shape
carat
color
clarity

A New York Proposal

antonc12

Rough_Rock
First off, thanks to all who posted on other topics to help ease my mind with different issues. Your advice definitely helped me with my final decision.

I had been shopping for engagement rings for a few months with the intent to propose to my girlfriend of more than 2 years during our Christmas together. She had surprised me on our anniversary with a gift of a trip to New York (she had been as a kid but never as an adult and wanted to share the experience with me). Once I purchased and received my e-ring, I did not want to wait another month for December so I decided to propose on that trip. I had created a photo book of our pictures and a "boy meets girl" story about our relationship.

We had dinner on Saturday night at a lovely restaurant on Park Avenue. She had been calling me out for not being very conversational during dinner and that I wasn't finishing my meal. I tried to play it off that I wasn't feeling well because I couldn't tell her how nervous I was. After dinner, I had a surprise horse drawn carriage ride in Central Park planned. She loved it and simply thought I was doing something romantic.

10 minutes into our 45-minute ride, I handed her the photo book wrapped up as a gift to "commemorate our time together" and held a flashlight so she could read it. By this time, the temps were down to about 30 degrees and I was shivering from both cold and nerves. She came to the page where I said, "With the blessing of family, there was one thing left to ask.." That was my cue to take a knee in the small space that the carriage allowed.

She said, "yes" and the last 20 minutes of the ride were just a complete blur of happy tears and loving kisses in the quiet of the park.

Here is a picture of the page she turned to as I was on a knee:

Here is another picture of the ring on her hand and the details below:

Diamond:
Shape: Round Brilliant GIA Cert
Carat: 1.22ct
Color: G
Cut: Very Good
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Measurements: 6.89 x 6.94 x 4.21mm
Table: 57%
Depth: 60.9%
Fluor: None
Thin to slightly thick - Faceted
HCA Score: 1.1

The setting is a tapered 3 stone mounting in platinum size 5.5. The 2 flanking round brilliant cut diamonds and 24 smaller round brilliant cut diamonds total 0.41 carats, F-G color, VS Clarity.

Thanks again for all your help PriceScope members!

photo_422.jpg

_12185.jpg

_12186.jpg

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring and such a nice proposal story. Congrats on your engagement!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet couple, sweet story! Many happy years both of you :wavey:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet proposal! Congratulations! You did an excellent job on her ring!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! The ring is beautiful! I love the proportion of the side stones and the main stone. Where did you get the setting? Was it custom made?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! I loved your story -- very sweet! Congratulations on your engagement! :appl: :wavey:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! So romantic and well thought out. My husband's idea of romance is letting me pick the restaurant. LOL. Congrats to you both! The ring is stunning and looks so good on her hand. I wish luck on all your new adventures together!

antonc12

Rough_Rock
Daisyoz|1385411480|3562698 said:
Congrats on your engagement! The ring is beautiful! I love the proportion of the side stones and the main stone. Where did you get the setting? Was it custom made?

The setting was from a local place here in DC.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is lovely and so is the proposal. Congratulations!! You both look so happy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the proposal story, the pictures, and the ring! :appl: You did a great job! Congratulations!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Love the story and the ring! Congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and sweet proposal! Congratulations to the both of you.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet and romantic! And the ring is beautiful!

Congratulations! :)

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you both! What a sweet story =D
Great job on the ring - its beautiful!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Confection10|1385408971|3562677 said:
Sweet couple, sweet story! Many happy years both of you :wavey:
I can't say it any better!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats. You did very well. The beautiful ring looks great on her pretty hand.

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Very very pretty ring and thank you for sharing your story! I always love seeing these posts :)

Many congrats on your engagement!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely story, ring and fiancee! :)

antonc12

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

Good news, she is still glowing. Love this feeling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results