shape
carat
color
clarity

A naughty thread...

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1457919422|4004700 said:
I can't stand seeing someone with a lovely piece of jewelry that is absolutely filthy! I am also quite annoyed to see jewelry coated with lotions or other when people get a manicure. Why don't they take their jewelry off? :confused:

Hearing the crazy comments made by some staff members at B & M or mall stores drives me up a wall. :wall:

I am also annoyed at myself because I can't make up my mind as to what I want for an updated wedding set. :doh:

:wavey:

Dirty jewelry! BLEH.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have the heart to tell my mum to stop buying me frozen spit mall store jewellery. Thankfully, she's moved on to beauty products now, although that's another thread.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1457933915|4004895 said:
Madam Bijoux|1457904402|4004606 said:
It bugs me that I don't have more jewelry than I do.

It bugs me that I don't have as much jewelry as you do. :lol:

It bugs me even more I don't have her exact jewellery (pieces)!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1457939589|4004944 said:
[quote="Jambalaya

I'd really better stop now.

Why stop now?...you are on a roll.. :lol:[/quote]

No kidding! I had no idea someone could have that many strong opinions about ...jewelry!

I really don't have any pet peeves from the consumer side of the counter. But I would LOVE to see a thread here about what drives the retailer side nuts about consumers! Now THAT would be a naughty thread. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457966329|4005052 said:
[quote="Jambalaya

Why stop now?...you are on a roll.. :lol:

No kidding! I had no idea someone could have that many strong opinions about ...jewelry!

I really don't have any pet peeves from the consumer side of the counter. But I would LOVE to see a thread here about what drives the retailer side nuts about consumers! Now THAT would be a naughty thread. :naughty:

Lol I don't think that thread would take off for reasons you could guess.
However to name a few that I bet would drive some of the vendors nuts...

Customers who think they know it all who really don't know it all. ::)
Customers who want top quality without a reasonable budget. That is, champagne tastes on a beer budget.
Customers who are constantly and unreasonably emailing and have no patience though they are being kept in the loop.

I know there are many more pet peeves but these are just a few I am guessing drive some vendors batty.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
What bugs me about jewelry:

Trends like Alex and Ani bangles, or similar knockoffs. Expensive base metal crap.

"Story" jewelry like Pandora bead bracelets, or similar knockoffs. Clink, clank, clunk.

Huge ass celeb engagement rings. Like there is some kind of competition about who has the most ginormous.

A design trend that becomes so ubiquitous that every price point has a version. Diamond (or cz) circle "O" necklaces, anyone?

Rings on every finger. Even those tiny, thin, barely there bands.

Layered necklaces. It's been done. And you spend all day untangling them.

Filthy jewelry. Scummy, goopy, gross gunk collecting in the settings. :nono:

Friends who actually flaunt mall jewelry while disdaining someone's (or your) very good e-ring and band. :wall:

Vera Wang and Neil Lane jewelry for mall stores. See the flaunters above. :snooty:

People who buy only iconic expensive name brands, i.e. Winston, Cartier. Yeah, we get it. You're fabulous. :rolleyes:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1457966329|4005052 said:
[quote="Jambalaya

Why stop now?...you are on a roll.. :lol:

I really don't have any pet peeves from the consumer side of the counter. But I would LOVE to see a thread here about what drives the retailer side nuts about consumers! Now THAT would be a naughty thread. :naughty:[/quote]

I have way too much time! :lol:

Some of others' pet peeves re. jewelry are hilarious! The horror about about taking off a ring for the gym ("Don't you love your husband???" :lol: ) and the quote about taking off rings at night "Relax - you're still engaged" - lol!! And about people who wear ONLY high-end brands - "we get it, you're fabulous" - haahaaa! I know a couple of people like that - head to toe in designer gear. You get the feeling you could never buy them a birthday present because they don't wear anything costing under a thousand dollars!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to spontaneously combust at the thought of that Pandora crap.

Coralfish

Shiny_Rock
Any three-prong setting, be it a Martini stud or for tennis bracelet stones

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1458130309|4006056 said:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to spontaneously combust at the thought of that Pandora crap.

Lol! Girl don't come near me if you don't want to combust! I am a pretty big offender of abusing Pandora jewelry. Bracelets, a necklace, rings... :lol: My addiction is 9 years strong now with no plans to quit. For Christmas this year my mom got my SIL, niece, herself, and my daughter all a bracelet with several charms so we would all have one. I thought it was cute. I fell in love with it back in 2007 because it's so heavy and chunky and clunky--a lot of the reasons other people hate it. It is right up my alley! Your taste is the antithesis of Pandora--you like sweet and delicate pieces, so I totally understand why you don't like the stuff I like. I got a kick out of your comments, though. Too funny!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, Monarch! I don't think you've ever posted your Pandora collection, so I didn't know! If I'd known someone here loved it, I wouldn't have said anything! I did try to buy three pairs of detachable earring drops there once but they'd discontinued them all.

I'm going to write out lines as a punishment. I shall write fifty times, "Pandora-wearers are people, too!" :lol: :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1458175194|4006432 said:
I'm sorry, Monarch! I don't think you've ever posted your Pandora collection, so I didn't know! If I'd known someone here loved it, I wouldn't have said anything! I did try to buy three pairs of detachable earring drops there once but they'd discontinued them all.

I'm going to write out lines as a punishment. I shall write fifty times, "Pandora-wearers are people, too!" :lol: :lol:

Haha, no apology necessary! I thought it was great that you expressed your honest opinion so openly. It doesn't offend me at all when someone dislikes something I like--this would be a really boring forum if we all liked the exact same things. I was just picturing you meeting me and shaking my hand only to look down and gasp in horror at the clunky mess on my wrist. :lol: And I truly laughed at the thought of it because obviously you would never do that! I think I posted my first bracelet a looooong time ago somewhere but I have no idea where. It has been years since Pandora started being sold in the States and most people have probably moved on from the trend, so I would really have to dig to find it. I don't post pics of my jewelry here any more for security reasons--I got caught up in Facebook groups awhile ago and now everyone knows where I live. ;)) Ok, now get back to your self-inflicted punishment and post pics when you have finished. :wavey: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results