shape
carat
color
clarity

A lovely blue-green tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I saw that one, but on my moniter the front view looks so weird it is hard to see color!

Here is the RH gem...

Cat eyes 067-1.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice cut! Are you keeping it?
I''ll try to take a good picture of my mint tourmaline when the sun''s out tomorrow.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The cut style is what makes it so special. The mint prasiolite itself is not really a heart stopping stone- low RI? I like it- the soft color is good match. Anyway- I received it on the 21st so i guess i have to keep it now!! more than 10 days?

The problem is the simple setting I was thinking of is twice as much as the stone! Wink said he was going to try to find something less expensive. I emailed him the other day saying I prefer to send it back right away because if he has it- maybe progress will be quicker. I just want something delicate- and maybe yellow gold will bring out green color more?

Sooooooo... my cat eye quest has been temporarily put to bed if I can just get the thing set at a reasonable price.

I am moving on to find the perfect colored gem for a RHR to be set by LM!!! That is why I am so interested in your colored stone projects with him. It seems like all have him do a e-ring, but i want a RHR with a colored stone.

My Bf gets off so easy- he said if i find something I love- it will be a b-day gift. (Thus I do all the work searching)
The pink spinel you tried on at LM is what i am thinking about... but I don''t prefer ovals or rounds. I want to find cushion , emerald , square cut that will not need side stones. Just pave on band & head like this...

LM pave on 1 side and head.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I did not mean i am looking specifically for a pink spinel. I don''t want something pastel or blue. My closet is filled with black (obviously will not work) and greens/ reds/ warm colors. So pastel stone or blue sapphire are out. I have a yellow citrine I wear all the time so thinking something different.... greenish tourmaline??? To bad can not afford the 3 stone emerald for sale on LM site.. but don''t want 3 stone- just one solitaire....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What type of setting do you have in mind? My tourmaline''s setting will cost more than it did. I think you''re right about yellow gold. What about rose gold? I met with my neighbour''s benchguy on Friday -- for basic stuff, his prices are very good. Let me know if you want more info.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Rose gold? I never thought of that. It might be interesting. I just know i don't want to go wg. Yg is probably most cost effective. i originally wanted to copy this vera wang setting- but now i will be happy with any delicate setting- maybe split shank? Or just a little scroll on basket? This is the vw setting...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I''ve been trying to take a picture of my tourmaline for you, but I can''t capture its colour. Help!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have sympathy for you- getting the right color is hard in a pic. Mine just never seem to look as good as real life! Ohhh, but I can''t wait to see your minty one!!! And you are putting it in what type of setting? HW? I guess I should go over to that thread...

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
It seems perfect! Since you are in NYC (I think?)- did you go to paraiba intl on Madison or just get stone in the mail. I am wondering if you happeneded to see in person some of their other gems when you were getting your current selection...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I have seen a number of their stones, including their Paraibas.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I read this post and your mint post so combining my questions...

First of all- I am so envious of your mint tourmaline!!! It sounds amazing!

I am trying to figure out what would be the best looking tourmaline for my RHR and dream setting posted above by LM. I fell in love with a huge teal tourmaline that looks amazing when any light catches it- but like many blue/green colored tourmalines that are not paraibas- in very low lighting it can get dark. I am wondering if any nice lighter tourmaline like your minty green one will look better in low lighting? I prefer to set tourmaline without diamond sides or halo so I need to find just the right stone that can stand alone.

I was curious if you looked at their huge minty green princess cut tourmaline in real life and if it is as awesome as the picture? I am posting a picture of the teal one I fell in love with- but trying to decide if an overall lighter colored tourmaline would look better in LM dream setting?

This is the teal one that is really way too big to have halo 12x12 (I like huge rings).

trm_golconda_1300pt_mod-sq_Kotlowski.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
And this is a smaller teal one I found, but it seems more blue than green and I prefer them on the green side. This one is not cut nearly as well as one above. But this one is small enough that I could do diamond accents...

Opinion?

awesomegems 7.5x7.5.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:04:52 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I read this post and your mint post so combining my questions...

First of all- I am so envious of your mint tourmaline!!! It sounds amazing!

I am trying to figure out what would be the best looking tourmaline for my RHR and dream setting posted above by LM. I fell in love with a huge teal tourmaline that looks amazing when any light catches it- but like many blue/green colored tourmalines that are not paraibas- in very low lighting it can get dark. I am wondering if any nice lighter tourmaline like your minty green one will look better in low lighting? I prefer to set tourmaline without diamond sides or halo so I need to find just the right stone that can stand alone.

I was curious if you looked at their huge minty green princess cut tourmaline in real life and if it is as awesome as the picture? I am posting a picture of the teal one I fell in love with- but trying to decide if an overall lighter colored tourmaline would look better in LM dream setting?

This is the teal one that is really way too big to have halo 12x12 (I like huge rings).
Thanks!
I like the teal one too!
I haven''t seen the princess cut one, but am happy to scope it out for you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:07:39 PM
And this is a smaller teal one I found, but it seems more blue than green and I prefer them on the green side. This one is not cut nearly as well as one above. But this one is small enough that I could do diamond accents...

Opinion?
I find the first one more interesting.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- the first one is VERY interesting. The cut is perfect and it REALLY does glow like that when the light hits it. Can''t you picture it in that LM setting! Yummy!

I want something uncommon- so no blue sapphires, red rubies, or green emeralds. That is why I like your minty green one and i like this teal one too. If $$$ was falling from the sky, but could only pick ONE. Do you think you would pick the minty princess cut or the teal? I know tough question for ya since not seen either in real life (and you obviously like minty green since you got one for yourself).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:29:33 PM
Yes- the first one is VERY interesting. The cut is perfect and it REALLY does glow like that when the light hits it. Can''t you picture it in that LM setting! Yummy!

I want something uncommon- so no blue sapphires, red rubies, or green emeralds. That is why I like your minty green one and i like this teal one too. If $$$ was falling from the sky, but could only pick ONE. Do you think you would pick the minty princess cut or the teal? I know tough question for ya since not seen either in real life (and you obviously like minty green since you got one for yourself).
It would be gorgeous in that setting.

I''d really have to see the teal in person.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
i understand. This is why I wish B&M stores had the same great variety as online! you have to see a bunch at the same time to really pick a favorite!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:43:54 PM
i understand. This is why I wish B&M stores had the same great variety as online! you have to see a bunch at the same time to really pick a favorite!
Where is the teal one from?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 11:45:26 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 9/4/2007 5:01:50 PM
Author: Harriet
It''s a smaller, more saturated, version of this one:
http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=1564
Oh WOW. That''s gonna be GORGEOUS set in the HW setting. REALLY REALLY STUNNING. Now I really can''t wait.
Wanna trade?
2.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The teal one is from All That Glitters.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s their return policy?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Very good- they are in US and have 7 day return policy. I just wish it were a 30 day return policy so I could bring home a bunch at the same time! It seems like most good places have 7-10 day upon arrival- thank goodness! These big decisions take time!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about ordering both stones so that you can make a more informed decision?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- ordering both and sending one (or both) back makes the most sense. Duh to me!

I actually thought long and hard about it trying to figure out what color appeals to me most. After looking online everywhere - I realized that my favorite color is actually the blue- green mozambique tourmalines on paraibainternational site. Luckily for me the two they have are seriously going above and beyond my budget concept in a huge way so I can move on and keep looking. But at least it told me I should stick with my search for a blue/green rather than the lighter minty one for now.

Ohhhh if you happen to stop by and check this one out... please do me a favor and tell me it does not look as good in person as in photo. You would be doing me a huge favor to tell me it is ugly and I can find better.
2.gif

I know it is not the treasured copper- bearing...but I drool over this color!!!
18.gif

mbtourmaline at PI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results