shape
carat
color
clarity

A reflective article on diamond grading reports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 5:32:21 PM
Author: strmrdr

Getting busy here but ill answer this one...
No and heck no.
Dont trust tiff anymore than the shoe salesman turned diamond salesman at walmart.
Hmmm, I wouldn''t be so quick. Tiffany offers some guarantee for their grading. GIA doesn''t guarantee anything.

If a diamond from say Rosi Blue'' factory would come with a guarantee of grading accuracy, why not?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 5:36:23 PM
Author: Pricescope
Date: 12/2/2005 5:32:21 PM

Getting busy here but ill answer this one...

No and heck no.

Dont trust tiff anymore than the shoe salesman turned diamond salesman at walmart.

Hmmm, I wouldn''t be so quick. Tiffany offers some guarantee for their grading. GIA doesn''t guarantee anything.

If a diamond from say Rosi Blue'' factory would come with a guarantee of grading accuracy, why not?

graded by what standard?
thiers?
I can garantee a diamond is a strmD color cuz strmD color is whatever I say it is.
Without an outside standard a guarantee is useless and they know it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/2/2005 11:40:16 AM
Author: Brighter_Suns

I just wanted to add the perspective of a first time purchaser who two months ago would never have dreamed that I would purchase a diamond over the internet. I started this process at the B&M mall stores and was appalled to learn that the average knowledge level was less then what I knew after an hour or two online. From there I saw half a dozen independent jewellers who certainly had more knowledge and a higher quality product but also too high margins and a motive that didn’t match mine; finding the best diamond I could for the money I had budgeted. I actually had a locally respected jeweller tell me he had never heard of AGS when trying to dissuade me from trusting the internet. Obviously he was either lying, or so ignorant he should not be in the trade, either way any credibility he might have had evaporated the moment he said such. So I returned to the PC and began my quest to find what I was seeking on my own and online.

The point to this is that it was the certificate that allowed me the comfort to eventually buy online and not just any certificate but one I felt could trust. I quickly found that I was not even interested in looking at a diamond if it was not accompanied by a GIA or AGS cert (one I could see online as well), and I preferred only current AGS because of the added cut dimensions and percentages over older certs that lacked such information.

With our world evolving into a single market place under e-commerce and countries like China and India only just waking to join in the expansion, consumers need a means of assurance that is as close to possible to being beyond reproach and I can guarantee you we are willing to pay for it. We all know a diamond is only worth what you and I are willing to pay for it, and we are only willing to pay what we perceive as value. A quality certificate allows the average person to comfortably perceive value to something he can not otherwise see. So I applaud labs such as AGS for setting higher standards and I hope the free market will continue to reward such measures by applying a premium to such and by its absence thereby punishing inferior standards.

Brighter Sun I am continually amazed at how many wonderful analysts reports we get here on Pricescope from people like you.
You have summed up the current state of play, and you will likely have found or will find a great diamond by unravelling the system to your benefit.

The article is however intended to work on the business principle of "if it ain''t broken, then break it".
When systems evolve, they often need to have a serious review to see how they can be improved by ''quantum leaps'' rather than small improvements.
AGS new cut grades would be a small contining improvement, as would new cuts being able to be graded at say 1 or 2 a year.

But as things are, many manufacturers get each stone graded by more than one laboratory with its lowest cost service (Dossier report – Half certificate). Which ever lab is offering better (or worse depending on your position) certificate, they ask that lab to issue full certificate. So their actual cost of getting certificate is much higher and the time the stone is unavailable for sale is far greater.
So $127 per carat might be a low estimate as this is just the cost I believe for using Rapaports GIA take in window service from various cutting centers.

So, lets consider how things might be in a utopia?
Lets see what leaps we can dream up?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Its Saterday morning in Melbourne . I am not at the office now but am going in a bit later.

I will pull some grading stats of say the last 500 stones we purchased from the type of factory Gary mentioned and submitted to an Independent Lab .

These are factories we suggest supply above average factory grading.

Johan

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 5:27:00 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Date: 12/2/2005 4:57:22 PM

I wouldnt acept a factory report for the same reason I wouldnt drop 10k on an uncerted diamond.

too much like the fox guarding the hen house... no thanks

Besides the trade would just pocket the money anyway,so we consumers would still be paying the same or more and getting less.

No thanks.

You are not getting it yet Storm.

I get it just dont like it, it leaves consumers too exposed.
Are we supposed to trust folks that would bribe GIA graders?
no im not saying that it was the group your talking about was involved in that that I know of but you can bet that the groups that did would love to self grade with no chance of getting in trouble for bad grading.
It would make igi certs seem accurate.

This is not a proposal for now - no one is suggesting this happen immediately.

im suggesting it happen never.

What Wink says is true - I recently sold a pair of 2ct each earrings without a grading report to a good client who has several large stones from me with GIA paper. The diamonds spoke for themselves and she has no reason not to trust me, and I would never risk loosing her business or very valauble referrals.

kewl for you Id never do that from you or anyone else nor recomend anyone else do it
The same with my supplier.

Now let me ask you - would you Storm - accept Tiffany''s color and clarity grading?

no way

With regards the prices being the same anyway - well that is not true according to Adam Smith''s cometitve market theories.

Ha if it caused prices to slip in the least DeBeers would grab the cash with a price increase so they are going to pocket it

Sounds like the cutters are jealous of the labs making money on the sale and want that cut too.
It will backfire cuz DeBeers and friends will snag that too.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Storm this is a hyperthetical. Come along for the ride.

Some of the brand name clients of these diamond cutters are better recognized than the leading diamond grading labs - not maybe by you, but by 90% of the population.

Many people want to buy a diamond from one of these companies and they do not care that it costs more. So try to think outside your box.

This is not about people passing off a G as an F color to rip an extra 10% out of the deal. What we are seeing is that there is a movement afoot to provide manufacturers grades that are very strict. The manufacturers are doing this because they can sell their diamonds with less marketing cost because they do not pay for smart smooth sales reps and expensive booths at trade fairs. They save money and they save their clients money because the buyer does not need to employ an expert buyer team to travel the world at great expense.
The saving of the third party cert is icing on the cake.

Smart clients would simply send 1 in XX stones for 3rd party grading, or employ an independant consultant to do random audits.
The manufacturer wants to keep this business so he sends SI1+ to VS- to the client who demands all his goods are SI.

The issue is not "will storm buy cheaper" - it is about how this evolving market structure will effect the market. e.g. guess where the 2.5ct diamonds went (get it? Think outside the box)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno Garry not to rain on your party but this sounds like a ride with a drunk pilot and there is no way in heck thats happening.

I dont see it as being in consumers best interest at all.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/2/2005 2:33:23 PM

In answer to comments about polishing costs - $17 per carat of finished stone is the going rate in Israel:

IDI Offering Diamond Polishing At $17 per Carat
Garry,

What do you get for your seventeen bucks?

The cutting process is divided between several different craftsmen and apparently several different companies but I''m really surprised at how inexpensive this is. I presume that all of the facets are in place prior to this but I would love to hear a synopsis of the manufacuring process as it flows through a modern facility like the folks you''re describing. I''m sure it''s wildly different from when I learned it 20 years ago.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 9:46:54 AM
Author: denverappraiser

In answer to comments about polishing costs - $17 per carat of finished stone is the going rate in Israel:

Garry,

The cutting process is divided between several different craftsmen and apparently several different companies but I''m really surprised at how inexpensive this is. I presume that all of the facets are in place prior to this but I would love to hear a synopsis of the manufacuring process as it flows through a modern facility like the folks you''re describing. I''m sure it''s wildly different from when I learned it 20 years ago.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

$ 17.00????????

I would assume this is for machine driven cutting in an Octobpus type environment? Is this true.

Cutters here get SIGINIFICANTLY more to cut a stone, with far higher prices for cutting to the AGS 0 standards.

How much time do they spend for the $ 17.00 ?

Rockdoc

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2005 6:10:07 AM

Some of the brand name clients of these diamond cutters are better recognized than the leading diamond grading labs -

The manufacturer wants to keep this business so he sends SI1+ to VS- to the client who demands all his goods are SI.

This is a different layer than the rest of the thread - about intermediary processing and transactions not retail.

What do grading reports and their cost have to do with the transactions between a diamond manufacturer and a retailer... especially if the retailer does not even use lab reports.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 9:46:54 AM

Garry,

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Most of the diamonds (including AGS0 and H&A ''superideals'') are cut in India and then sold through Antwerp or New York.

from Garry''s Diamond Adventures in India

image059.jpg
image060.jpg

image061.jpg
image062.jpg

image063.jpg
image064.jpg

image065.jpg
image066.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perhaps I should clarify my question.

I realize that most of the work is done in India and China. I was curious about the various steps and how they divide it up between the craftsmen involved. One does the design, one the sawing, another does the brunting, another does the shaping, etc. I ask this because I was surprised to hear that polishing is being offered as a separate service by an outside company. I was under the impression that it was done by one or two workers connected to each stone and they would be associated with all of the steps throughout the entire process. This seems to have changed. Now individual workers, and even companies, are very specialized in what services they perform. The original quote was $127/ct. for manufacturing services (fob India). $17 of that goes to polishing. Who gets the remainder and what are the steps are involved?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2005 7:32:53 AM
I dunno Garry not to rain on your party but this sounds like a ride with a drunk pilot and there is no way in heck thats happening.

I dont see it as being in consumers best interest at all.
It may be, it may not be.
Take the black hat off for a few days Storm.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2005 10:53:59 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/3/2005 6:10:07 AM

Some of the brand name clients of these diamond cutters are better recognized than the leading diamond grading labs -

This is a different layer than the rest of the thread - about intermediary processing and transactions not retail.

What do grading reports and their cost have to do with the transactions between a diamond manufacturer and a retailer... especially if the retailer does not even use lab reports.
Exactly Ana, exactly.
Like Wink, we cleaar out our reort folders every 6 months or so. We end up with a dozen or two reports and we try to work out who the customers are and mail them out.
These reports added no value but they did add some cost. They may have added some value to the buying process - they may have been stones I bought from suppliers who send me DiamCalc files - but they are from suppliers who I do not trust - I need GIA''s grading because they are not strict enough.

Meanwhile I am competing with another outfit who has a lower cost supply chain from cutter to retailer. they have no grading reports because the company has a trusted brand name and their clients rarely ask for nor expect a grading report.

The idea here is that very strong trust has the capacity to educe costs very considerably.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2005 1:51:39 PM

The idea here is that very strong trust has the capacity to educe costs very considerably.

What else is new
2.gif

... your sentence above reads here that whatever tool is used to enforce trust is valuable, hard as it is to extract that value as anything but forgone opportunity cost.

I was just a bit confused about who your article addresses. The presence of diamond manufacturers is anything but obvious on this side of Pricescope.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2005 1:19:35 PM
Perhaps I should clarify my question.

I realize that most of the work is done in India and China. I was curious about the various steps and how they divide it up between the craftsmen involved. One does the design, one the sawing, another does the brunting, another does the shaping, etc. I ask this because I was surprised to hear that polishing is being offered as a separate service by an outside company. I was under the impression that it was done by one or two workers connected to each stone and they would be associated with all of the steps throughout the entire process. This seems to have changed. Now individual workers, and even companies, are very specialized in what services they perform. The original quote was $127/ct. for manufacturing services (fob India). $17 of that goes to polishing. Who gets the remainder and what are the steps are involved?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Thanks Leonid.
Neil the $127 is for the cost of sending a stone with rap from a take in window for GIA grading. $34 was the cost for high end manufacturing in India (for the rough - not the polished I think - cant remeber).

The $17 figure for polished is ex Israel - and maybe they send the stones out of the country? Maybe they do at home?
But everywhere in the world this is now a manufacturing process - it is why the cost is so low - there is real specialized skill and efficiency.

So maybe it is time for what Dave Atlas is talking about - make the grading more efficient?
Or maybe the trust based no need for reports?
Or we wait for Storm to make some postive suggestions for a new and even better model?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2005 2:14:05 PM

... it is why the cost is so low - there is real specialized skill and efficiency.

So maybe it is time for what Dave Atlas is talking about - make the grading more efficient?

Or maybe the trust based no need for reports?

Am I wrong saying that the grading is most important to the end buyer of these diamonds? Everyone else on the trail can check grades themselves - so trust relationships can work well based on knowledge and the availability of spot checking as you wrote elsewhere on this thread. IMO, this sort of trust based trading is totally dependent on the fact that the buyers involved are informed (i.e. dynamic ''learning'' effects on a ''lemons market'' in my book).

The cost of certification could not have been so out of pace with the cost of manufacturing if this wasn''t a product geared to private buyers after all. It seems that the cost of this service gets sunk down the supply chain because although buyers are the ones motivating the existence of these certs, they are paid for by sellers (weird - good for labs, bad for everyone else) and someone else could ''save'' or gain it. Labs are not the ones who can do it at the least cost either. Quite on the contrary.

Insofar, I don''t like the conclusion of this (which would be - make the end user pay for the lab report) because it does not sound feasible.

34.gif
... I know I like ''what if'' questions too much. Yours was particularly tempting.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2005 2:33:21 PM

Insofar, I don''t like the conclusion of this (which would be - make the end user pay for the lab report) because it does not sound feasible.

34.gif
... I know I like ''what if'' questions too much. Yours was particularly tempting.

I must go read the original article and make an informed reply, but trust me dear lady, consumers are indeed paying for the reports as the costs are passed on to the retailer and hence to you, it is just not added on as an afterthought like it would be if there were no report and you requested one.

I know what I used to do many years ago was to charge you for the report if it came in the same or better than I represented the stone and I paid for it if the grade was lower than I represented it. (I don''t remember ever paying for one, nor were any of my happy clients ever willing to pay more when the stone came out better than promised, which of course only seemed fair to me, not to them...LOL)

I quit buying non certed stones for the most part in anything larger than a half carat many years ago. I simply was spending too much money and too much effort trying to convince my dealers that I was not stupid just because I lived in Idaho. While the manufactiurers that Gary is talking about may know how to grade, the wholesalers that represent them obviously do not. I found it nearly impossible to buy in this country a 1 ct G-VS1 without a good report that was actually a G-VS1. Lots of H-VS2''s, some I-VS2''s and a few J-SI2''s came in when I requested G-VS2''s. EVEN IF I TOLD THE SELLER THE STONE WOULD BE SENT TO GIA FOR CONFIRMATION. There is simply too much money to be made by misrepresenting the stone.

I was recently working on a 5ct stone and Paul Antwerp''s partner called to inform me of an HRD certed G-VS stone but told me that she felt the diamond would grade an H at GIA. The stone was available at 20% back of Rap for a G, but only about 3% back of an H and the difference in dollars was right at $20,000. There is NO WAY that stone gets sent to GIA for an H when it will cost the vendor $20k to get the stone graded correctly. (Kudos by the way to Paul and his lovely partner for their above board honesty and straight forward approach to business, there are a LOT of great people in this business and they are two of them!)

Gary, I know that when I am selling here I rarely need a cert, but since it is nearly impossible to buy a stone by request from the wholesalers here and get what you are asking for without a cert I ALWAYS specify that I want AGS or GIA paper for larger stones, and I will take PGS paper for my smaller goods because it is cheaper and I trust the paper having had many stones verified at my expense. When I am selling on the internet I need a paper, period! No paper, no sell. Consumers demand one, and I blame them not! Too many in the trade do not know how to properly grade a stone, blindly accepting what ever they are told by their vendors. My own experience clearly states that vendors are NOT to be relied upon to give me accurate grading, even when I inform them that I am competent at grading stones on my own.

One of the reasons that I love to travel to Belgium is that I can high grade parcels and find the deals, usually undergraded in color since the light there tends to make the stones look more yellow and I almost always get a higher color grade when I have the stones papered here. Sadly, this is getting harder to do as more and more of the vendors are themselves figuring these things out, and the lab services available there now can give them very good ideas of what a proper paper will say when it gets to GIA or AGS. Gladly though, when one has formed relationships with the vendors there, one can have goods shipped directly to the states without the cost of travel, so the lesser cost just about makes up for the occassional deals that one misses. It does not however, make up for the excitement and fun of the travel!

So, long story short. Storm is correct in demanding a good paper when buying on the net. I do not care who the manufacturer is, without paper by a trusted lab the internet public will NOT in significant numbers buy it, no matter how much they trust the vendor they are working with. The internet is very much a TRUST BUT VERIFY type of market and I anticipate that this will not change in the near future.

Wink

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2005 4:43:18 PM
Author: Wink

... nor were any of my happy clients ever willing to pay more when the stone came out better than promised, which of course only seemed fair to me, not to them...LOL

Yey! Laughing out loud
23.gif
second that...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Speaking of LOL! I am reading the article that Paul suggested by Richard Hughes. WOW can he write!

Here is an excerp, totally without permission, but I believe that Richard will forgive me if you call him and ask... (Hey, at least it is done with full attribution!)

This may seem too much to take for the milk-and-biscuits crowd down at Merle’s Diner and Cufflinks. Why the very idea that those gemolololol.......gem docs......don’t know their Ds from their Es has sort of a heretical ring to it. So I’d best give a bit of background. In September of 1981, The Goldsmith, an American trade magazine, published an article entitled “Diamond certificates on trial: The Goldsmith tests three major US gem labs” (Federman and Farrell, 1981). In it they tell how they tested the accuracy of 145 diamond grading reports issued by three major US gem labs: Gemological Institute of America (GIA), European Gemological Laboratories (EGL), and International Gemological Institute (IGI, New York). Reports on 145 diamonds and the corresponding stones were obtained from one of these three labs. The stones were then graded by a hand-picked team of four gemologists, three of whom had worked for one of the tested labs. Their findings? Problems were found in 92 out of 145 reports. A whopping 37 percent were stones of which either or both the color and clarity grade was at least one full grade higher than that given by The Goldsmith’s graders. None of the labs tested escaped unscathed.

Each of the above labs was then invited to comment at the end of the article. Both the EGL and the IGI were repentant, admitting that there was a problem. Bert Krashes of the GIA, however, refused to admit the possibility of error on the part of GIA, stating that he felt that The Goldsmith was unqualified to be judging laboratories. Harumph, harumph!

That''s a little frightening, but oh so true, there are many times when one sends a diamond and gets a report much different than one thinks it should get. Usually a resubmitt and a discussion can correct the mistake, but I am guessing not many call when the grade is higher than expected!

Wink

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Am I wrong saying that the grading is most important to the end buyer of these diamonds? if the end consumer places more trust in the vendor than the lab, then this is a moot point- imagine the vendor is Harry Winston or some other company who goes out of their way to say -you can trust us because we are more strict than any lab etc.
I would trust most of my vendors over say EGL Israel, and some of my suppliers over GIA or HRD.
Everyone else on the trail can check grades themselves - so trust relationships can work well based on knowledge and the availability of spot checking as you wrote elsewhere on this thread. IMO, this sort of trust based trading is totally dependent on the fact that the buyers involved are informed (i.e. dynamic ''learning'' effects on a ''lemons market'' in my book).

The cost of certification could not have been so out of pace with the cost of manufacturing if this wasn''t a product geared to private buyers after all. It seems that the cost of this service gets sunk down the supply chain because although buyers are the ones motivating the existence of these certs, they are paid for by sellers (weird - good for labs, bad for everyone else) and someone else could ''save'' or gain it. Labs are not the ones who can do it at the least cost either. Quite on the contrary.

Actually it is not that silly because then the end user can say - this is important to me - and you get customized service - the end user pays the end user has more control than a lab who has its supplier as its client.

And the lab repot is not costed into the price of the stone and marked up along the way - which is exactly what happens now.

And

34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Wink.
You expressed exackly what I was thinking and talking about.
Far better than I did :}
36.gif
36.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2005 6:41:13 PM
Thank you Wink.
36.gif
36.gif
So you cant trust labs Storm?
You cant trust vendors
you cant trust brand name companies

Verify yourself = DIY?
Every consumer should do a diamond grading course?

Or do we simply only trust appraisers we nknow personally?
I have no problem with that - and the vendors who work with and know the calibre of the appraisers - well there is no point shipping a H SI when the client wants a G VS

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Open ISO standards of grading are necessary for decreasing price of grading. GIA had blocked this process several years ago.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2005 6:29:29 PM

Am I wrong saying that the grading is most important to the end buyer of these diamonds?

if the end consumer places more trust in the vendor than the lab, then this is a moot point- imagine the vendor is Harry Winston or some other company who goes out of their way to say -you can trust us because we are more strict than any lab etc.

Well, if so... but what if not so: it is not just HW that sells on their word, Ritani(s) do too. So... the grading just became part of the branding for this named jewelry. Good for them. Are you saying that most diamond sellers could do the same switching at a smaller cost than certification?

On the other hand the quarter carats sold with GIA paper on the net invite some form of change.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 1:49:48 AM
Date: 12/3/2005 6:41:13 PM

Thank you Wink.

36.gif
36.gif
So you cant trust labs Storm?

You cant trust vendors

you cant trust brand name companies

Verify yourself = DIY?

Every consumer should do a diamond grading course?

Or do we simply only trust appraisers we nknow personally?

I have no problem with that - and the vendors who work with and know the calibre of the appraisers - well there is no point shipping a H SI when the client wants a G VS

If everyone was buying from Wink, Jon, WF, Gary or you and everyone was getting the diamonds checked by Richard S, Dave A, Neil, Marty or rockdoc then maybe it would be that Id have a different opinion.
That is not going to happen for everyone so a strict lab is needed enter AGS, its worth every penny.
At this point GIA reports are only accepted by me from trusted vendors who verify them.

At this point all I could do myself is verify the stone matches the cert. I dont have a master diamond set nor the training to do color grading. Matching the cert by inclusions I can do.
If the cert is off then garbage in garbage out.

The thing is there are a whole lot of scam artists in the business add in clueless box stores buying in bulk and drop shippers and most people are not going to buy from that level of vendor nor use a top appraiser.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a interesting point.

Why do both GIA and AGS put on their reports that before purchasing the diamond that a credentialed gemolgist review the report ?

Be interesting to hear the responses to this, when the two leading major grading labs distinctly make this statement.

What''s the message here, if you "read between the lines" ?

Rockdoc

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2005 12:30:54 PM
Author: RockDoc

Here's a interesting point.

Why do both GIA and AGS put on their reports that before purchasing the diamond that a credentialed gemologist review the report ?

Be interesting to hear the responses to this, when the two leading major grading labs distinctly make this statement.

What's the message here, if you 'read between the lines' ?

Rockdoc

That catching awry grading is allot less litigious before a purchase becomes final?

Also, faults caught by buyers without expected immediate resolution may get somewhere on record and amass fast enough to create evidence of actual grading accuracy. And that ought to be deadly.

There must be even more between those lines.
38.gif

Following Serg's post... I don't think grading would be such good business if it was technically reliable.

How many more ways are there to sell diamonds you do not own to somebody else's clients?
11.gif

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
re:has HRD completed this standard for clarity grading?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results