shape
carat
color
clarity

A miracle..I''m going to be a resident!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, YEA! The further I read into your post the more I was smiling, because I am so happy for you! You absolutely deserve this!

Congratulations!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ally, I am so thrilled for you. And you will be a great resident in cardiac surgery at McGill. Everything you''ve been through this past year has helped to make you stronger even if you didn''t. Nothing this residency throws at you will be as hard as what you''ve already been through. You know you can survive the bad things, both physically and emotionally. Now you just have to accept that you deserve the good things too. Congratulations!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Ally, darling, I am soooo happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I remember all your posts about getting into med school and you wondering if maybe it just wasn''t meant to be, and even though I dont believe in "fate" your match experience makes me think it must be your fate to be a doctor. You''ve worked so hard and I am SO glad for you that, in the end, you got everything you wanted.

Congratulations!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey I just saw this.

Congratulations! Everything does happen for a reason and this am I am so happy you got exactly what you wanted!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I just saw this, too! (Almost didn''t since it was up at the top!)

Congratulations, Ally! It is amazing how things turned around! I am SO very happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, I just now saw this too!! OMG, I am SOOOOO happy for you!
36.gif
Wow, what a turn of events. And major kudos to your guy.
face23.gif

You are going to make a wonderful surgeon, and what a story this will be to tell down the road. A huge congratulations to you my dear, you deserve it!!
9.gif
emotion-19.gif
emcocktl.gif

Life really does work in mysterious ways, doesn''t it?
2.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Ally, this is so wonderful to hear!!! Congratulations, you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s crazy how rough your road was to get to this point, but after such a battle you should savor this -- you deserve it so much, and you''re going to be an amazing cardiac surgeon in just a few short years!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 6:10:51 AM
Author: Porridge
Date: 5/1/2009 6:27:32 PM

Author: allycat0303

Porridge: You''re so cute! Hello! It only happened yesterday. And I always wondered because I think you mentioned something before, but are you a med student too?

Hey!
35.gif
Nope, I''m a physical therapy student. Applied for medicine and it was a near miss. Well actually I was accepted in Scotland, but I didn''t want to move when I was 18. Parents didn''t want me to repeat my Leaving Cert (mum''s a doctor, works wayyy too hard
3.gif
) so did physical therapy as the next best thing, really really enjoying it. Graduating in 6 weeks, plan to work for one year and then consider my next move - stick with this career and specialize, or apply for med school at the age of 25, and take on all that debt, give up my free time...

I''m so on the fence about whether to go for it or not that I usually think I''m just not cut out for it. Maybe not getting in years ago knocked my confidence. But I think it''s one of those things you should always really want to do if you''re going to do it. Anyway, I''m putting all career options out of my head until I get out of college and work for a while.

Oops, that turned into a bit of an essay, sorry!! /end threadjack
41.gif

Congratulations again
36.gif

I was the same Porridge when I went back to doing vet. I was 25 and will be 29 when I graduate. It has been extremely rough but worth it at the same time. Definitely think about it. I should have just repeated the leaving at 18
14.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
ALLY!!! Oh my goodness, this is an absolutely amazing turn of events! Don''t you DARE start doubting yourself! You''ve got your dream in your hands now--the hard part is over! You just have to be the doctor that you already are, sweetie! The 6th woman ever accepted by your school! HOLY COW YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Seriously!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tears in my eyes and a big grin on my face all because something you thought was out of your reach is now yours, and I am just outrageously happy for you!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow somehow I missed this. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting for you!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
omg - i just saw this.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
Congrats Ally!!
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Ally!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
akkk!! i''m SO beyond happy for you ally! SO happy. i just knew that something had to change. something had to give. that there had to be a happy ending {beginning, really!} to your story. and this is the best news ever. congratulations. you deserve this. YOU really do.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Alley-
You don''t know me, but I have lurked for a looong time now and I always read your posts and hoped for the best for you! I know you''ve had a rough year and I was SO EXCITED when I read your post and saw how happy you were! You deserve this and I''m sure you will make an amazing surgeon! congratulations!!!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 11:07:05 PM
Author: meresal
OMG Ally!!!!!!! I am crying and have goose bumps all over. This is the most incredible news!!! I am so happy for you hun!!! Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Boy am I late to the party but I am so so so so so so so sooooo happy for you Ally!!! I was away last week and decided to check in and see how you were doing and saw this! My reaction was exactly like Meresal''s! Goosebumps and all.

Congratulations woman! You''re going to be a cardiac surgery resident at your dream school! Wahoooooo!!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ally- CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You rock. And most importantly, you DESERVE this, you EARNED this. I''m so so happy for you and so proud of you!!

ENJOY this moment!!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been on PS much lately but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you have overcome all of these things that have been sent your way and I know you will do awesome!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Ally! I''ve been out of town so I just saw this--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m sure you''re going to be a wonderful surgeon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW--great news! Congrats!!!
36.gif
Just curious, who is the PM of Quebec?

cheers--Sharon

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome news! Congratulations, Ally!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, Ally, CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you! What wonderful, wonderful news.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Ally!!!!

You deserve it!!!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Woot Woot Ally! No miracle, your hard work paid off, that''s all!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ally, I''m so happy to hear you made to to McGill!!!! Congratulations, dear!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Dr. Ally @ McGill !!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ally, this news is simply amazing! AGH! I''m so happy for you!!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Ally!
emotion-19.gif
embeer.gif
emotion-19.gif
Talk about an amazing change of luck! I know how down you were when nothing
came through and to have this happen...I couldnt be happier for you!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 5:38:38 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 4/30/2009 11:07:05 PM
Author: meresal
OMG Ally!!!!!!! I am crying and have goose bumps all over. This is the most incredible news!!! I am so happy for you hun!!! Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Boy am I late to the party but I am so so so so so so so sooooo happy for you Ally!!! I was away last week and decided to check in and see how you were doing and saw this! My reaction was exactly like Meresal''s! Goosebumps and all.

Congratulations woman! You''re going to be a cardiac surgery resident at your dream school! Wahoooooo!!!

Ditto! I can''t believe I missed it either! I am SO PROUD OF YOU! You desirve every bit of this! They should have been begging you to begin with! CONGRATS!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results