shape
carat
color
clarity

A Tale between Two Round Brilliants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

a140a

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I''ve been perusing this site and learning tons from it since Spring of 2008. I''m about a month or so away from proposing to my GF of about 3.5 years. She and I have gone ER shopping and nailed that one down recently (I think). I told her that was her project and I accompanied her as she visited several stores and tried on what seems like a 1,001 settings! She likes bead or pave sets like the Tiffany "Novo".

It is now up to me to bring it on home with the stone, of which she knows nothing about (on purpose). That''s my projec! After making trips to what seems all of creation (looking through both my Ideal Scop ena ASET scope) I think I''ve narrowed it down to about two. Unless one of my contacts comes up with a better dream stone I think it''s between the following:

Candidate 1 -- Round Brilliant - 1.08 ct D Color VS1 61.5% Depth, 57% Table, 34.5 degrees Crown Angle, 41.0 degrees Pavillion Angle, Triple EX GIA cert. no floro. HCA says 1.9 Excellent

Candidate 2 -- Round Brilliant - 1.06 ct D Color VS1 60.8% Depth, 57% Table, 34.5 degrees Crown Angle, 40.8% Pavillion Angle. Triple EX GIA cert., no floro. HCA says 1.3 Excellent.

When I saw these in person Candidate 1 seemed to have more fire than Candidate 2, but I''m wonderiing if that was just the lighting. My GF likes firey stones. i know I''m splitting hairs but I seek your sagacious opinions on which one is the better performer. I''m torn because Candidate 2 is being priced out significantly lower, so may be a better value for me. What do you all think?

I have proposal ideas I''d like to bounce off of you but I''ll post them in the pertinent forum later. Thank you.

KIndest regards,

-Dean

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Without actual ideal-scope pics it would be hard to pick between them.

You have obviously done your homework though and have looked at both thru the Ideal-scope, so I assume there is little or no leakage in the deeper stone. The shallower would probably sparkle better when both were dirty - but it would be very very hard to tell.

so go with price and other factors?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Dean,

Ask if you can view the diamonds away from any jewellery store lights, this lighting can be deceptive so you might be able to get a better idea comparing them in plain daylight.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 5:59:30 PM
Author:a140a
Hello All,

I''ve been perusing this site and learning tons from it since Spring of 2008. I''m about a month or so away from proposing to my GF of about 3.5 years. She and I have gone ER shopping and nailed that one down recently (I think). I told her that was her project and I accompanied her as she visited several stores and tried on what seems like a 1,001 settings! She likes bead or pave sets like the Tiffany ''Novo''.

It is now up to me to bring it on home with the stone, of which she knows nothing about (on purpose). That''s my projec! After making trips to what seems all of creation (looking through both my Ideal Scop ena ASET scope) I think I''ve narrowed it down to about two. Unless one of my contacts comes up with a better dream stone I think it''s between the following:
Did you notice one looking better than the other?

If not, I''d go for #2. It''s less money, and great numbers.

Quick question, are these stones at the same store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results