shape
carat
color
clarity

A really bad one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bacon

Rough_Rock
What is the worst diamond you have ever seen?I once set a diamond that had a cavity on the girdle. The cavity extended three quarters of the way around the diamond. yup, there was onlt a 25 % pie slice shaped piece of diamond holding the crown and pavilion together.I was surprised when it survived the setting process.JoeB

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this guy from Texas calls me and said , that he bought a diamond from the mall a couple of years back and said it was so deep that the 1.00 carat marquise looked like a .50!!!!!!! He said this time , I want some thing a spready as you can get, all on top! The cutter was happy to unload the one I found him, this marquise cut diamond was so spready (how spready?) Man this sucker looked like a flat piece of tile, I was scared to death to set it and it had no , and I mean no flash to it what so ever. But the 1.00 carat , looked like a 1.80 carat!
He called me back and loved it!!!!!! So, I guess there is a diamond for everybody. Remember , a diamond is forever and so is ugly
smile.gif
Nuff said
The Iceman
"The Peoples Champion"

Diamond Lover

Rough_Rock
The worst diamond I have ever seen is the one I got on 47th Street.
wink.gif
It might have something to do with the open "pit" on the crown extending into the table! Funny, I didn't see it mapped on the certificate. LOLDiamond Lover

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Ice!I love that saying (I think I've told you that before, huh?)!
smile.gif
lawmax

basnjas

Rough_Rock
Frozen spit only lasts until it warms up. A diamond is forever. Perhaps we should warn people not to look at cheap diamonds if the ambiant tempature in the store is under 32 degrees! Of course, it sounds like some real diamonds don't look much better!
smile.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The worst Diamond I saw actually sold was the American Express Diamond...It had already open serious cleavages... and represented as:"Rest Assured you're receiving the FINEST there is, cut to perfection".....
hmmmm
rockdoc

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My worst diamond? All the ones I haven't sold
smile.gif
------------------

bacon

Rough_Rock
I remember reading about you in the trads back then.I wish ya coulda kicked a little more b***JoeB

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Joe, never seen one that bad. I think I'm glad I haven't!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results