shape
carat
color
clarity

a question about an inclusion/ opinon on an IS image

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone. I was wondering what in the heck this inclusion is at 4 oclock (on the loupe image on the JA website, not the IS one), intersecting the girdle. Is it a surface reaching feather? I am awaiting a response about it from JA but wanted other opinions. I was told that the gemologist said this stone contained no inclusions that posed a durability risk, but can't surface reaching feathers pose one? It's id number is 1370607 ( to see the loupe image). You can see it on the IS image at six oclock. Thanks for your opinions.

1370607id.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
IS image looks good. As far as the inclusion...I would ask JA gemologist, since they have the stone in hand and can advise.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
According to the GIA report is looks to be a needle. I'm no help beyond that. sorry!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't say about inclusions from a picture...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would guess feather, it looks just like my feathers... ask JA A) to confirm what it is, B) whether it's a durability risk (shouldn't be, it's a reputably graded SI1), and C) if they can stick it under a prong so you can forget all about it.

A near-girdle inclusion is the best sort IMO, even if visible, as long as it isn't a setting/wearing durability hazard, because once it's under or even partially under a prong it becomes a non-issue wrt visibility IRL!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. They said that it was a cloud on top of a feather, and that although it looks like it reaches the edge on the IS AND loupe, it doesn't... They also said it does not pose any durability risk and they most likely can set it under a prong but the setting department would check again for durability issues first. Thanks for everyone's advice!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kalrik|1306051440|2927649 said:
Thanks. They said that it was a cloud on top of a feather, and that although it looks like it reaches the edge on the IS AND loupe, it doesn't... They also said it does not pose any durability risk and they most likely can set it under a prong but the setting department would check again for durability issues first. Thanks for everyone's advice!

Well then that all sounds really great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results