shape
carat
color
clarity

A ring "wardrobe"...Do you have e-ring looks to match your moods?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about a .6 ct round ideal diamond set in a 6 prong setting. My hubby prefers I just wear my wedding set and doesn't think I will go smaller. My ering is 1.17 ct 20200421_161320.jpg
Are those who have smaller diamonds wearing them or always prefer their larger diamond? Thanks for helping. I'm trying to think through and I know the answer varies by the person but any insight is appreciated.

Well, I'm a real oddball, so bear that in mind......

I've come to find that I'm a small-stone person in general. My original e-ring is a half-carat with side stones, and long pre-Pricescope. We didn't know what we were doing, it's a GIA "triple good" - :doh:. I liked it OK - it was still pretty. I felt the pull of "bigger is better," though, so as we approached our 10th anniversary, I decided that I was getting another ring to have as an alternate that would have a bigger stone, and that was the beginning of perusing, then joining, Pricescope and studying and agonizing and buying and selling and slowly accumulating a whole little wardrobe of rings that can go left or right hand - some diamonds, some good quality CZ, some moissy. That was 3 years ago, and even though I have some lovely rings with larger stones and/or more "coverage" that I adore, I rarely wear them. I have teeny, tiny, itty-bitty hands with short stocky fingers, and anything larger than about 5.5 mm tops just looks.....weird. And I almost never dress up - 95% of my life is in jeans/yoga pants and tennis shoes/sandals. And all my clothes and other jewelry is super understated. So......they only get worn the other 5% of the time at the most. The rest of the time I just keep reaching for the ones that range from 0.35ct to 0.5ct center stone, because that's just what fits my hand and my style and my life and.....me. And somehow, they just look more "bridal" to me than the others. I don't know why; maybe because my mother's was small as well, so that's what I grew up seeing? So, yeah, I always wear the smaller ones and almost never the bigger ones. :think: I think I'm reeeeeaaaaally a weirdo outlier on Pricescope, though!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 7 stone instead of my solitaire ER when I feel like mixing it up, when I'm traveling, and when I want to be more low key.

I'm not sure why, but I keep thinking about making an alternate ring with this halo setting below - it's so unique and has an antique look to it. I was thinking about using another Lightbox 1ct solitaire for it to keep costs down.

I also dream about a large emerald cut ring, and a 3-stone with a cushion cut center and 2 round side stones set in 18K gold.

Some of my co-workers have smaller ERs (probably less than 0.5ct) and I love the look of them too!

I probably shouldn't buy any alternate rings though, as I'm not sure how much I'd wear them.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Diamond Girl 21 I really love my current set and always will. I guess I'm thinking there's something nostalgic about a 6 prong setting, small diamond. The diamond I'm considering is a D ideal and I have a G ideal, same vendor. I certainly don't need another diamond lol but I see folks on here with different sets and it intrigues me. I appreciate your feedback.

As long as you're keeping your original set, I say go for it. I love, love, love D color stones, and I'm sure it will look awesome in a classic setting.

I ended up with more than one ring mainly because I love modern round brilliants and emerald cuts equally. They are so different and lovely in their own way, I just couldn't choose between the two. I tend to wear my emerald cut more. I think because it's smaller and set lower. But I love to wear my MRB when I really want to bling it up. My husband doesn't really understand. He's of the opinion that one bigger diamond would be better (quality being equal), but he's cool with my decision.

Please let us know what you decide, and show lots of pics if you get a second diamond.

Last edited:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
With Covid I’ve stuck to just a thin plain gold band I bought in aug.
But shortly after getting married I found a beautiful ring from the 20’s and my husband bought it as my first wedding Anniversary gift and I’ve worn it ever since, more than my engagement ring That’s also from 20’s/30’s

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few. I have my second set, with rubies and I wear that on my right hand sometimes. A yellow and pink lemonade style ring, a 5 stone band and a wide pave band. I alternate all of them.
I have been doing a lot of hand sewing lately and I use a lit magnifying lamp. I love to look at the pave band in that thing. Super blingy and white and it makes me happy to see it. I also have a few bands and colored stone rings so I switch to whatever my mood is. I love all my jewelry so I have fun switching it up.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @OboeGal I hear you on the small stones, I think it reminds me of my moms set too, which I'll probably get someday and hopefully not soon.
And thanks @MRBXXXFVVS1 ooh that halo setting is gorgeous and so unique!
@Diamond Girl 21 I've never had a D nor even seen one. It might ruin me for any lower colors lol but i don't think so. My hubby thinks I'm cray to even want a smaller diamond. Maybe he's right. I don't want to complicate my life with 2 rings. Or I get the D and make a pendant. Thanks for the help folks.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @OboeGal I hear you on the small stones, I think it reminds me of my moms set too, which I'll probably get someday and hopefully not soon.
And thanks @MRBXXXFVVS1 ooh that halo setting is gorgeous and so unique!
@Diamond Girl 21 I've never had a D nor even seen one. It might ruin me for any lower colors lol but i don't think so. My hubby thinks I'm cray to even want a smaller diamond. Maybe he's right. I don't want to complicate my life with 2 rings. Or I get the D and make a pendant. Thanks for the help folks.

I think all the colors are pretty....just different. Love the pendant idea!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I waited a looong time for my upgrade, so I wear that puppy all the time! My diamond eternity has super special meaning to me, a 25th anniversary gift my husband very sweetly bought. I never remove it, except for cleaning. So I switch things up by changing out my middle band.
I'm daydreaming about a very deco 3 stone, probably with colored sidestones or a very geometric deco design with colored stones. But these I'd probably just end up wearing as right hand rings or travel rings .

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figured out a while ago that I'd be happier with a variety of smaller rings instead of one big one because I love all the diamond shapes and metal colors equally. When I'm working, I like to alternate the rings in my e-ring family, but in quarantine, I find myself wearing my Tacori asscher band most often.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200517140615188_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190824124802437_COVER.jpg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm a real oddball, so bear that in mind......

I've come to find that I'm a small-stone person in general. My original e-ring is a half-carat with side stones, and long pre-Pricescope. We didn't know what we were doing, it's a GIA "triple good" - :doh:. I liked it OK - it was still pretty. I felt the pull of "bigger is better," though, so as we approached our 10th anniversary, I decided that I was getting another ring to have as an alternate that would have a bigger stone, and that was the beginning of perusing, then joining, Pricescope and studying and agonizing and buying and selling and slowly accumulating a whole little wardrobe of rings that can go left or right hand - some diamonds, some good quality CZ, some moissy. That was 3 years ago, and even though I have some lovely rings with larger stones and/or more "coverage" that I adore, I rarely wear them. I have teeny, tiny, itty-bitty hands with short stocky fingers, and anything larger than about 5.5 mm tops just looks.....weird. And I almost never dress up - 95% of my life is in jeans/yoga pants and tennis shoes/sandals. And all my clothes and other jewelry is super understated. So......they only get worn the other 5% of the time at the most. The rest of the time I just keep reaching for the ones that range from 0.35ct to 0.5ct center stone, because that's just what fits my hand and my style and my life and.....me. And somehow, they just look more "bridal" to me than the others. I don't know why; maybe because my mother's was small as well, so that's what I grew up seeing? So, yeah, I always wear the smaller ones and almost never the bigger ones. :think: I think I'm reeeeeaaaaally a weirdo outlier on Pricescope, though!

I’m a weirdo outlier too, then! These are my thoughts and actions exactly. :)

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I figured out a while ago that I'd be happier with a variety of smaller rings instead of one big one because I love all the diamond shapes and metal colors equally. When I'm working, I like to alternate the rings in my e-ring family, but in quarantine, I find myself wearing my Tacori asscher band most often.

What a lovely collection!

Yes, I'm the same way - although I can appreciate the whole idea of "one ring to rule them all," now that I've experienced having a collection and switching them out, I could never go back. There are just too many things I like, too. And no matter how much I love a ring or a stack, and enjoy wearing it, after 2-3 days I just get weary of looking down at the same thing and need to see something different for a little while. Then, when I put on what I had on last week and grew tired of, I'm all in love with it all over again.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely collection!
Aaww, thanks!!
Yes, I'm the same way - although I can appreciate the whole idea of "one ring to rule them all," now that I've experienced having a collection and switching them out, I could never go back. There are just too many things I like, too. And no matter how much I love a ring or a stack, and enjoy wearing it, after 2-3 days I just get weary of looking down at the same thing and need to see something different for a little while. Then, when I put on what I had on last week and grew tired of, I'm all in love with it all over again.
Exactly!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the Tacori!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Tacori!
Thanks! The middle ring in the top photo is also Tacori. I call that one my "first love." It's my 15th anniversary wedding set. =)2

Reactions: caf
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results