shape
carat
color
clarity

A tale of two asschers (Requesting opinions - first time asscher buyer)

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Ok, after a helpful earlier post (thanks to those who chimed in), I'm looking for thoughts and opinions, expert and novice, subjective and objective, on the following two asscher stones, including thoughts on price. One of these I'll have sent to me to see in person.

I've pictured them as they are on the site, and I've stuck them into three different settings for fun. I've also included the details for each one, and I'll link to them, too, so you can see them in motion. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
1 - https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11185320
2 - https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD03354446

stones.jpg comparison 3.jpg comparison 4.jpg comparison 2.jpg Details.jpg

Attachments

• Details.jpg
    Details.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a blue Nile asscher owner, I would say try the F. It’s less expensive, basically the same size, I like the steps better and an F will basically look like a D anyway.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A77CB69C-E89E-4EDC-8B5C-DB0B48156714.jpeg
Let me throw this out there. Mine is a 1.52 and I wish it was larger. Asschers always disappoint in face up size, so I think the sizes you chose are adequate but prepare to want it to be larger.

Not great pics of mine, but was playing last night with a new emerald I bought.

If I had to do it again, I would go for 1.8 and higher. But that is just me ymmv

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at these stills, is there one that draws your eyes more than the other?

This is a close tie for me, but my eyes lean toward one.

Which one draws your attention more than the other?

1A1AFF17-A05C-4F01-886E-B268BF329307.jpeg FBB20AD6-AE40-4C00-A571-4F597389CB94.jpeg

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
This morning, I've watched their videos frame by frame, over and over, and I just don't think I know what I'm looking for enough to feel more strongly about one over the other. That's why I wanted to get them in front of folks who knew more than me!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
It is a difficult choice to make..if price is not a concern....
out of these 2, i prefer the D.
why?
1) i can see a slight tint in the F, but it is all relative, right
2) the crown is nicer- i like higher/ taller crowns and the D is slightly more to my aesthetic than the F. dont get me wrong, F is still pretty good, too. But given the comparision.... D crown patterning is more to my liking.

However, i feel like the F will have better light display. The pavilions on the F go on and off more than the D. maybe it is the angulation of the stone and how the camera is positioned... BUt the true test is seeing it with your eyes.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I'm seeing...
I feel like the F has better contrast (white steps next to black steps in the center.)

I feel like the D is showing more white in the center (which is also nice depending on what you're looking for). But, in
my mind it is also more static. It takes a further turn of the stone to get some black to show up vs the F. This may all
be over analyzing...but I guess that's what we do around here. If you want to see more white though, this stone would
be a good option.

I prefer to see some contrast (on/off) so the F would probably be my choice. Plus, is it similar in size and cost less (win, win).

Edit ...@gregchang35 and I were posting at the same time but looks like we've come up with the
same ideas on the stones. Greg would take the D though so it really is down to personal preference
and what you value most.

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. Tyty333: Over analyzing? Oh, good. I'm in the right place. lol. It's a good thing my anniversary is a set date; otherwise, I'd likely take years pouring over the trifling details between a small hand full of stones.

I did decide to pull the D stone, stone 2, to get an up-close-and-personal look at it. However, I think it's important that I have something with which to compare it, so I'd like to bring in one more for a side-by-side, in-person look. (I've also ordered an ASET scope to figure out).

So, if you had stone 2 from above in your hand, which other stone would you want to also have in hand with which to compare it: Stone 1 or these two recent additions, stone 3, and stone 4?

stones2.jpg
Details2.jpg
Stone 1 - https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD03249963 (again)
Stone 3 - https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD03249963 (pretty, but *visible* clutter just left of center)
Stone 4 - https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11402900 (not as much movement?)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like stone 4 bc it's bigger and I like the smaller "windmills". But that might not be how others feel. Just my thoughts!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is always go bigger with an asscher, all other things “equal”

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
go bigger with an asscher if you can.. i have a 1 ct and it is small cos yanno- DSS set in after 1 week!!!!

Also having one now and understanding my tastes more.... I would also go with a larger windmill, but that is a personal preference.

however, given you already have 1ct D in hand, then get another 1ct to compare. i would chose stone 3 to compare with what you have.. it is an E and a smaller table... i like smaller table in the line up that you ahve. :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the way #4 looks

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Update:
I've bought three online now to look at together, and I have a BM store pulling some, as well. Unless they're all stinkers, I should have it narrowed to one by the end of next week!

I told the BM store that I'd pulled three from online sources. I'm not sure how they feel about that, but the best stone (to my eye) will prevail, heh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results