carat
color
clarity

A small Alexandrite

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I have had this small (20 point) pear alexandrite in my collection for a while. I was wondering about your thoughts on it. It is so clear that I almost think it is lab created, however the colours that it displays could mean that it is natural. I will take better footage if necessary.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Attachments

• 20240311_081351.jpg
    20240311_081351.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240311_081412.jpg
    20240311_081412.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 10

Crochet_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have had this small (20 point) pear alexandrite in my collection for a while. I was wondering about your thoughts on it. It is so clear that I almost think it is lab created, however the colours that it displays could mean that it is natural. I will take better footage if necessary.

Thank you for your thoughts!

At that size, it's unlikely to be lab created; there's very little market for very small lab created alexandrites. The color change is also what one would expect for natural.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
At that size, it's unlikely to be lab created; there's very little market for very small lab created alexandrites. The color change is also what one would expect for natural.

Thank you. Yes it is very small. I was wondering if it's even worth appraising or just keep it to make something eventually with it.

I appreciate your words and taking the time to reply to my post

Naturally we can't be sure, but if I had to guess, I'm going with natural. The synthetics have a much more dramatic color change (unnatural, even). Plus I think I'm seeing some internal characteristics. You can certainly have it appraised if you wish, but I would just go ahead and set him. Very pretty... enjoy!!

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Naturally we can't be sure, but if I had to guess, I'm going with natural. The synthetics have a much more dramatic color change (unnatural, even). Plus I think I'm seeing some internal characteristics. You can certainly have it appraised if you wish, but I would just go ahead and set him. Very pretty... enjoy!!

I appreciate your honesty. Thank you so much for responding. I will most likely hang onto it until I find a suitable setting.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also vote natural. It does look like there are natural properties, and the color change looks good.
I bought my little one from Yvonne and had it set in a pendant with spinels:

Penelope4.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results