shape
carat
color
clarity

A ring! But no engagement just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Tomorrow is FF and my 5th anniversary (02/03/04), and he decided to give me my gift early since I wouldn''t get to see him until later tomorrow night. I halfway knew that he wouldn''t propose on a "holiday" or on any kind of significant day (since I pretty much told him NOT to do that because I would be suspicious of him), but when he gave me a ring box I couldn''t resist the idea that it mighhhhtttttt be "the one." So I said, "Please tell me this isn''t what I think it is," and he assured me it wasn''t ( ). But when I opened it up, it DEFINITELY made up for it.

Here''s a little history. My mom has this b-e-a-utiful yellow gold and onyx ring that she got for her birthday about 25 years ago. I have always loved it, and when I was a little girl, I would sneak it out of her jewelry box and wear it around the house, pretending to be her (I always wanted to be just like my mom when I grew up.) So when I got old enough, she''d let me wear it on special occasions, and when I got even older, it pretty much became mine as I wore it far more often than she did. The only complaint I had was that it is yellow gold - and I don''t really own any other yellow gold jewelry. Well, FF overheard me talking about this with my mom awhile back, and last night, when I opened the box... it was my mom''s ring - in white gold! I was sooooo excited, and it is so beautiful and unique. I have no idea how he found it (or whether or not he had it made), but he did. And it''s awesome.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will, for anyone interested.

Just thought I would share
9.gif
!

Adhesive

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s so sweet! That''s proof that the best is yet to come. He showed what a thoughtful and attentive man he is. You got a good one. I hope you enjoy the new and improved ring.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So sweet! Your FF sounds very thoughtful, and I can''t wait to see pics!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great story! He sounds wonderful! Hurry back with pictures, I''m so curious to see what it looks like!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Can''t wait to see pics!!!

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
here''s one (I hope...)

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 124

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
yayy! another...

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 133

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 123

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 129

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx6.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 124

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx8.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 126

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx9.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 123

adhesive

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx10.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 131

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
last one, I promise
12.gif

This one is of mine next to my mom''s. Mine''s on the left, hers is on the right.

Attachments

• adhesiveonyx11.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 124

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s awesome. Congrats. And happy anniversary!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
awww. is it just me? I can''t see the pics??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t see the photos, but the story and sentiment are wonderful.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...

The photos seem to load up fine on my computer. Anyone else having trouble seeing them?

I was thinking about starting a thread in SMTR (since it IS a lot of pictures to post here), so when I do that, I will work on loading them up properly and then post the link here.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. He is a sweetheart - even if he IS a bit pokey getting around to the actual proposal
2.gif
25.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 8:54:23 AM
Author: adhesive
Hmmm...

The photos seem to load up fine on my computer. Anyone else having trouble seeing them?

I was thinking about starting a thread in SMTR (since it IS a lot of pictures to post here), so when I do that, I will work on loading them up properly and then post the link here.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. He is a sweetheart - even if he IS a bit pokey getting around to the actual proposal
2.gif
25.gif
7.gif
I AM...

Did want to comment, your man rocks! I love how special that gift was. It really shows that he pays close attention... yippee!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No pictures here either, but what a great story!
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Aww...how sweet and thoughtful of him! I really wish I could see the pictures!!!
8.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Your FF is very toughtful. cant see the ring but im sure its lovely.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I can see the photos just fine. I have a Mac, do you? I wonder if that has something to do with it....
33.gif

BTW....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! Makes me want one, it''s SO unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results