shape
carat
color
clarity

A Paraiba tourmaline ring from Yvonne Raley and David Klass

mpc

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments!!

@elle_71125, I think I just got lucky on getting it right in one try. I don’t have nearly the experience with custom designs that most PS folks have, and certainly am clueless about interpreting CADs. Perhaps it helped that all the elements of the ring were borrowed from other pieces DK had executed before? He made another ring for me a few years ago too and I had a similarly easy experience. For that piece, I received quotes from several other vendors who were all significantly more expensive. This time around, I didn’t even bother shopping around, I knew I’d go directly to David. Super happy about how everything turned out!

As requested, a few more pics. I am photographically challenged. Finally got some sunlight though. Sorry it’s out of focus but the color makes the stone look radioactive! 8-)
68469897-9BD3-4CB3-929E-C78C6FC92C85.jpeg 6E75DF59-D810-4BA4-9A8B-F28817EC2041.jpeg 7456D41D-FD4B-439C-8D78-E9F81B386269.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@elle_71125, I think I just got lucky on getting it right in one try. I don’t have nearly the experience with custom designs that most PS folks have, and certainly am clueless about interpreting CADs. Perhaps it helped that all the elements of the ring were borrowed from other pieces DK had executed before? He made another ring for me a few years ago too and I had a similarly easy experience. For that piece, I received quotes from several other vendors who were all significantly more expensive. This time around, I didn’t even bother shopping around, I knew I’d go directly to David. Super happy about how everything turned out!

As requested, a few more pics. I am photographically challenged. Finally got some sunlight though. Sorry it’s out of focus but the color makes the stone look radioactive! 8-)
68469897-9BD3-4CB3-929E-C78C6FC92C85.jpeg 6E75DF59-D810-4BA4-9A8B-F28817EC2041.jpeg 7456D41D-FD4B-439C-8D78-E9F81B386269.jpeg

Your new ring is truly stunning! :kiss2: David does amazing work and this piece was no exception. Plus, you’re right about how affordable he is...it’s one of the many reasons he’s my go to jeweler. :mrgreen2:

The new pics are great. I love the pearls as a backdrop. They let that radioactive paraiba color take center stage. *swoon* :love:

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
This is shockingly beautiful. DK did an amazing job, and I can see some of the elements of several of his previous pieces in the setting. Do you happen to have a photo from what Yvonne listed in her shop? I seem to have a very hard time discerning what is blue-leaning and what is green-leaning with her Paraibas, and the color and glow on yours is phenomenal.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring!! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: mpc

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous! Congratulations on your little one!

GeauxGirl

Rough_Rock

This is truly one of the most beautiful rings I’ve ever seen! Absolutely stunning :kiss2:

mpc

Rough_Rock
1EA5EDCE-A6ED-41D7-83CB-BC29ECA85EF2.jpeg E0F0F580-1F0B-447E-B971-57B48E5FB092.jpeg
This is shockingly beautiful. DK did an amazing job, and I can see some of the elements of several of his previous pieces in the setting. Do you happen to have a photo from what Yvonne listed in her shop? I seem to have a very hard time discerning what is blue-leaning and what is green-leaning with her Paraibas, and the color and glow on yours is phenomenal.

Sure! @SailingGem Here are some screenshots from Yvonne’s original listing. I think they were pretty accurate vs real life. She also had a video
I had never purchased from Yvonne before, but had admired many of the paraibas others purchased from her and figured I could always return it if it was significantly different. Hope that helps!

MamaBess

Rough_Rock
:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

WOW! Just Jaw Dropping Gorgeous!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
@mpc Is that setting DK's white gold....or platinum...or palladium?
It's beautiful, BTW.

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
Gosh, absolutely beautiful :love: looks perfect on you.
Congratulations on your brand new tiny human, they’re the best! Enjoy every minute with her :appl:

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @SouthernGent! It is platinum. The price differential between WG and PT was like $200 so I went with the latter.
I will have to look into that when I have him do my ring. He quoted me an extra $500 over 14K yellow gold for his white gold/palladium mix, because palladium is currently more expensive than gold. Several years ago palladium was quite a bit cheaper.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I will have to look into that when I have him do my ring. He quoted me an extra $500 over 14K yellow gold for his white gold/palladium mix, because palladium is currently more expensive than gold. Several years ago palladium was quite a bit cheaper.
I just checked the daily spot price of gold vs. platinum and if I calculate the prices of each, based on the weights of each specified in the CAD he sent me, there's less that $25 difference. Does that make sense?

familynurse

Rough_Rock
I love this ring- the gem color and setting....perfection!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh emmm geee. Freaking gorgeous. That color. :love: That ring. :love: DKlicious.:kiss2:

perfection.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results