shape
carat
color
clarity

A pretty good Thursday night......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock

I am so happy and excited and proud and thrilled and overjoyed (and all that good stuff...) to report to my PS folks that I''m officially a fiancee!!!

30.gif

Sneaky, sneaky boy told me on Wednesday that he''d gone down to the jewelry shop to order the setting, and they told him it would take about 10-14 days to come in. He actually gave me that specific timeline... which struck me as odd at the time, because I thought maybe he''d tell me like 6 weeks or something so he could surprise me, but whatever... 10-14 days sounded good to me!

So last night he asked if I wanted to have a picnic in the park for dinner (we''re both obsessed with the park outside my building... Rittenhouse Square for anyone who knows Philly), which wasn''t out of the ordinary... we went and got some pizza (Hawaiian... my fave) and brought wine... although it had been raining earlier that day, so I was concerned about the ground being wet and tried to get him to just bring it inside... to no avail. Well, no sooner had we finished eating than it started to drizzle... he looked genuinely upset which I thought was funny, as I live approximately 50 yards from where we were sitting and it REALLY wouldn''t have been a problem to just pack up and head in. But instead, he insisted we pull the blanket under a tree where "look! it''s not as bad here!"

At that point, it started to outright rain... hitting my cup of wine so hard that little red droplets were splashing all over my nice white jacket. Complaining, I leaned over to clean it off... as he asked "won''t you miss this park when we leave the city?" "Oh yeah, I''ll especially miss this moment sitting here in the pouring rain," I laughed... and when I looked up........ there was the ring!!! And he asked, "do you want to remember this moment forever?" From that point on, I really didn''t notice the rain anymore......

31.gif
9.gif
30.gif

When we finally came inside, we were drenched... but quickly got ready to meet all our friends at a local bar (my best friend had arranged it) for the rest of the night. I called my family (and found out C had called my parents AND both my brothers earlier in the day to ask permission... so freaking cute). We also called C''s cousin and his wife, who are good friends of ours... and about 3 seconds after hanging up, got a phone call from his cousin''s wife''s mom, who is the sweetest, funniest woman ever and had been waiting for this day for quite some time!

So that''s our story... the 10-14 days was quite an elaborate cover, but the ring is gorgeous and a million times more amazing than I ever could have imagined. I woke up this morning staring at it in awe (and slightly hungover from last night...ugh). More pix to come when I get better with the camera, I hope!!!

6-8-06Ering1.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, specs:

1.51ct Oval
8.58x6.40x3.96
F color
SI1 clarity
1.34 L:W ratio
and as you can see, barely any bow-tie!
USACerted Diamonds - Martin Sheffield (owner) was possibly the nicest guy I've ever talked to in the "business" (maybe people are just nicer in Canada? I'm beginning to suspect that...) But he was just so sweet and genuine and had no problem shipping the stone down to Dave Atlas for us to view in person, at no cost to us... which worked out great.

Setting:

WG - I like the shiny new-ness of rhodium-plating as opposed to the platinum patina - I know, I know, I'm in the minority... plus he'd spent enough on the stone that I wanted to keep the setting cost down if possible, so that certainly helped!
Sidestones - RB, .30 tcw
Size - 5.25 (a little bit loose, but had to fit over my big knuckle!)

6-8-06Ering2.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Last one!

6-8-06Ering3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

So beautiful-----congrats!!! I LOVE ovals!!
30.gif
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That proposal story is soooooo cute and that ring is STUNNING!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I think that's probably my favorite oval ever!!!! And I loooove the proportions with your sidestones!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

ETA: WAAAAAIT A MINUTE - "last one"???? No no no!!! Keep posting!!!!!!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that''s awesome! Congrats, ephemery!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Your ring is gorgeous--it looks huge--gotta love ovals! I have a 1.5 RB and it doesn''t look as large as your oval does on your hand!!! Your man did a great job, I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
wow! i LOVE your ring!

and what a cute proposal story

i think i''m going to have to add looking at ovals to my list
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a romantic and funny proposal. Very sweet. Congrats on your engagement! The ring is to DIE for! Love how that oval looks next to those rounds - so gorgeous!!! Great stone, great setting...just WOW!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
your story is too sweet!

and your ring is amazing. there are far too few ovals out there and perhaps your beauty will be changing that!

enjoy the engagement!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Lovin'' that oval!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww!
30.gif
For some reason I just got a little teary. Congrats on your engagement and on your gorgeous gorgeous ring!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!

When I saw your ring, I actually said out loud, "God, that''s gorgeous!" I love ovals and that''s an AMAZING oval! and an AMAZING RING! It looks so huge and beautiful on your hand! More pictures pleaaaaaaassssseeeeee!!!!!!!

The proposal story is classic... I love the rain and the little red wine drops splashing on your jacket... those are the details that make for a good story. Very sweet!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:09:27 AM
Author: Blenheim
Awwwwwww!
30.gif
For some reason I just got a little teary. Congrats on your engagement and on your gorgeous gorgeous ring!
Haha... Blen saying that made ME get a little teary!!
9.gif

I''m kind of basking in that post-engagement glow today, and I keep replaying the proposal in my mind and just loving every minute (especially the red wine splotches, Sum!)... even my mom pointed out that I love the rain, so it was truly even more perfect that way! Here''s the pic we took of ourselves immediately after (the reason I carry my little camera with me at all times!)... don''t mind the scary close-up of us and my swollen crying eyes...
31.gif

I was very torn between an oval and cushion (especially after seeing Albi''s rock), but ultimately went with the oval... and I''m so happy that I did! It is also meaningful to me because both of our moms have oval e-rings, along with his cousin''s wife (our close friend)... so there''s something sort of sentimental and fun about joining that group of happy, role-model marriages.

Seriously, all of your comments mean so much... thank you thank you thank you... I can''t believe how lucky I was to find such a great community here!!!

PropPic1.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Love it, love it, love it! I think its my new PS favorite!
1.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Your ring makes me want an oval - long slender fingers...it looks perfect!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a cute proposal and a great ring...definitely one of my top five favs on PS.
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal!

Your ring is GORGEOUS! Love it.

35.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
"WHOA" actually came outta my mouth when I saw that rock! That is such an adorable proposal story! He sure was set on a picnic proposal ;-) You two are just adorable! Can''t wait for more pictures!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 2:56:28 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
''WHOA'' actually came outta my mouth when I saw that rock! That is such an adorable proposal story! He sure was set on a picnic proposal ;-) You two are just adorable! Can''t wait for more pictures!
Me too! Holy cow, your ring looks amazing! (and huge & graceful & sparkly...) What a sweet proposal story as well! Congrats on your engagement & on joining the oval sisterhood.
36.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
OMG! You both look so happy and glowy! Congratulations on getting engaged to a real sweetheart of a guy with a gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

5.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, congratulations!! The ring is SO beautiful and I just loved reading your proposal story -- very memorable!!

jen
36.gif
36.gif

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Your story was sooo sweet, and your ring is just completely gorgeous!
Good luck with the upcoming planning!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, you guys are too cute!! Love your ring, best wishes to you both!!! I live just outside Philly and the weather was a little crazy. Loved the proposal story. Enjoy this very specail time in your life!!!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your story is so sweet. You FI did good by throwing you off about when the ring was going to be ready. Your ring is beautiful! Enjoy this wonderful time!
1.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are too cute! Your ring looks huge, white, and so sparkly! Truly beautiful. I love ovals.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful, and huge on your hand! What a cute couple, too. Your fiance looks a little like Mark Ruffalo (actor) in that picture, has anyone ever told him that?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Cute, cute proposal! Funny story, I wanted to show Paul how cute you two were, and he was like, "why''s she wearing a veil already?" Silly boy. Then he said, "Oh! It''s a hoodie. I get it now. What, was it raining?" He''s nuts.

Precious, Ephemery. Glad your wait is over, girl! Beautiful ring, too!
9.gif
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a precious proposal, SUCH a gorgeous ring, and an all around dreamy story to remember!!! CONGRATS!!

And MORE pics. SOON!

(Ovals were my first love way back when before I fell in love with step cuts.....I love how they''re classic but different, my bf''s mom (fmil??) has an oval that I love and they''ve been married for 37 years--good vibes!!)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations, what a beautiful ring!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! I love your ring, your oval is gorgeous!!
30.gif
36.gif
A gorgeous twist to the classic RB tree-stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results