shape
carat
color
clarity

A question for GHD owners?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
In the other flat iron thread, several people (including me) recommended GHD.

So I''m lying in bed this moring thinking about it and wondering where do the other GHD owners live? I bought mine in the UK, brought them back to Canada, got them a transformer and hey presto.

A couple of weeks ago, at the hairdressers, I saw them advertised in a US magazine. Does that mean they are available on the is side of the pond now.

I''ve just checked the GHD website and no indication that they are anything but UK based.

So my question is, does anyone have a pair of N american GHD''s with a two pinned plug?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter bought her GHD at Sephora several months ago. We are in Canada, near Toronto. She loves her GHD. She had a CHI first, but likes the new one much better.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:38:20 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Hi Gailey

Here are a couple of N.A. online distributors:

http://www.folica.com/GHD_Hair_Straig_d1936.html

http://www.fabove.ca/ghd.html?gclid=CLfVjMeG6ZkCFRAhDQodGWWHQw

ETA: I didn''t dig any deeper than the links above to see what the power connection was...

LS
LS, you are just the best. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sephora in the US sells them as well - that''s where I got mine, because they have a really good return policy, so I felt confident in case I didn''t like it. Turns out, I ADORE it, can''t imagine ever giving it back
9.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine at a salon in Anchorage, Alaska.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have not been able to bring myself to buy GHD following the issues brought to light by Watchdog; I looked for the report on their site but it was listed far too long ago - 2003 I think.

My recollection is that they had a propensity to catch fire when plugged in but turned off. Also the cord tended to cause fire when the cord was habitually wrapped around the unit as a means of storage when not in use. The latter as you know weakens the connection and can cause fire.

The issue with the former was that lots of girls kept the units plugged in but switched off when not in use and a number of serious fires occurred.

A number of consumers also reported seeing sparks from the unit when in use.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 2:19:04 PM
Author: Steel

I have not been able to bring myself to buy GHD following the issues brought to light by Watchdog; I looked for the report on their site but it was listed far too long ago - 2003 I think.

My recollection is that they had a propensity to catch fire when plugged in but turned off. Also the cord tended to cause fire when the cord was habitually wrapped around the unit as a means of storage when not in use. The latter as you know weakens the connection and can cause fire.

The issue with the former was that lots of girls kept the units plugged in but switched off when not in use and a number of serious fires occurred.

Yikes!! Thats not good. I have had mine since 2003 but I am always careful to unplug them when not in use and never leave them unattended whilst switched on. They still work as well as ever but maybe its time to get some new ones...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:43:47 AM
Author: Gailey
LS, you are just the best. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
HiYa Gailey!
35.gif

LS

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I used to live in Australia for a few years, and when I moved back to Canada you couldnt buy GHD here (this was just a few years ago). I couldnt live without it - so I had to buy a special transformer so I could use it here.

Today I went to Sephora and finally bought myself a brand new GHD - with the north american plug.

So the answer to your question you can buy them at Sephora.. .they even ship!

YAY!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:14:05 PM
Author: labellavita81
I used to live in Australia for a few years, and when I moved back to Canada you couldnt buy GHD here (this was just a few years ago). I couldnt live without it - so I had to buy a special transformer so I could use it here.

Today I went to Sephora and finally bought myself a brand new GHD - with the north american plug.

So the answer to your question you can buy them at Sephora.. .they even ship!

YAY!

Glad you found one
1.gif
I really hope you love your new GHD!!
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine at Sephora also.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
They''re everywhere in Aust..
personally I don''t really have a desire for any
40.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 2:19:04 PM
Author: Steel

Wow I''d never heard that. I always keep mine unplugged when they''re not in use but still, that''s scary to read. Not sure if I could live without my GHD though-I
30.gif
it.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I have several models of GHD (bought here in Australia) and I''ve used them in North America and Europe. They''re dual voltage, so I''ve only ever needed a plug adaptor.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
No self respecting decent hairdresser uses anything but GHD in australia!
emteeth.gif

tboz

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:44:56 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
emteeth.gif

Hawaiian, this used to be true. However in the last couple of years leading hairdressers (such as Lee Preston in Perth) have been using the bi ionic i-smooth straightener. They are actually the same price as a GHD but are far gentler on the hair. Now, personally I think that all straighteners are damaging to the hair, no matter what anyone says, but I must say that after having them use it on my hair it felt amazing...so soft and silky!!!

Pity I just bought a new GHD late last year
39.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:44:56 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
emteeth.gif

Ditto :), GHD rocks I have been using mine for years now almost daily and I have fantastic healthy hair if I say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results