• 2 pointers

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3 pointers

• 4 pointers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im torn on my eternity band. My band on my engagement ring is about 1.5-2mm wide. I don''t want to distract too much from my solitaire stone but I want it substantial enough to look good on it''s own....

Which size would you go with?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I voted 3 pointers- I think it would just sparkle like crazy

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This one is half ct. eternity with 2 pointers I think

wedding%20ring%20on%20hand%20only.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Ame,
I received a facets shared prong eternity ring from Santa and it has 24 stones and a total carat weight of 1.4, so each stone is between .05 and .06. I am wearing it with a 3 stone ring, where the center stone is 1.12 and the band is 2mm and the eternity ring is also 2mm and I love the way they look together.

I wanted to make sure that my 3 stone ring would not be overwhelmed.

I love this post for size refernece:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/great-experience-with-signed-pieces-facets.21903/=

Can''t wait to see what you choose!
35.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fiance doesn''t care which I choose and I know they''ll all be stunning. Im giggling a bit at the votes for the 4.

I cant really see in my mind what the width will be.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I always find this chart helpful.
Carats_Stone_Conv.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The difference between a .03 and .04 really isn't that big. I made myself a little guide and cut them down. Its lookin like a .03 but we'll see. I can't decide how I feel.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 6
6.gif
2:24 PM
Author: sevens one
This one is half ct. eternity with 2 pointers I think

wedding%20ring%20on%20hand%20only.jpg
I think I recognize that hand. If so, and it''s Mara''s, then the eternity band is 3 pointers. Her e-ring is set with 2 pointers in the band.

I''ve tried on different sized 7 stone bands. The bands looked fine until I went above 5 points in diamond size. Above 5 points, the band starts to over shadow my ring which has a 1.25 carat center.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think her e-ring is 3pt and w-ring is 2pt

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eternity ring as 25 - 4 pointers D/E VVS stones channel set all the way around.

The ring was originally a size 3.5 which I recently had "reamed" out slightly to make it a tight size 3.75.

I chose 4 pointers because (having a relatively small ring size) I didn't want the ring to be too bulky.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I voted for 3 ptrs. I wouldn''t go too thin in case you want to occasionally wear it on its own.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
My bands are 11 stones, 1 ctw ea, approx .09 each stone. Like Fuffi said, you can wear .03 or .04 each stone alone if you wish!
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 7:30:23 PM
Author: icelady
My bands are 11 stones, 1 ctw ea, approx .09 each stone. Like Fuffi said, you can wear .03 or .04 each stone alone if you wish!
9.gif
You gotta include the pic woman!
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Icelady''s -
30.gif
30.gif

P1000469%20(3).jpg

Woops - I stuck this response onto the wrong forum - eeeek. sorry.

The folks at that store are usually very nice. My fiance and I looked into purchasing m ering there, but their prices were a little high for us.

Please keep me posted - I am SO excited for you. (and if you don't like the setting, please don't worry about saying so...this stuff is all so individual.)

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sevens!!! I was trying to post it, but my computer locked up!!!!
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted 2 pointers per my discussion via PM...

I tend to think that my 3 pointer e-ring sometimes looks too bulky with my 7.1mm e-ring stone. I would have preferred the slightly thinner look of my w-ring WITH my e-ring stone on it. 20/20 hindsight. Only recourse is to....get a bigger center stone!
9.gif

That hand picture of me is hilarious, I actually stared at it for about 30 seconds thinking, whose hand is that!?!?!
15.gif
Duh!

My e-ring is 3 pointers and is 2.8mm.
My w-ring is 2 pointers and is 2.3mm.

I prefer the w-ring width..and I do wear it on my own and it's a beautiful thin line of sparkle. I didn't want anything to compete with my e-ring stone or band, hence why I made it slightly thinner. Plus I wouldn't mind getting a 3rd ring later, aka anniversary, to place on the other side of the e-ring, and thinner would be better for that too.

Good luck!!! Whatever you get, most likely you will love!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 8:17:50 PM
Author: Mara
I voted 2 pointers
I also voted 2 pointers since this will add a touch of sparkle, but not so much that it distracts from your engagement ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Ame:

I am not a jeweller, but does it make a difference in how it is set? For instance, can you set smaller stones if your setting "better" shows the diamond?
E.g. 2 pointers in shared or 3 prong settings, vs. microsetting or pave or channel settings, vs. 4 point 4 claw setting, etc..........................

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Im actually starting to lean to 3s. I have a 3mm band now to see how it will look next to it. Im struggling with the amount of overhang from my solitare over the band. I feel like if more stone hangs past the band it will look bigger ;-)

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Sevens, you were right and I got it backwards. Apologies to Ame and Mara.

The first thing to go is the mind!!
33.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well after trying on my 3mm next to this, I might actually go 2mm. Mara made good points to me in PM about it and I kind of feel she might be right. Its between 2 and 3 now I think and Ill need to see if anyone has either in st ock here for me to try on.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Check this out and it''s on sale at signed pieces. 1.07 ctw 2.3 mm wide

9259.jpg

linky

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have found this to be helpful (my computer screen at 1024 x 768 shows the chart actual size):

scan_sm.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

..some other things to consider - the length of you finger & whether you may want an anniversary band on the side of your ering.

I think the best thing is to go out and see what looks best for you. And, if you think you may want an anniversary band - try both of them on.

Let us know what you choose!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey AME- aren''t you going to change your ering setting?
Why don''t you settle on that before choosing an eternity band. You might change your mind about the band after you get a different setting.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt it now. I haven''t really seen anything much that I like and I really just don''t know what I want. The Tacori ring shown here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tacori-ering-currently-being-made.23469/

is the closest to my vision but Id need the head of that higher so I can wear a normal band next to it with no gap. I hate gaps.

He seemed more interested in a new setting than I am now. Im ok with it now.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think you would have gaps with that one because the base of the head is "rounded".

I like that setting. But you''re right- what wouldn''t go with a nice eternity band, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results