shape
carat
color
clarity

a sentimental dress..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock

Hey beautiful people

9.gif

I''m not yet engaged but heading that way with my wonderful man. We have just bought our first house and we''re busy packing to move in 4 days time!!

Well today I was sorting through my storage and found the dress that I wore on our first date (4 yrs ago now). It was an awards ceremony, all tuxes and gowns, and I fell in love with this dress and spent a fortune on it because I wanted the night to be perfect - this guy was something special you see!

The dress actually came from a bridal store and I think it would be stunning as my wedding gown. I have happy thoughts and feelings associated with it already and it would also make a nice story I think.

A possible issue is that the dress is ice pink so we would have to plan a lot of the details/colours of the day around that... but there has to be something that you plan everything else around I suppose.

Does anyone have any thoughts about an ice-pink bride? I do also like the thought of a white dress.

And it''s all idle thought at the moment what with not even being engaged
37.gif

If you were me, what colours and decorations would you be thinking about to complement the dress?

I do have a bit of a thing for cherry blossoms.

thanks! xo

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I also found the rose that he gave me on our first date.

It''s aaaallll dried up and sad looking but I can''t throw it away
6.gif

What can you do with an old dried up rose apart from keep it in a cupboard?

xo

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For colors light pink and black would be pretty with a little green on the side!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like pink! there are some attractive pink wedding dresses out there, and i think that would be very pretty - plus you''d have a sentimental dress that you''ve already paid for - win/win situation!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be really sweet. I see no problem with an ice pink bride.
1.gif
And congrats on your new house and impending engagement!

calliecarsaro

Rough_Rock
I think ice pink will be pretty and a perfect color to go with it would be chocolate. You don''t want two light colors but a contrasting color that will make the look pop!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that would be an awesome dress to wear!!!

And I dig chocolate with light pink.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I found a photo from that night... hope this works
37.gif

Would have to get it professionally fitted so no wrinkly bits...

dress097243.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
If you want to wear that dress go for it! Alternatively if your heart is set on a white gown for the ceremony, use this as a reception dress (or get a short sassy white dress as a reception dress). Y''see you can have it both ways! :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You look absolutely radiant in pink!!!
36.gif
I think it would be a very sweet sentiment to wear that gown for the wedding.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 8:45:40 AM
Author: lliang_chi
If you want to wear that dress go for it! Alternatively if your heart is set on a white gown for the ceremony, use this as a reception dress (or get a short sassy white dress as a reception dress). Y''see you can have it both ways! :)

Great ideas!!!

You could go all pink and white and that would be gorgeous. Maybe some touches of black to keep it from seeming too little girlish.

Can''t wait to see what you decide!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I think pink is gorgeous - especially on you in that dress!

I was thinking about pink a while back - this is the thread I started on it: Subtle Pink Wedding Dresses

So you see, there are lots of pink wedding dresses out there, and pink wedding dress brides too! I ended up going with a white one just because I found one while we were dress shopping and decided to go with it.

I think pink and brown are beautiful together for spring or fall. And if you want bolder, pink and black is always sassy! And I agree about the green too - that would be beautiful with the pale/ice pink. And pale yellow too!
1.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:57:57 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
I think pink is gorgeous - especially on you in that dress!

I was thinking about pink a while back - this is the thread I started on it: Subtle Pink Wedding Dresses

So you see, there are lots of pink wedding dresses out there, and pink wedding dress brides too! I ended up going with a white one just because I found one while we were dress shopping and decided to go with it.

I think pink and brown are beautiful together for spring or fall. And if you want bolder, pink and black is always sassy! And I agree about the green too - that would be beautiful with the pale/ice pink. And pale yellow too!
1.gif

DITTO! Everything that ILStrawberries said! veilshop.com even sells pale, pale pink veils, should you wants a veil. I ordered a swatch sample card from them for my own purposes, but it has the pink on there, and it''s a very soft, pale, cool pink. pretty!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I think that pink is subtle enough that you could definitely wear it as a wedding gown. Gorgeous (both you and the dress)! One of my favorite color combos is actually light pink and pewter/platinum. So romantic/vintage glam.

Since you''re still undecided, though, it might be nice to get a feel for what your future fiance would like to see you in. I had toyed with the idea of wearing a colored wedding dress, but when I mentioned it in passing to my fiance, his face fell. His only "vision" regarding the wedding was to see me walking down the aisle in a white/ivory dress.

Whatever you wear, you''ll make one stunning bride!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I think ice pink is gorgeous for a bride!

I took some of the old roses my fiancee gave me and put the petals inside a pretty wine bottle. Just a thought:)
ETA: It was also nice because it was a bottle we drank together
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding dress (Amsale Aurora) is pink, so I am totally down with a pink wedding dress! If that''s what you want to wear, go for it! (I''m super impressed that you want to re-wear your dress, too. I can''t even do that as a wedding guest-I have to have a new one every time!
3.gif
) Just make sure you won''t secretly want a white gown-I thought about it and realized that nope, pink was perfect for me, but a lot of brides seem to want white which is totally understandable.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Go for it! I was a PINK bride too! 22 years later I still don''t regret it a bit!

LS

Foo199.jpg

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock

ooh chocolate and pink, I like it!!

I made a wee collage of those colours - love the idea of using coffee beans.

But you''re right, Mr Man might have strong feelings about the dress or colours, that would be kinda nice actually
37.gif

brd765321.jpg

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I really do have a thing for chery blossoms
37.gif

mycake543.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
The collage looks great! And I think cherry blossoms would be very pretty with everything! I love the birds, and the candles combined with the cherry blossoms in the top left picture are beautiful.

What are the flowers in the bouquet on the photo on the right, second one down?

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
luvthemstrawberries : The flowers are paper origami centrepieces I saw on Etsy - I don''t have the link sorry but they were really pretty.

I can''t believe I''ve just discovered Etsy, I love it! Thinking about getting wedding favours made by someone on there - like handmade cufflinks for boys and brooches for girls - something that''s cheap to make but useful and nice and sentimental. Something like this pic but different.

(ya know? same but different? hehe)
37.gif

il_430xN_61804430.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I love that flower favor! Very pretty!!!

Haha and I swear those flowers from Etsy in your collage look so real.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous colour! I''d say go for it. Love the pink and brown colour idea too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results