shape
carat
color
clarity

A Million Little Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 1:48:30 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I have yet to read the book but I heard on the radio yesterday that Jennifer Antiston bought the rights to the movie years ago. I guess she loves the book so much. Oprah only did it for her book club in exchange for Jen''s first interview after her split with Brad. Poor Jen''s luck went from good to bad when the movie studio dropped the film after Oprah came out against the author. This is just what I heard but I thought it was an interesting twist.
I heard this too bu differently. I heard that Brad and Jen''s bought the rights to the book through their production comapny...which after the divorce went to Brad Pitt. I heard the movie was still up in the air, but haven''t heard if that had changed, until your post. Too bad, I think it would make for an interesting movie, embellishments or not.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just what I heard yesterday. They were talking about what a horrible year/luck Jen was having. Her three flops, now this...I feel bad for her.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 2:29:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That is just what I heard yesterday. They were talking about what a horrible year/luck Jen was having. Her three flops, now this...I feel bad for her.
That''s too bad. But the better person always comes out the winner, so she''ll bounce back.
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She needs a hit movie...BAD...I also heard she is planning on posing in a men''s mag. in very revealing poses/pictures when Angelina is 8 months prego. I guess to get back at Brad who is supposely "fat phobic". Who knows if it is true but it does sound like sweet revenge.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
The public shouldn''t be so surprised....Addicts lie. Alcoholics lie. If this book did nothing but affect ONE person in a profound way then I call it a success. One life saved vs. all this hoopla
33.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I read 20 pages and knew he was full of crap.
He lied.
This book was shopped as a novel, and no one wanted it.
Label is a memoir and you''re on Oprah.
Her next book is "Night".
There are nutjobs out there who still claim the Holocaust never happened.
Some of her staffers questioned Frey''s story, and the publisher assured her it was fact checked.
When something is labelled a true story, you can''t "embellish".

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I think Mel Gibson''s Father denies the Holocaust happened. I think Mel is doing a movie about it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 7:04:20 PM
Author: MrsFrk
This book was shopped as a novel, and no one wanted it.
Label is a memoir and you''re on Oprah.
Her next book is ''Night''.
There are nutjobs out there who still claim the Holocaust never happened.
Some of her staffers questioned Frey''s story, and the publisher assured her it was fact checked.
When something is labelled a true story, you can''t ''embellish''.
But is this really true? I never heard the book was shopped as a novel, ever. Also, Oprah is claiming that her staffers questioned Frey''s story, but lemme tell ya, on her "book club" episode, all I heard was praise and acclaim from personal viewpoints of many Oprah staffers who were interviewed for that episode of the show, including Oprah. All of a sudden she''s claiming that she was assured it was fact checked, blabla. It just seemed her story changed after she was embarrassed.

I''m not defending what he did (embellish) but I guess I''m just not that upset about it. If he claimed to be an addict and wasn''t, or if he lied about more integral parts of the story, then maybe I''d be more upset.

The only thing that really does get me upset is the thought that ANYone would now look at Night by Elie Wiesel and claim that the Holocaust never happened or that he was full of cr@p. That would be the real tragedy here.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 7:24:39 PM
Author: moon river
I think Mel Gibson''s Father denies the Holocaust happened.
Are. you. freaking. serious. ???
20.gif
OMG, I need to find him, he needs a royal slap.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Yup.
Hutton Gibson is a wacko.
And there''s the nuts in Iran.

I watched the "Oprah" show where she read him the riot act...his publisher, Nan Talese acknowledged that it had been shopped around as fiction. She and Frey claimed that it was to protect his family''s privacy. But they then went on to admit that they changed little if anything before it was published.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results