shape
carat
color
clarity

A tale of two opals

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Well, okay it's not really much of a tale. I bought a Welo opal back in November at Intergem but never got around to photographing it. I just bought a semi black Australian opal and here's a few pics of them together. The Welo opal is about 3 cts and the Australian is about 2.5cts. The Australian is on the left and the Welo is on the right. Australian has a dark grey body color and Welo has a light orange body color. The Australian has more color play than I've been able to capture in a photo.

kiz-opals1.jpg

kiz-opals2.jpg

kiz-opals3.jpg

kiz-opals4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And a few more pics.

kiz-opals5.jpg

kiz-opals6.jpg

kiz-opals7.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
OOh, pretty, Kismet! Whatever will you do with them? :cheeky:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, Yummie Yummie.
I love opals.
Those are beauties.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love opals too. Those are good enough to eat. What do you plan for them?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not pretty - handsome!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful colors! I like the shape as well.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the nice comments. I'll probably set the Australian opal in a diamond halo ring because I love that look. I have no idea about the Welo opal, perhaps a pendant in high karat gold.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay opals!

I think they're both yummy.
I had my welo opal set in a ring so I can stare at the color changes all the time. They're really ladies of the night, in the evenings they flash and glow like iridescent fireflies.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your opals are sooooooooooo Nice! :love: :love: Both of the gems have beautiful color saturation and the way the rainbow of colors change in different lighting is Very Pretty!!!!! I want one of those!!!! Opal is my birthstone, Im on the lookout for the 'perfect' one for me. Yours are lovely!!! :love: Enjoy!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24 said:
Gorgeous! I just got my hands on an elongated oval welo. I want to set in pendant as well, but no idea how!
I was looking at crasru's new earrings and I was thinking that my welo opal would look good in a setting like that. I think I would want to do a closed back though.

MakingTheGrade said:
Yay opals!

I had my welo opal set in a ring so I can stare at the color changes all the time. They're really ladies of the night, in the evenings they flash and glow like iridescent fireflies.
Hrm, did you set yours with a closed or open back?

ZestfullyBling said:
Your opals are sooooooooooo Nice! :love: :love: Both of the gems have beautiful color saturation and the way the rainbow of colors change in different lighting is Very Pretty!!!!! I want one of those!!!! Opal is my birthstone, Im on the lookout for the 'perfect' one for me. Yours are lovely!!! :love: Enjoy!!
Thanks! I bought the Australian one from aussietreasurechest.com.au. They do have a pretty nice selection.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
These are so lovely!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely opals!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1308578251|2950108 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Yay opals!

Hrm, did you set yours with a closed or open back?

Open back :)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love these so much! Opals are fascinating! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results