shape
carat
color
clarity

A shocking jolt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My bf got electrocuted at work last night, he had to go to the hospital and everything... i didn''t find out till this morning because he was on night shift and i was asleep and he didn''t want to disturb me (bless)... thank god he is ok, but it really made me start thinking about him and how much i love him and would hate to loose him.

After he told me his story i gave him a big hug and said ''i am sooo glad that you are ok...'' and he says to me.... yeah i bet you do... you haven''t got the ring on your finger yet so you wouldn''t want me dying too soon!! I know he was joking but at that point it made me realise that it isn''t about how big and sparkly my diamond turns out to be, it''s more important that we love each other and i will do anything to stay with him for the rest of my life... i would even give up the ring.

So i guess i just wanted to say to all the girls out there like me who are obsessing over the perfect ring and when it''s all going to happen (i am guilty of this over 100 times!!) just remember how we got here in the first place and what is really more important... the men we want to spend the rest of our lives with...

take care.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
great post hawaiian - I hope your SO feels better soon! If you dont mind me asking, what does he do for a living?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, I''m glad he''s okay! Definitely puts things in perspective.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

Thank heavens he is okay. I am glad for that.

And thank you for sharing your story.. You''re right.. in the light of the nerves and anticipation, sometimes we''re guilty of losing sight of what is really important.. :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:10:46 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
great post hawaiian - I hope your SO feels better soon! If you dont mind me asking, what does he do for a living?

He works for a mining company (we are in Australia), he was working with a crane when he grabbed a part of it with both hands and a jolt went into his chest.. while he was at the hospital the electrician figured out that whoever did the recent maintence on it didn''t put it back together properly and left a heap of water in the cavity so it was an accident waiting to happen... luckily bf used to work as an electrician years and years ago and had been shocked before so he knew what to do! lol.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Great post -- it''s so true. I am so glad your SO is okay.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... glad he''s OK- that''s so terrifying!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:36:47 PM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Date: 2/5/2009 9:10:46 PM

Author: SailorsSweet<3

He works for a mining company (we are in Australia), he was working with a crane when he grabbed a part of it with both hands and a jolt went into his chest.. while he was at the hospital the electrician figured out that whoever did the recent maintence on it didn''t put it back together properly and left a heap of water in the cavity so it was an accident waiting to happen... luckily bf used to work as an electrician years and years ago and had been shocked before so he knew what to do! lol.

Oh my! Thank god hes okay! That kind of sounds like you could take legal action if you wanted to. Someone could have died from that maintenance man''s negligence.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hawaiian - thank goodness he is okay!!!!

I totally get what you are saying, and i am reminded every time E works a night shift! (road work)

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow glad to hear he''s ok!

KatM

Shiny_Rock
oh wow, how scary! i''m glad he''s ok and that you have a positive perspective on things.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
THANK GOD HE''S ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!

Wow, really makes you appreciate things that matter!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank goodness he''s ok.

And yeah, I think we all lose sight of what''s REALLY important sometimes. Thanks for reminding us!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG! How frightening!!! Thank God he''s okay. (((BIG HUG))) to both of you.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
So glad he is okay! Sorry to hear about it. Your post was really great, because I think we all do need to take a step back sometimes and realize what''s important.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear he is ok....I've been spending A LOT of time lately being greatful for my relationship with FF. It is certainly something to always remember!!!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad he is ok. I also think that the backbone supporting ones "desire for the perfect ring, engagement, etc" is the awesome man they fell in love with. ((Hugs))
Be sure to give your man some sexy, I love you time!
36.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
oh hawaiian, so sorry to hear what happen. But I''m glad he is okay. It is so true what you mentioned. I remind myself that whenever I get frustrated and thankful for having a SO like him. Take care Hawaiian and also to your SO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results