Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Well done and Congratulations! :appl:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1314988454|3008453 said:
Clairitek|1314984725|3008406 said:
Dreamer_D|1314984433|3008401 said:
Wonderful! Welcome to the 1% club (that's the percentage of the population in N.Am. who get PhDs anyways)! :rodent:

I am always curious when someone finishes their studies, what are your career plans now Delster?

1%? Wow, I didn't know it was that small. Interesting to think of it on those terms!

It takes a special sort of insanity to go all the way through. Based on those stats it is the least common mental illness :cheeky:

Truer words have never been spoken.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Delster! That's quite an accomplishment. I'm sure Retsled is so proud of you! :bigsmile:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Dr Delster :appl: :appl: :appl: Hard won and well deserved!!!

Hope to see you posting around here more often. I have always enjoyed your contributions.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dr. D!

My husband is struggling with his as we speak so I feel your pain. Or rather, I feel Retsled's pain!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!

Dreamer and Clairitek, no career changes planned for me. The PhD doesn't mean much in my area :bigsmile:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Delster!! Well deserved! :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! You use that title whenever your heart desires! I got a BA from an "elite" school (yeah, not bragging on myself as much as saying it was hard work to get in and get through, including getting a thesis sponsor and a committee to sign on, writing a senior thesis, and defending it) and all I got was this lousy T shirt, um, I mean BA. Yeah, I have an academic title. Bachelor of Arts. So, I'm allowed to style myself Imdanny, BA. WTF! You can't call yourself, "Bachelor Danny," can you?! I wish I had the title of Dr. My best friend from college did get his PhD. He doesn't use his title except when he's teaching (professing :cheeky: ) but I've talked to others who use theirs when they want to pull some rank, like a lady I know who uses hers when she finds herself having to deal with some sexist contractor working in her house. I would pull that card out in a second, if I had it! I confess I haven't seen your posts and haven't followed your story, but good on you! It must take a lot to get to the point you're at. I admire you for getting there. :appl:

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Well done Delster! Perhaps a commemorative bauble is in order?

I'm so jealous of you! defending in Dec...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippeee!!!!!! Congratulations Dr Delster!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Dr. Delster! :appl: :appl: :appl: WOOHOOOO!

And now... more time to knit! :wink2:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek|1314999909|3008617 said:
Dreamer_D|1314988454|3008453 said:
Clairitek|1314984725|3008406 said:
Dreamer_D|1314984433|3008401 said:
Wonderful! Welcome to the 1% club (that's the percentage of the population in N.Am. who get PhDs anyways)! :rodent:

I am always curious when someone finishes their studies, what are your career plans now Delster?

1%? Wow, I didn't know it was that small. Interesting to think of it on those terms!

It takes a special sort of insanity to go all the way through. Based on those stats it is the least common mental illness :cheeky:

Truer words have never been spoken.
Agreed! DH got his PhD. I, on the other hand, chose sanity. :bigsmile:

Congrats, Delster!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much :wavey:

Swimmer you will do great!!! My defence was a dream, I came out of it walking on air and just feeling so powerful. They really validated my research, which meant a lot after everything that had happened over the course of things. There are lots of books out there to help with the process but I found this one expecially helpful: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctoral-Ex...iners-Supervisors/dp/0335213057/ref=pd_cp_b_2

No commemorative baubles planned, but I did receive a beautiful engraved pen :naughty:

Danny - I absolutely plan to use it with the bank!!! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results