shape
carat
color
clarity

A new and exciting development on a possible redesign

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So, I have some interesting developments regarding my redesign on my ruby and diamond cluster engagement ring.

I may have mentioned before in my other thread in hangout about my indecision about what to do about my less than great quality engagement ring quality.

My current ruby and diamond cluster engagement ring has started to have strength integrity issues and myself and my husband have looked into a redesign and due to the fact that I work in the estate jewellery industry I have come across a pair of 0.95ct and 0.96ct M/N coloured diamonds that could work supremely well in a lovely bypass setting.
Of course this is a slight curve ball on my fairly traditional ruby cluster setting, but I'm intrigued non the less. Also, surprisingly ny hubby is really on board, design wise and especially as I can purchase these diamonds basically below wholesale value which is a such a blessing for us!!
So, a bypass design using these diamonds:
1) 0.95ct VS1, M
2) 0.96ct VVS2, N
I absolutely LOVE warmer colours and cut is basically good, very good. They are really lovely, obviously not ideal etc, I think they are just what I love!

Just wanted to let the lovely friends know what I'm up to :appl: it's going to put the redesign of my new ruby/ diamond cluster redesign on the back burner just for now, but believe me when I say, my darling man has come a long way in the past few weeks and I'm super happy.

Will post some designs soon.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds interesting!

Please do post some pictures/CADs if you have/get them and would be happy to post them :))

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Gemgossip’s toi et moi! Can’t wait to see pix. Do you have picture of the diamonds to tide us over?

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love Gemgossip’s toi et moi! Can’t wait to see pix. Do you have picture of the diamonds to tide us over?
Hi foxinsox! I will take some photos today if I get a chance. I was a tad nervous to post about diamonds that a probably a bit leftfield if you know what I mean. They aren't perfect but I absolutely don't mind about that.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi foxinsox! I will take some photos today if I get a chance. I was a tad nervous to post about diamonds that a probably a bit leftfield if you know what I mean. They aren't perfect but I absolutely don't mind about that.
You’re amongst friends here - diamonds are diamonds and old cuts or warmer colours have plenty of fans :P2

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are a couple of photos of my new purchases!
I tried to put the onto my plain band in some sort of bypass formation to get an idea of width and what they will look like together. One of the diamonds looks somewhat cloudy round the edge, it's just the opaque blutak stuff holding them precariously in place. Very classy lol. DSC_0577.JPG

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A couple more. DSC_0577.JPG DSC_0574.JPG

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
And this is is the inspiration ring so many here know and adore! Gosh, I hope Danielle is flattered and not annoyed! Screenshot_20190221-221816.png

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Rainbowseekinggoat, I really love the basket on the one you linked, thanks for that.
I also love the basket setting on another PS member, sunfish. The baskets look almost like W's and my dh's name starts with W too. I just don't want to just rip someone else's idea off but make it my own too.
I had thought about adding 8 tiny rose cuts to the baskets around them somehow to represent me and my husband and each of our 3 children, 6 kids between us, could be special to me and him as well?

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi, I'm not in a huge hurry to 100% decide on the setting for my new engagement ring just yet, but I am researching as many different moi et toi styles as I can. One of the things that is proving difficult for me is I prefer things to look 'straighter' and more in line and it's probably an ocd issue, but I'm bugged by the diagonal style of my initial inspiration rings.

Am I weird?!!

As this will be a forever setting I want it to be something I won't tire of so I've been looking online at one that are more in line.

This caught my eye:

Screenshot_20190313-210248.png
I prefer yellow gold, but I really like how it's still got the gentle curve of the band but the diamonds are in a straight line.
I also really like the style of the tabs/claws (are they called tabs like this?) I wouldn't need so many, maybe just 6.

This is not going to be started til August now as my jeweller is about to go away after his busy season, but happy to wait for him and spend time perfecting what I want.
Thoughts?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the straight line too : )

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like the straight line too : )
Jimmianne I feel like I'll be able to live with this design for the long haul. Do you have any opinions on the tab prongs? I'm wondering if they might be a bit more durable. I have a pear shaped solitaire and it has these but not as many, it doesn't ever catch on my clothes or anything and I wear that ring every day.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all moi et toi designs but that vertically oriented one is STUPENDOUS!!!!!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love all moi et toi designs but that vertically oriented one is STUPENDOUS!!!!!
It is stunning right?!! I love that it's in line but still has a nice curve to it. My diamonds are coloured M and N so I think better in yellow gold for me, but open to others perspective and opinions too.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne I feel like I'll be able to live with this design for the long haul. Do you have any opinions on the tab prongs? I'm wondering if they might be a bit more durable. I have a pear shaped solitaire and it has these but not as many, it doesn't ever catch on my clothes or anything and I wear that ring every day.
Hi. I really like the tab prongs. They are visually (to me) just right, so it’s a perk that they are very secure : )

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi. I really like the tab prongs. They are visually (to me) just right, so it’s a perk that they are very secure : )
DSC_0590.JPG DSC_0585.JPG
This is my 'Levi ring', named for my 3rd son that I have worn consistently for 13 years and apart from rhodium plating (which it needs now!) I have never had a problem with them. They maybe are a little more pointed on my pear than the 2 stone inspiration but I like the aesthetic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results