shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tip for the owners of this place: ADVERTISE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
You know...When I first started looking for a diamond, I KNEW I should have done the same thing I''''ve done when looking for anything on the internet...Find testimonials!!

Or to use a different term, a "Forum".

I wasted a week hanging-out on the Shane Company site before I got frustrated, went to Google and punched-in something like "Engagement Ring, Forum". Then scrolled-down about 20 hits, and found this place. (It wasn''''t easy).

In case you can''''t tell...I''''M SOLD ON THIS PLACE!!!

And being a Diamond IDIOT (An extreme ammature who after I make this purchase will go back to my fuzzy world of sales, sports, politics and South Park), I''''ve found this place absolutely, positively invaluable!!

I am not kidding when I tell you this...I would easily pay a couple hundred bucks for the FREE advice that I''''ve gotten in just one day here. And to be honest, would pay some of the people here to help me make my decision!! (Or, just do it for me).

So, as a sales guy, I''''m telling you (Assumming this is a For-Profit operation?), ADVERTISE THIS PLACE!!! Maybe even go so far as to buy one of those side-bar advertisements on Google. Or, get some computer genius to make this place pop-up when certain search words are punched-in.

I''''ve got to believe that such a move would pay-off. There has got to be a lot of people like me out there...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few heart felt comments:

Leonid started Pricescope because he could see that diamond buying was surrounded by missinformation and high margins. It was a logical target for internet efficiencies during the tech boom.

But Leonid has a relaxed and long term philosophy. He has often argued with me that everything should be free. I have often argued that HCA could or should have charged options (after all it involved a bit of work, a lot of knowledge, and patent costs etc), but Leonid fought against it.

If you do a google search for diamonds, pricescope is likely to come up and draw you too it. But how do we get folks who are not super itnernet savvy to stay? We would love to have some redesign advice from all you market savvy people out there ? :) ?

Pricescope does not have huge revenue - some banner ad's etc. It has moved form part time hobby, to full time job for Leonid (and behind the scenes, the artisitc and sharp, creative, Irinya). But as for advertising - there would not be a reasonable risk / return for the investment. We do try the odd bit of PR - but largely PS is google / search engine and word of mouth. If the traffic doubled - it would may not lead to a doubling of income. And since Leonid has been very strict in maintaining neutrality and non favouritism between competing merchants - he has not and will not get rich quick.

But then that is why Pricescope is so special :)
No $ - just i

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I glad that Leonid makes enough from PS that he can devote full time to it and am happy for him.
But,
Im even more glad that PS isn''t commercialized like another site we are all familiar with.
He walks a fine line with the rules and yes at times the line is annoying but its what makes PS great!
I wouldn''t last long on a commercialized diamond site with my opinions and attitude.
Thanks Leonid!
Round of
36.gif
36.gif
For the great job he does!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results