shape
carat
color
clarity

A story to tell...(big up GOG)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ed.touche

Rough_Rock
a small story to tell...

A month or so ago I purchased a 0.57 Carat, IF, G coloured stone set in a 4-prong tiffany from GOG.

For insurance purposes I need to get it valued so the ''misses'' and me popped into a well-known, supposedly quality jewellers in Oxford (UK). When in there we asked the lady at the counter if she could value it. She said although they could not give a definite value it could be compared to what they sell and this would provide us with a rough figure.

Anyway, over comes the senior sales clerk (weather he is the owner or not, I wasn''t certain). The guy pulls out his lobe looks though it and returns his attention to us with a somewhat surprised expression, then asked if we got this diamond here in the UK to which we replied, ''No, it was brought in America''. He quickly backed down on his college’s statement and said that it would have to be sent away for valuation.

I guess his diamonds in the shop where not quite up to the same value! Anyone out there looking to purchase from the malls and ''quality'' shops take note: buyer beware!

Cheers,
Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results