shape
carat
color
clarity

A Pearllunar Dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
First of all, here is a link to Pearllunar.

I spent a little while in their Ebay store, and I thought I'd put up a little dictionary. Their English isn't bad at all (if I was trying to write all of this in German, which I've taken for years in school...it would be wayy worse than using ocean to mean saltwater) but I thought I'd put this up anyway.

Ocean- means saltwater; ocean pearls are saltwater pearls, often akoyas

Full- means close to round

Rainbow- has good orient

Silvertone- silver overtone

Strand- usually means its unstrung, whereas necklace means its strung

Mirror- means sharp reflection

Pinkish white- I think this one means rose overtone rather than light pink as the color of the pearl

That's about all I've got, but I hope it helps somebody out!

1.gif
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 6:18:41 PM
Author:szh07
First of all, here is a link to Pearllunar.

I spent a little while in their Ebay store, and I thought I''d put up a little dictionary. Their English isn''t bad at all (if I was trying to write all of this in German, which I''ve taken for years in school...it would be wayy worse than using ocean to mean saltwater) but I thought I''d put this up anyway.

Ocean- means saltwater; ocean pearls are saltwater pearls, often akoyas

Full- means close to round

Rainbow- has good orient

Silvertone- silver overtone

Strand- usually means its unstrung, whereas necklace means its strung

Mirror- means sharp reflection

Pinkish white- I think this one means rose overtone rather than light pink as the color of the pearl

That''s about all I''ve got, but I hope it helps somebody out!

1.gif
1.gif
Thanks Szh.

Funnily enough I was perusing their site last night and I was quite taken with these What do you all think?

What are people''s experiences with peallunar? Do their photos match the goods?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks szh! I find that useful for sure.

Gailey, I have not personally purchased from them, but would not hesitate to based on what I have heard/read. I was eyeing some of their strands today!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
szh - thanks for posting this! I do agree that she writes well but the dictionary is needed to help with some of the definitions.

Gailey - Pearllunar has a good reputation on a pearl forum that I am a member of for selling quality pearls with their truth in advertising what they are selling. I have made several purchases from Pearllunar and always been very happy with their merchandise. The desciptions are quite accurate and they do a great job of photographing what they are selling. That does bring me to my only caution. Because they do such a good job with the closeups, the images seem to be a bit magnified so when I receive my order, I''m surprised for a minute that they seem small. They are not small. They have always measured to be the same size as sold in the description. My mind is looking for the enlarged picture that was in the ad. So it is a perception vs mind thing.

I know that is a long answer but the short of it is that I would not hesitate to order those very pretty earrings you linked to.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Szh07! this helps... I've had to google and search just to know what they were talking about ...lol

Gailey- I'll let you know once I receive my purchases
31.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great dictionary.
emthup.gif

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Gailey- I think those earrings are gorgeous! Unique but still classic. I''ve had my eye on these, These for a little while, similar but not the same. From what I''ve heard, she posts the exact picture of the item for sale, so you''re not looking at stock photos. I''m not positive if this is the case for all her pieces, but I''ve tried to go through and find two listings with the same picture and I haven''t yet (feel free to correct me if I''m wrong).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 7:28:06 PM
Author: szh07
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Gailey- I think those earrings are gorgeous! Unique but still classic. I''ve had my eye on these, These for a little while, similar but not the same. From what I''ve heard, she posts the exact picture of the item for sale, so you''re not looking at stock photos. I''m not positive if this is the case for all her pieces, but I''ve tried to go through and find two listings with the same picture and I haven''t yet (feel free to correct me if I''m wrong).
Thanks for breaking down the terminology as it can be a little confusing to what we think they mean and what it really means.

and I agree about posting pictures of the exact items that are being sold on Ebay. That speaks volumes in my book. If I see any two of a sellers listings with the same picture.... I will not even think of buying from them, Even if they have excellent feedback.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I think Pearl Lunar is pretty accurate in all their descriptions and photos. The only thing to note is that because they show their pearls in extreme close-up and in great macro detail, please check the measurements on a ruler for a reality check.

I have a strand of pinky gold necklace from them. It''s beautiful and the lustre is amazing but my first reaction was, it''s so small. LOL....

Here it is.

PearlLunarNecklace.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...that was huge...my apologies! I wish we didn''t have to keep resizing and apparently I suck at it. I wish we could just drag or copy from flickr!

Here is Pearl Lunar''s photo for comparison.

VendorShot (600 x 543).jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva- That is exactly what JT says! I will make sure I keep that in mind.

CushionCutNut- I feel the same way! I really like seeing the exact</i item that I am purchasing. It almost feels like I''m buying it from a B&M because I get to see exactly what I''m getting, but I''m paying the price of an online vendor.

D&T, I can''t wait to see your necklace! I''ve been eyeing this strand. There are a couple of flaws that I see, but 8.5-9.5mm sounds huge!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Dia, those are gorgeous! They look lovely on you. And, I definitely see what you mean about the size difference.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 10:01:01 PM
Author: szh07
Dia, those are gorgeous! They look lovely on you. And, I definitely see what you mean about the size difference.

Hahaha! I see the size difference too especially after looking at the other thread with the gorgeous SS pearls!!!! The PL pearls of just lovely though!

another thing that I stay away from on Ebay is when they say that there is several available of the same item??? No way... again, I want to see the exact item I am getting. With my luck, they would pick the ugliest of the bunch to send to me.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
I think my favorite is bread for button-shaped. If you're lucky, you'll get full bread.
3.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 4:07:14 PM
Author: brightlight
I think my favorite is bread for button-shaped. If you''re lucky, you''ll get full bread.
3.gif

Strangely enough I didn''t find that term as outlandish as some of the others. Maybe it''s because I''m used to Chinese buns/bread looking like this a.k.a mantou. Lol...

Kaya Man Tou-1.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 5:37:40 PM
Author: DiaDiva

Date: 8/14/2009 4:07:14 PM
Author: brightlight
I think my favorite is bread for button-shaped. If you''re lucky, you''ll get full bread.
3.gif

Strangely enough I didn''t find that term as outlandish as some of the others. Maybe it''s because I''m used to Chinese buns/bread looking like this a.k.a mantou. Lol...
Mmmmmmm ... I guess bao does have a button shape. LOL. Mantou has no filling, right?

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
So, I guess bread is mantou and full bread is bao.
9.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, mantou has no filling. I loved the fried ones though and when you dip them in the chili crab sauce....DIVINE. I''m hungry just typing this. Yum yum yum...

crab&mantou.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I was wondering why they call them bread! Now it makes total sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results