shape
carat
color
clarity

A Sigh of Relief!

300GCP

Rough_Rock
For any of you who remember my previous posts and were so kind as to comment and give advice, I just wanted to post the conclusion of my story. Tomorrow I will be giving back my ring and having the center stone swapped out for the G, Ex, VS1, 1.70 ct RB that we looked at two weeks ago, at the same price we were quoted two weeks ago (although the jeweler said in the last two weeks prices have gone up, interestingly). I am relieved, happy, excited, and anxious! I can't wait to have my new stone and to be able to hold it up to my face in all lights and at all angles and not see my little black speck inclusion (which I have named Salvatore, lol). Thanks again to everyone!

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!

At a VS1, you should DEFINITELY be A-ok for no visible inclusions!!! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! VS1 is perfect for you. glad everything is finally working out. Can't wait to see the hand shot!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news!!! :appl: That would have been my choice as well! In the long run, you will be SO glad you did this now rather than feeling unhappy with your ring for years!!! Plus, you and your fiance worked through a problem together and solved it!

Please come back and post pictures in Show Me the Bling so we can admire your new ring!!! :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD!

And welcome to the VS1 eagle eyes club! ::)

300GCP

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1305750856|2925066 said:
GOOD!

With my luck, I will be the first living human to see an inclusion with my naked eye in a VS1! :errrr:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
300GCP|1305752246|2925087 said:
GOOD!

With my luck, I will be the first living human to see an inclusion with my naked eye in a VS1! :errrr:

If you do, you are imagining things 8)

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
*knock on wood* I'm sure you'll be fine. ;-)

Congratulations, and yes, please post pictures when you're finished.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats :)) good to see a happy ending to the saga! I think for you a VS1 is a great fit - eyeclean *and* mindclean :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
300GCP|1305752246|2925087 said:
GOOD!

If you have that kind of luck, I'm kidnapping you to buy a lottery ticket~ :sun:

300GCP

Rough_Rock
I am fantasizing about what it will be like to examine my diamond closely without seeing anything! It is SOOOOO exciting to me. Since this started, I have seen other inclusions in my stone too. They are minute and can only be seen VERY close up and in good lighting, but now I know that they are there too. I had a VS1 before, so I know I won't see a thing and I just can't wait!!!!!!! :love: :appl: :love:

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering what happened with your whole situation, glad to see that it worked out! Can't wait to see your pics :appl:

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Great news! I'm really glad things finally worked out. Can't wait to see some pics!

DiamondSEEKER 1452

Rough_Rock
For any of you who remember my previous posts and were so kind as to comment and give advice, I just wanted to post the conclusion of my story. Tomorrow I will be giving back my ring and having the center stone swapped out for the G, Ex, VS1, 1.70 ct RB that we looked at two weeks ago, at the same price we were quoted two weeks ago (although the jeweler said in the last two weeks prices have gone up, interestingly). I am relieved, happy, excited, and anxious! I can't wait to have my new stone and to be able to hold it up to my face in all lights and at all angles and not see my little black speck inclusion (which I have named Salvatore, lol). Thanks again to everyone!

Hi 300 GCP, 6 years later we are in the same dilemma as you. In our budget, we have the choice of a 1.90 G SI1 or a 1.73 G VVS2 - very similar to your stones. Are you still very happy with your decision to go for the 1.70 stone & do you feel it is large enough all these years later? Best wishes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results