shape
carat
color
clarity

a round lavender stone solitaire e-ring i saw in the supermarket

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i was in safeway YEARS AGO, and i noticed the woman paying for her groceries in front of me was wearing the most beautiful
e-ring. i have since never forgotten about it. it was a round cut stone in a platinum [i assume] 6 prong tiffany style setting. ok now the stone was lavender, and maybe looked like 1/2 carat or so??. when i searched purple stones i first learned of tanzanite [not heat treated?? i think], but now that my pricescope addiction has been teaching me of all the possibilites of gems, and their beautiful colors, along with moh''s hardness scale, i''m thinking it was more likely a sapphire or a spinel. but it was this perfect shade of lavender or light purple, and mixed with the platinum, oh it was sooooooooo pretty. a little slice of heaven, i think.
12.gif

i love it so much i want something similar for a right hand ring. as well as, this having effect for my diamond upgrade i have been looking for a colorless or near colorless with strong blue fluoresence, as i''ve seen some stones on PS with this feature in some lights give off an ever so slight lavender hue or that ''blue-white'' look.

but for the purpose of finding something very similar to this womans ring that after all this time... is STILL being adored by memory, i''d love to see something like this again. any ideas? i will try to find a pic of something like what i''m talking about, as i''ve been looking ever since. but does anyone here have something like this or have you seen anything online maybe?

this platinum/lavender thing had me at hello
30.gif

Gullfoss

Rough_Rock
I think this ring is really pretty.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been drooling over these lavenders

http://www.customgemstones.com/SPINEL/Spinel.htm

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want something more violet (like a greyish blue purple), or pink, or pinkish purple?

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 3:13:30 PM
Author: Gullfoss
I think this ring is really pretty.
YES!!! those first two pics are THE SHADE OF LAVENDER IM TALKING ABOUT!!! oh its so pretty!
30.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
the second link is the closest to the shade...
BUT.. the colors of the 1st and 3rd link have just made me fall in love
30.gif
.. the way its purplish but pink, like a color change almost. so, it looks like im gonna need YET ANOTHER ring. i do love my pinks and purples dont i?

thats why i ABSOLUTELY
emlove.gif
ADORE your pear!!!! that is such a beautiful stone!! its got all i love most in one. the perfectly white diamond, with hints of blue and pink and purple, but still crystal clear, and then under the blacklight, its got special powers. im tellin you it is magical. i keep going back to stare at that picture you shared with me, on my other post. it is that picture that has set my standards for buying a diamond. i want mine to have a color just like that!!
i know anything you pick out will have colors i like.
4.gif

you have amazing taste!!!
36.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 5:51:13 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Do you want something more violet (like a greyish blue purple), or pink, or pinkish purple?
these were really good examples of the color in the supermarket...
http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesjewelry2006/102spr-sm.html

and the 1st two pics on this page

http://www.jewelryexpert.com/CATALOG/Lavender-Sapphire-Engraved-Ring-sr.htm

BUT... having now seen some other examples
i really like the pinkish purple ones im being shown too.
so i will probably need both
31.gif

maybe i can get an eternity ring of alternating diamond, blueish purple, diamond, pinkish purple, diamond, blueish purple, etc etc [or wait...white sapphire in place of diamonds]

im open to all light shades of purple, and since i love pink too, now im a little torn
but my first obsession was that shade in safeway, should i try to be faithful?
these are important issues i have, i know. LOL... I HEART PRICESCOPE I DO!!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR UNDERSTANDING!!! no one else would understand my passion for these sparklies.
i''ve recently become so interested in beautiful jewelry, gorgeous gems, and everything that comes with learning about each quality they all posess
34.gif
. its so much fun
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2008 2:07:20 AM
Author: trishy

30.gif
.. the way its purplish but pink, like a color change almost. so, it looks like im gonna need YET ANOTHER ring. i do love my pinks and purples dont i?

thats why i ABSOLUTELY
emlove.gif
ADORE your pear!!!! that is such a beautiful stone!! its got all i love most in one. the perfectly white diamond, with hints of blue and pink and purple, but still crystal clear, and then under the blacklight, its got special powers. im tellin you it is magical. i keep going back to stare at that picture you shared with me, on my other post. it is that picture that has set my standards for buying a diamond. i want mine to have a color just like that!!
4.gif

36.gif
You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I know what you mean about purple and pinks because I''m almost the same. In fact, if I were going to buy a lavender/purple sapphire I''d have no hesitation about buying the second one in the link I sent you. The only problem is I''m not keen on the setting - if you''re not either, I wonder whether they''d sell you the loose stone for your own project? It might be worth asking. Simply Sapphires have excellent Customer Service.

Don''t give up on looking for your perfect diamond - I''m sure you''ll find one. Mine was bought from a dealer in NY but purchased by a friend of mine in the UK (a diamond dealer) for me. Are you in the UK? If so, I can pass you his details and he can try and get you a similar diamond.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 11:05:36 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 12/29/2008 2:07:20 AM
Author: trishy

30.gif

thats why i ABSOLUTELY
emlove.gif
4.gif

36.gif
You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I know what you mean about purple and pinks because I''m almost the same. In fact, if I were going to buy a lavender/purple sapphire I''d have no hesitation about buying the second one in the link I sent you. The only problem is I''m not keen on the setting - if you''re not either, I wonder whether they''d sell you the loose stone for your own project? It might be worth asking. Simply Sapphires have excellent Customer Service.

Don''t give up on looking for your perfect diamond - I''m sure you''ll find one. Mine was bought from a dealer in NY but purchased by a friend of mine in the UK (a diamond dealer) for me. Are you in the UK? If so, I can pass you his details and he can try and get you a similar diamond.
see i knew it!! great taste. i wasnt keen on the setting either. but the color of that stone is tdf!!! they dont have the actual stone, its in someone elses store and would be directly shipped from them. and they wont let it go sans custom setting... too bad
im not in the uk.... i am in california, hmmm ..... do i need a vacation maybe? i am very picky when it comes to a purchase [cuz im not a big fan of the hassle of making a return or buyers remorse, its like a purchase hangover, the only way to get rid of it is to spend more], so even if it takes a long while to find that diamond, thats ok. i wont rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results