shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tiny Project

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years ago now I had a pair of cushion cut diamonds bezel set by BGD. They're pretty modest, at 5mm sq and 1.23ctw. But they're great for every day wear and I've enjoyed them a lot. But I have an uneven number of holes in my ears (2 in one, 1 in the other) and I've never found another earring to adequately match my cushions. So the other week I contacted David Klass to make me a tiny stud for the outer hole. He sourced me a 13pt stone, 2.79mm square, which he set in platinum. It came out beautifully and the three look great together. All stones are E color.

There's one problem, but it's minor; I thought my BGD stones were in platinum, but they're actually in rhodium plated 18kt white gold, so, in super close-up, you can see the tiniest difference in the metal colors. So I'm thinking I'll have my tiny new stud rhodium plated also at some point.

Forthwith - photos of one of PS's smaller projects. :))

img_12653.jpg

img_12654.jpg

img_12655.jpg

img_12656.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful! Hard to see the difference in metal color in the pictures but nice that you can plate the new one to match if it bothers you. Nice sparkles!!

Q

Queenie60

Very nice! They look great together and metal color difference doesn't show up on photos. I like the cushion shape, different from the standard round. Love, love the bezel. :love: :love:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like them as is. They are lovely. But if it bugs you - do it. How about ear shot to see if it is noticeable when wearing them?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!

Caf - no - the difference isn't noticeable on the ear - but...well...you know...jewelry OCD an' all...

I'd also like to get jackets from IDJ for them at some point. I know a while ago they did jackets for cushions, and I think it would look great. The projects are never ending. :naughty:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that is adorable! It's like they had a baby stud! :lol: I can't see the color difference, either, but I also think rhodium on the platinum one is a great idea!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How Darling!
The stones look wonderful, and the settings so delicate :love:

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Well isn't that just the cutest grouping of sister studs !!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very beautiful earrings. sparkly! :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute...it's like the two bigger stones had a baby!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I have ever seen a pair of cushion bezel earrings! Those are awesome. I would love to see an ear shot of your new set and old together. I know it's a hard shot to get. They are unique and the stones look gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! They're the cutest little things - half the time I just want to hold them in my hand and watch them twinkle. :) (there ya go - weird PS confessions...)

Diamondseeker and tyty333 - baby diamonds? That should definitely be a thing! And now, of course, I can't stop seeing my little trio as a family!! :twirl: I'm going to have to make sure I always keep them in the same box now! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b|1473445706|4074640 said:
Thanks everyone! They're the cutest little things - half the time I just want to hold them in my hand and watch them twinkle. :) (there ya go - weird PS confessions...)

Diamondseeker and tyty333 - baby diamonds? That should definitely be a thing! And now, of course, I can't stop seeing my little trio as a family!! :twirl: I'm going to have to make sure I always keep them in the same box now! :bigsmile:

That was funny that tyty and I had the same thought! I am glad you are keeping them in the same box! :bigsmile:

If only our diamonds really could reproduce! :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tres cool. :love:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are fantastic! I love them. :appl:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice, I think that is a great solution.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cute!! I bet they look fabulous on!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this. Such an elegant twist for a third piercing. Beautiful. And haha yes love the addition to the family and they should be kept all together. :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for your kind comments, Sharon, Marcy, cokitty, aca, LLJsmom and Missy!

Even though these are cushions, they're a very rounded cushion shape, so they don't look too noticeably 'off-square' if they twist slightly on my ear. I really like them because they're just that tad bit different. I'm hoping for either 3pt shared prong jackets for them, or possibly much smaller stones (maybe single pointers), but in a bead setting. Before Facets changed hands, they used to always carry spectacular asscher earrings in bead set settings, which I loved. I'd love something similar, but made for a cushion shape. Either way, I currently have something on the boil with Victor C. and 2 projects I'd like to get finished with David K., so it won't be a while!

The tiny stud is just adorable and now - of course! - I want one in yellow gold as well!! :bigsmile:

Thank you for your encouraging, enabling comments!

ETA I've just attached a photo of the Facets setting I used to love so much. Obviously the photo is a pendant and I'd want it in earrings - but you get the general idea. I'd want it in all platinum with all white diamonds. I'd welcome anyone with any thoughts on this.

facets_pendant_a.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful cushions! :love: Your newest addition from DK is the perfect complement to your BGD cushions.

Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Crystal!

I love the combo and it certainly fills a need; there's virtually nothing else you can wear in an outer hole that reeeally goes with bezeled cushion studs!

:wavey:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think those would make beautiful earrings! I saw something similar from DBL with yellow cushions in the center, and the combination is quite appealing.

r4415-pink-diamond-earrings-a.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cokitty|1475638499|4083756 said:
I think those would make beautiful earrings! I saw something similar from DBL with yellow cushions in the center, and the combination is quite appealing.

WOW! They're stunning!

That's the general shape I'm looking for ie the curved inner bezel. Ideally, I'd love to have them made with ACA or Ascendancy or BGD signature cuts in the halo - but I think the price would be prohibitive. If I reeeeally get it stuck in my head, though, I know myself well enough to know that it will HAVE to be one of those vendors, and I'll find a way to make it work. Probably won't be for a while though.

In the meantime, it's very nice to have something utilitarian that I can use in the majority of my life for every day wear.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your new "baby" diamond earring. :)) And I do not notice a color difference at all.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ajane5524 - sometimes the little ones are the most satisfying :)

And thanks, mco312! Encouraging that nobody on this thread has thought the color difference was prohibitive. :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your current set already great for daily wear. When you are ready call around and get quotes from those vendors you like best and don't forget to ask the bloodhounds here to help you search if there is a ready made pair that fits what you want. The ladies here are great at finding things (the gents too).

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect and unique. Just right for everyday and otherwise.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that darling little one! Of course the others are very pretty too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results