shape
carat
color
clarity

a story for eternity. with photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
As do many others on this board, my rings have a story.

I wear an engagement ring that I adore. It''s a modest diamond by pricescope standards, a .51 ctw RB that was given to FI and I from my mom, who wore it for 20+ years. FI and I chose to have a WG semi bezel setting made for it. I love the style and proportions of the ring, which holds a great deal of sentimental value, and I don''t ever plan to "upgrade". To me, this is as good as it gets! If this diamond had not been gifted to us to use in a solitare setting, I always have felt that my second choice would have been an eternity band as an engagement ring, as I am so taken with the circle of sparkle. I am also not the type to sport a large rock, though I freely admit I adore the doorknocker look on others! (Thus my addiction to the eyecandy on PS!).

So, when it came time for me to choose a wedding band, I decided I wanted a shared prong eternity. I love the classic timeless look of these rings. FI and I set a budget we were comfortable with and he gave me the green light to chose whatever I wanted within our price range. At first I was trying to come in under budget... I was struggling with feeling guilty about spending "so much" on a piece of jewelry! I tried on some lovely delicate bands with .02 and .03 melee that looked really nice with my e-ring proportions.

I looked and looked, researched, made multiple excursions to Tiff''s to try things on, and continued to try and talk myself out of wanting the rings that were at the high end of our budget.

A few weeks ago, I said screw it.

I decided on the biggest and blingiest band I could get within our budget. Many on PS will laugh! The ring I chose is, again, modest by PS standards. If I bothered to ask the question, "does it overshadow my e-ring?", I am sure the overwhelming response on the boards would be "yes". But bling is relative, and it''s likely that this will be the blingiest thing I ever own. As it should be. I mean, it''s my wedding ring. And I felt so sparkly when I put it on my finger.

Here''s where I am in the process. The story is not over yet. I ordered this band from ID Jewelry, Luann is helping me and she''s been lovely to work with, patient, and responsive. I received the ring, and there are some issues: it doesn''t fit my finger (too big), I''m not crazy about the profile (too tall) and there''s a funny irregularity on the band below one of the prongs. ID Jewelry seems to be willing to work with me to make sure I''m happy with the ring. I believe I made the right choice and I know that once these issues are resolved, I''ll rock this band until I can''t rock anymore!
28.gif

IMG_4744.JPG

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
1.2 ctw, 5 pointers, size 4.5
color F-G, clarity SI1

IMG_4755.JPG

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
one more: handshot

IMG_4750.JPG

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
here''s a profile shot... you can see that it''s too big. I''m really hoping for a somewhat lower profile.

freudian3.JPG

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I dont think it over shadows your e ring at all (BTW LOVE LOVE LOVE the e-ring, and looks much bigger than .5 ct on your tiny fingers). I think its just the right amount of bling!

Can't wait to see what it looks like when its all fixed!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 10:32:03 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
I dont think it over shadows your e ring at all (BTW LOVE LOVE LOVE the e-ring, and looks much bigger than .5 ct on your tiny fingers). I think its just the right amount of bling!

Can''t wait to see what it looks like when its all fixed!
Ditto...I love the ering and band together!
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it with your e-ring!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think the band is a great size to complement your ering! :)
I''m sorry you''re having some troubles with the band, but I hope that things will work out soon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this combination! Your ering and eternity band are a perfect pair - there is something lovely about the sparkle put off by a blingy band!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the band totally works with your e-ring! It looks just great. Though the diamonds are on the large side proportion-wise with your diamond, because your diamond is in a thicker banded semi-bezel it COMPLETELY looks perfect together!

That said I do hope they can lower the profile for you. I was struggling to find a band with as low a profile as I wanted with 5 point diamonds too (2mm max) and ended up having one custom made by BGD (it is now a stock setting there called the Dream band). Anyways, I hope that these issues can be resolved with ID jewelery, but if they cannot for some reason, I wanted to let you know about that option!
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think they''re both gorgeous, and I don''t think your e-ring looks small at all...it looks huge on your tiny finger!

They look great together...good luck getting the band exactly the way you wanted! Can''t wait to see it finished!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the combination, they look gorgeous on you!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the proportions are great with your ER.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love both your rings!

Maggie May

Rough_Rock
Beautiful !!!! I really love both of your rings, they look gorgeous together. I agree, your ER is a really nice proportion to your finger size.

I must also agree Luann is wonderful ! I got the exact same band, but I haven''t really noticed the profile too much.

I hope you get the ring just perfect, in saying that - I think it looks beautiful as it is
emsmile.gif

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful eternity band! ..and perfectly proportioned to your lovely ering! Once you get the band fixed to sit lower, it will look even more perfect! Congrats!!

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Both your rings look great! I wish I had one like that :)
I'm sure Luann will help and you will be very happy. And then the problem becomes waiting to wear it! When are you getting married?

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I love your ering and the eternity band looks perfect with it! A very nice combination!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
The set looks great!
36.gif

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
fabulous ~ classic set

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! Great choice. Hope all gets worked out with your new band and you can post more pics.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks perfect with your e-ring! Congratulations!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that I think it looks perfect with your ering!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great with your ering. It''s a stunning combo!! Congrats and Enjoy!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring story and your rings! I, too wear a "modest sized" family stone, and have for 23 years. I changed the setting last year, from a yg solitaire to a wg split shank, no side stones, but the center stone remains the same .67 ct. Like yours, it''s just what I want, while I enjoy all the sparklies here on PS.

I think your choice of band is a great compliment to your beautiful ering. Once you get the sizing and profile worked out, it will be perfect. Please remember, though, that eternity bands can''t be resized, so it''s smart to go just a smidge bigger to give you that lee-way. Over 20+ years I''ve gone up a bit from 4.5 to a 5. And, even back in 1988, I might have appreciated a 1/4 to 1/2 size difference on those hot, humid days in August.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! I love this forum
1.gif

@KaeKae- you''re right about the sizing, and thank you for reminding me. I think I''ll keep it at 4.5, it will probably feel like it fits better if the profile is a little lower.

@cakegirl, thanks again for posting the photos in your thread so that I could compare our bands. you''ve been so helpful!

my wedding is June 19. Can''t wait!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
After you get the eternity band sized right, your wedding set is going to be perfection. I had a friend with a similar wedding set to yours and I had to look at her hand every time I saw her. I just love the semi-bezel solitaire with an eternity band. Congratulations on getting your dream ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set and mine could be twins, so I think you have excellent taste! Truly a lovely set! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results