shape
carat
color
clarity

A resolution..of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, another happy outcome...I am so glad for both of you. It sounds like though there is work ahead, you BOTH have really done some growing. I have always felt that a it is okay sometimes to be unsure, to not have it all figured out...if you break up, do some honest work and soul searching and then end up together, strong and better, than it was meant to be. I really hope you are finding good forward steps but know that it is not a totally linear process, and sometimes in healing there are backward steps too. I am just so thrilled for you to have found the common glue that has been keeping all the negative stuck to you. I will only hope to hear even more good things!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ally: I've followed your story but never posted. I greatly admired your courage and spirit. I was always rooting for you!

This latest post strikes close to home. I've been there, and have been working on ME for the last 20 years. I first came to terms with it in my teens, when I realized what had happened to me as a young child. I'm a work in progress. Nope, I'm not completely at peace, but am getting close! I've never been happier. I married a wonderful man 3 months ago. Life is good!

Talking things out with loved ones and going to therapy is an essential step in moving forward. I'm glad that you've embraced both.

I'm sending good vibes your way!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 6:32:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Italy for a honeymoon, anyone?
2.gif

I''ll second that FOR SURE!!
9.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Ally,

Your post made me cry
4.gif
...in a good way, of course. You are such a strong girl!!! (and so are you Alexis!!). I''m so sorry for whatever you both went trhoguh...and I admire your strenght so much!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that you are working through this...specially because it looks like now you''re looking within you to understand what makes you happy and what''s holding you back. It is always easier to look outwards and blame others, but you are courageous and have a great attitude about this.... and it will only be uphill from now...the healing has begun and will continue
1.gif

I''m so excited about you booking a reception hall too!!....wow! that''s a huge step!. I''m also so glad your FI is working on his own issues. They say you can never make anybody happy is you''re not happy with yourself first, so kudos to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Congratulations!!!

Big hugs!

M~

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sk8rjen: Long time no see! I have to get caught up on your wedding plans, if you''ve posted anywhere! Thanks for the kind words.

Kaleigh (Lisa), ChargerGrrl, hlmr I think the part that made me feel better was knowing that there are other people that have gone through it. I was thinking yesturday that it''s very isolating, and I wish I knew someone that had gone through the same things. Thanks to both of you for sharing. Lisa, you''ve always been so sweet. And something about your posts always made me feel that you were very, very gentle woman, and a little vulnerable.
35.gif
. ChargerGrrl: life is certainly good for you, I hope to get there one day! although it is most definitely a work in progress. I''m not exepecting this to be a short road. hlmr: at least I can rest assured that not everyone is super self-aware. I think the hardest part of this is lookign back on it and wondering how totally oblivious I must have been to everything.

Mandarine: You are a sweetheart! You''ve been a bit MIA lately, although I know that with 2 weeks to go, your time on the LIW list must be ticking down. I can''t wait to hear about the trip! Good luck!

Deco, Travelinggal: There is NO way I am waiting for two years for ITALY. NO WAY. I was so disppointed about Christmas that I''m going to do everything I can to squeeze that trip in this summer. Having planned it before hand, the urge is just OVERWHELMING.

Miranda, Bee*, aljdewey, curlygirl, Snlee, Jelly, flopkins, Ambergretchen: thanks for the kind thoughts, and the words of encouragement. Hopefully the really, really tough times are behind me.

diamondfan: it''s funny that you mentioned the linear process. I wish that I could always ontop of things, but I''m pretty sure that there''s going to be a lot of ups and downs before this is all done with.

Hopes: Your post was so GOOD for me. Confidence wise and so NICE. I do think that my guy can change, because he''s done it in the past. And with stuff that I thought was a LOST cause. So I''m hopeful here too. I have to be, because he asked me to believe in him, and I said I would so I have to stay with that. I think a lot of long-term, relationships where you''ve grown up with the person entails a lot of highs and lows, and growing pains. I guess being with him for 10 years, means I''ve seen a lot of the immature behavior. I can imagine that a lot of guys do immature, responsible things from ages 18-25...
2.gif
I''m going to look up some of your posts, see if you''ve posted more of your story, thanks!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I was going to post this in my reply to your upgrade thread, but I thought it would be more fitting here.

Sweetie, you''ve been through hard times and are still recuperating, but let me tell you this: You are an amazing and strong woman and I have come to admire you very much. You''ve recently made me realize that there are things I have been putting off, things I could and should do to make my life and my relationship better, that I should absolutely do ASAP even if it scares me sh!tless. You are truly an inspiration, I hope you will realize that and stop believing that you are not worthy enough to get what you''ve wanted for a long time... Because you are.

Take care, ally! Good luck with your exams, and I hope I''ll see you soon.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
ally,

i am so proud of you for taking this huge step to recovery. it must be extremely hard, but from your last few posts, it seems to have a positive effect on you. i''m sorry for whatever happened to you when you were young. i''m just glad you are putting it behind you and not denying it anymore.

it seems like you are really changing the way you think and view life now, which is good considering how unhappy you were. i''m not worried about you anymore because i think you know what is the most important now, which is YOURSELF. i applaud you for the progress you have taken.
36.gif
*a huge bear hug for you*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results