shape
carat
color
clarity

a question for the Jade lovers

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As i while away the time stuck at home i think up upcoming jewlery projects

One of the first places i plan to splurge on when in working again is pearl paradise
Ive seen this necklas i want to replicate featuring jade

Now my experience of jade is pretty dismal
We see lots of cheap imported jade here sold to the uniformed tourist and most of it looks like plastic

I would like to pick your brains about where to buy 3 jade beads

I don't think i want to go down our local greenstone / pounamu route because i see it being too exspensive to get 3 beads custom made and I rather like the more glowy look

I don't know if i want jadeite or nephrite ?
To me honest i have no idea what it would cost to have a greenstone bead made in NZ anywat but this is $100 and i don't like - i don't know the words to describe why ? .... but its the impure looking colour

On line i see lots of really cheap jade braclets and necklases - now i don't want to spend $100 per bead but i don't want horrible cheap ones either

This is the necklase i saw that inspired me
Obviously i would have to buy the pearls first to know what size jade beads to get)

I don't want to use spacers, I'm hoping to knot the jade beads like the pearls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-111332.png
    Screenshot_20201129-111332.png
    696.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20201121-215729.png
    Screenshot_20201121-215729.png
    564.1 KB · Views: 23

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
I think of you go with nephrite, you'd be able to get a really nice vibrant green without spending >100 a bead, but it's not as translucent or watery as jadeite. There's an Etsy shop called Jade Diver, they work mostly in nephrite, and his beads and small pieces like earrings are gorgeous. He does custom work, too, so one could maybe purchase just a few beads vs dismantling a bracelet or something.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think of you go with nephrite, you'd be able to get a really nice vibrant green without spending >100 a bead, but it's not as translucent or watery as jadeite. There's an Etsy shop called Jade Diver, they work mostly in nephrite, and his beads and small pieces like earrings are gorgeous. He does custom work, too, so one could maybe purchase just a few beads vs dismantling a bracelet or something.

thanl you @MissSarah .
this is exactly what i need to know

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Allaboutjade may have loose nephrite beads that are not listed. I’ve seen her pick out beads from a big box of various loose items. No harm asking to compare prices

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you @MissSarah and @icy_jade
i now have a better idea of what i want
its only 3 beads - im going to up the budget - ive brought much more exspensive bead 'charms' from the mall jewler
i think i would like that very intense apple colour and definatly no treatment and that almost translucent thing going on with few inclusions

I liked the idea of jade diver going out and free diving for jade but i preferred the colour of his British Columbian pieces

Now i must google the NZ Singapore exchange rate
all about jade has lovelly pieces and i like the sound of this box of beads

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think i have to mindful i want the jade to be a similar quality to the pearls im yet to buy
and i don't want to price the pearls out of my reach

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you like British Columbia Nephrite, I recommend The Jade Mine - https://www.jademine.com/ - and they also have an etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJadeMine - I have bought from them several times over the years, items as described (or better) and solid customer service/return policy. I don't see loose beads listed on the site but think it likely they could accommodate you.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
if you like British Columbia Nephrite, I recommend The Jade Mine - https://www.jademine.com/ - and they also have an etsy store - https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJadeMine - I have bought from them several times over the years, items as described (or better) and solid customer service/return policy. I don't see loose beads listed on the site but think it likely they could accommodate you.

I second this - great luck with nephrite from The Jade Mine.
A bright green untreated jadeite may be more expensive than emeralds. Less expensive jadeite is likely polymer treated. It will not last like solid nephrite.

Do you have a loupe troop contact? I would like to reach out in an email.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second this - great luck with nephrite from The Jade Mine.
A bright green untreated jadeite may be more expensive than emeralds. Less expensive jadeite is likely polymer treated. It will not last like solid nephrite.

Do you have a loupe troop contact? I would like to reach out in an email.

yes
lots to consider
i think i am just Daisy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey babe how big you so need the beads to be? And how green?

I can just take out three beads from my necklace and send them to you!

that's very generouse of you dear neighbour
im not quite ready yet
that would be awsome - but i would feel bad shortening your necklase

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's very generouse of you dear neighbour
im not quite ready yet
that would be awsome - but i would feel bad shortening your necklase

It's a really long necklace!!! I can spare more than three beads so three beads is nothing.

Let me know if you want pictures etc. They are 7mm beads.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a really long necklace!!! I can spare more than three beads so three beads is nothing.

Let me know if you want pictures etc. They are 7mm beads.

that would be lovelly and is about the size of pearls im looking at
i would have to find you the most awsome tea cup :kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that would be lovelly and is about the size of pearls im looking at
i would have to find you the most awsome tea cup :kiss2:

I went out most of today and just got back but I'll take pictures for you tomorrow. Then whenever you want them we can arrange for contact off forum etc

The necklace really is too long and looks awkward honestly. I just never bothered to remove the beads and shorten it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went out most of today and just got back but I'll take pictures for you tomorrow. Then whenever you want them we can arrange for contact off forum etc

The necklace really is too long and looks awkward honestly. I just never bothered to remove the beads and shorten it.

i would let you choose which 3
i have no knowledge at all in Jade and you most certainly do
i am the proverbial sentimental old fool and the fact they came from you would mean much more than anything

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey munchkin here are the beads. Not quite the apple green you wanted.

They have a green string under though so I suspect they are more blue if I remove them from the string.

PXL_20201202_230937131.jpg

PXL_20201202_230928418.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey munchkin here are the beads. Not quite the apple green you wanted.

They have a green string under though so I suspect they are more blue if I remove it from the string.

PXL_20201202_230937131.jpg

PXL_20201202_230928418.jpg

they will be perfect :kiss2:
just keep them safe and happy with their freinds and as soon as im working we'll work something out in the tea cup dept and i can get my pearls =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they will be perfect :kiss2:
just keep them safe and happy with their freinds and as soon as im working we'll work something out in the tea cup dept and i can get my pearls =)2

Noooo don't worry about cups. They will never make it here!

Happy to help wherever I can. This is such a trivial thing!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noooo don't worry about cups. They will never make it here!

Happy to help wherever I can. This is such a trivial thing!!!

well one day I'll see the perfect thing for you and im an expert packer ;)2 (if i have to deliver the thank you in person)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results