Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

A pink spinel & tsavorite Christmas ring.

voce

Ideal_Rock
You know, elle, I've finally come to understand what it is that makes me feel a little ambivalent/unsettled about this color combo.

The gems are definitely NEON. They are so much of a contrast and eye popping that it's a stop-you-in-your-tracks kind of arresting, attention-getting WINNER.

However. You know how in nature, plants and bugs are vibrantly colored to warn you of their poison? This ring is so loud with the vibrant coloration that I see it and subconsciously, my instinct says TOXIC. I think my reaction is to admire it from a distance like a beautiful poisonous flower growing in the jungle... It attracts my curiosity and admiration, even though I don't think I can unreservedly love it because the subconscious and irrational part of me is appalled (danger, toxic). It's definitely provoking an unusual reaction from me!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, elle, I've finally come to understand what it is that makes me feel a little ambivalent/unsettled about this color combo.

The gems are definitely NEON. They are so much of a contrast and eye popping that it's a stop-you-in-your-tracks kind of arresting, attention-getting WINNER.

However. You know how in nature, plants and bugs are vibrantly colored to warn you of their poison? This ring is so loud with the vibrant coloration that I see it and subconsciously, my instinct says TOXIC. I think my reaction is to admire it from a distance like a beautiful poisonous flower growing in the jungle... It attracts my curiosity and admiration, even though I don't think I can unreservedly love it because the subconscious and irrational part of me is appalled (danger, toxic). It's definitely provoking an unusual reaction from me!

What a neat concept. I hadn’t thought of it that way but you’re totally right. The color combo is BOLD indeed and certainly strong enough to imply danger. Maybe this ring hails from the beautiful land of Australia...where my mind tells me all the super scary things live. :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
would love to see a profile shot from you as well (waggles eyebrows)
When you get the chance =)2
I’ll have to work on getting one for you. ;)2

Amazing, gorgeous, INCREDIBLE show-stopping ring!!! I absolutely love the color contrast, it's neon JOY!! Congratulations!!
Wow! Thank you so much! It’s definitely a strong color combo (and I wasn’t sure about it) but it works for me. :mrgreen: I love it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful, so elegantly done. Will be as easy to wear this when you are dressed up as it will be to wear casually
Thank you and you’re absolutely right. It’s so easy to wear dressed up or dressed down. Gotta love that on a piece of jewelry. :mrgreen:

Wow! Perfect addition to your already amazing collection!
Thank you so much! :love:

I'm drooling (as I do over most of your posts)! So beautiful! You definitely have an amazing eye for color!
Thank you! I love color and, while I’m not as adventurous as some of our fellow PSers, I still like to draw outside the lines once in a while with color combos. :D

It came out great! What a happy ring too—the colors are an instant mood lifter!
Thank you and it really is. It’s such a playful, happy ring. :love:

I LOVE this ring!!
Thank you!!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 your collection is colorlicious and swoonworthy. I love every single piece you have shared with us. Exquisite taste. :love:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, Elle! You are the Queen of saturated colors! What beautiful and balanced stones...a worthy addition to your spectacular collection. I hope this ring brings you joy and smiles every time you wear it.

TheGarnetGirl

Brilliant_Rock

Lol your brain is interesting & I love you for it! ❤️

TheGarnetGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I took A few more pictures today. My fingers feel like icicles but it was worth it. @Rfisher, I added a couple side shots for you. :D

Sorry, the shank is a wee bit dirty. I didn’t notice until I blew the pics up. Oops. :lol:

10B31D42-27C3-4D6D-BD3C-392FF9510904.jpeg

0E156179-2229-4F1A-9A43-68879303034B.jpeg

FD26A43F-9681-4BC2-877A-1D6C92177751.jpeg

DC3925EC-AF78-427F-88B8-6124A2ACE756.jpeg

Somebody's "simple quick" ring has become a favorite!!
❤️;)2

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.