this one makes my heart pitter patter ❤️. Did you find this or have it made?

Hi @kgizo -

I had it made. See the cut on that peachy thing? It's a colored gem OEC. Just sublime. I wish I knew what it was! It's definitely a mined gemstone - I just don't know what type.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kgizo -

I had it made. See the cut on that peachy thing? It's a colored gem OEC. Just sublime. I wish I knew what it was! It's definitely a mined gemstone - I just don't know what type.

You did an excellent job. Everything about it is spectacular! The cut, color combo, proportions, richness of the gold ... I could go on and on. Wear it in good health!

I wonder if the peach stone is a zircon. I’ve seen some that color.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - did you catch this on Instagram?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - did you catch this on Instagram?

No I didn't see it but he's cute! Have I never shared my turtle? He's silver and 18kt gold with MOP, Abelone and tsavorites. I think he's pretty cute too. He's currently a pendant but he's next up for a pin conversion.

IMG_5181.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I didn't see it but he's cute! Have I never shared my turtle? He's silver and 18kt gold with MOP, Abelone and tsavorites. I think he's pretty cute too. He's currently a pendant but he's next up for a pin conversion.

IMG_5181.jpg
Oh I love him!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine and I just shared in @Catmom 's thread. Swoon! @Catmom these should be yours. Just saying. :halo:

Also calling @canuk-gal because she is a big fan of T&Co:love:

All Tiffany and Co.
And I believe 18K gold.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine and I just shared in @Catmom 's thread. Swoon! @Catmom these should be yours. Just saying. :halo:

tiffanyturtle.jpg

tiffanygiraffe.jpg

tiffanyraccoon.jpg

All Tiffany and Co.
And I believe 18K gold.

GAH, you're killing me here. I do need these but I just emptied the coffers on my other two pieces. WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to buy these for me?????

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, you're killing me here. I do need these but I just emptied the coffers on my other two pieces. WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to buy these for me?????

Omg! I wish I could buy these for both of us! Off to purchase a lottery ticket. Gotta be in it to win it right? :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tiffanyturtle.jpg

tiffanygiraffe.jpg

tiffanyraccoon.jpg

All Tiffany and Co.
And I believe 18K gold.

Look at those Dollie's!! Me luvs!

And HOW did you know I was looking at vintage Tiffany brooches yesterday???:tongue:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at those Dollie's!! Me luvs!

And HOW did you know I was looking at vintage Tiffany brooches yesterday???:tongue:

Ohhhhhh, come on over to the dark side......................................

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
is this the main brooch thread ?
i just bought a brooch
a brand new one !
well a deleted line
have to charge my phone so i can post a pic

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kust plain old Stirling silver
$100 including postage as its a delated line - also no fancy packing 20211201_201153.jpg brooch Queens - how do i wear this ?
Will it be like my high school uniform kilt pin that left a big hole in my school kilt ) and leave a hole in my chosen garment?
This is a NZ fashion designer Karen Walker
probably one of the few things she makes that would fit (even her rings are so small)
I think the run away girl is her signature symbol
This used to come looking like a miltary medal with a heavy fabric medal
i really wanted that one but its long been deleted, i liked the idea of it going on my long winter black wool coat (i don't wear), im sure the medal version had a nornal brooch attachment thingy

But i dont want to put a hole in my coat

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$100 including postage as its a delated line - also no fancy packing 20211201_201153.jpg brooch Queens - how do i wear this ?
Will it be like my high school uniform kilt pin that left a big hole in my school kilt ) and leave a hole in my chosen garment?
probably one of the few things she makes that would fit (even her rings are so small)
i really wanted that one but its long been deleted, i liked the idea of it going on my long winter black wool coat (i don't wear), im sure the medal version had a nornal brooch attachment thingy

Do you have a loosely woven scarf you could put it on?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty!

I wear brooches and stick pins and I find that if I put them on slightly looser woven fabrics, sweaters for example, (I think you guys call them jumpers) I don't have any problem with holes. The holes close up after removing the pin. I wouldn't put stickpins/brooches on super delicate, tightly woven fabrics like silk. I've personally never had any problem with cottons, linens and wools. But if you are worried, try it out on an inconspicuous area of the clothing item first.

Enjoy!

Edit: I should note that while I haven't had any problems with holes, I have occasionally had tarnish on an older/antique pin transfer to a white shirt. So I'd definitely keep your pin free of tarnish when wearing with a light colored fabric.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

I wear brooches and stick pins and I find that if I put them on slightly looser woven fabrics, sweaters for example, (I think you guys call them jumpers) I don't have any problem with holes. The holes close up after removing the pin. I wouldn't put stickpins/brooches on super delicate, tightly woven fabrics like silk. I've personally never had any problem with cottons, linens and wools. But if you are worried, try it out on an inconspicuous area of the clothing item first.

Enjoy!

Edit: I should note that while I haven't had any problems with holes, I have occasionally had tarnish on an older/antique pin transfer to a white shirt. So I'd definitely keep your pin free of tarnish when wearing with a light colored fabric.

thank you
i will keep this in mind
and good to keep the white shirt vs tarnish thing in mind
Aussies call them jumpers
we call them jerseys

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
tonight, the night of the Queen's funeral and one of the news readers who is about my age has a brooch on
ill try and work out how to do a screen shot on my laptop

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered 2 brooches, one flower/tutti frutti and the other a bow, as a tribute to HM QE II.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are costume pieces allowed please, TIA?

Not sure if this has been answered, yes/no for costume pieces please? TIA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results