shape
carat
color
clarity

A real novice needs reassurance....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carriebear1966

Rough_Rock
I just bought an old engagement ring through an estate auction....it was a spur of the moment decision and now I'm thinking twice about it. Anyway, it is a platinum ring with a 35 pt. diamond and 4-2 pt. diamonds on the band. The diamonds are rated vs1-F and are all old european cut stones. I paid $300 and only wish to know if this was a good or bad decision on my part. I know that I'm not dealing with a large amount of money here, but would like to think I did okay with this purchase. Thanks for your help!

Carrie

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
$300 is not a lot is it? And it seems like a pretty good price.

I have been in shops today where $300 would not buy one shoe or a belt for a dress.

Do you like the ring?

If not re auction it on the new auction board here on pricescope.

Carriebear1966

Rough_Rock
Where do you shop? I take it you are not a Walmart shopper? LOL I was just looking for an opinion from someone more educated on this topic than myself....I know absolutely nothing about diamonds, antiques, cuts, etc. I don't like to be taken in anything that I do....and this is no exception. I would just like to know if I got taken, broke even, or got a steal. And yes, I do like the ring...it is a real beauty!

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Hi Carrie :))

I'm sure the ring is beautiful and you got a good deal! A platinum ring alone would cost that much; even more. Glad you like it.

Carriebear1966

Rough_Rock
I just thought I'd stop back and let you know that I finally had the ring appraised and was pleasantly pleased to find out that the stone is more than .33, probably nearer to .50. It was ultimately appraised for $2,500. I know this is not a number written in stone, but it still feels good to hear! Thanks for your past comments!

Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results