shape
carat
color
clarity

A long overdue post....

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
I'M ENGAGED!!!!

It was the 4th day into our trip and I was having breakfast in front of the fireplace while BF (now FIANCE) was watching the weather channel. He seemed pretty disappointed that there was no snow and I made a flippant remark about how the proposal will be delayed (he has always said he needed snow to propose). I don't even know how he did it, one minute he was standing in front of the TV sans ring, the next minute he was down on one knee with the ring box in his hand :o I had an OMG moment and I can't remember the exact words he said, but it was something along the lines of whether I'd make him the happiest man by marrying him :appl: :appl:

The proposal was very low key. There were no fireworks, no skywriting, no fanfare. But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way because the look on his face when he asked me to marry him is something I'll always remember and I like that it was just us (and our dog) during that very private moment. We called our parents and texted friends and celebrated with champagne after. He had already asked Dad for his blessing several months ago, but Mum was still over the moon when the engagement became 'official'.

And now the pics....I said to him from the start that I didn't want a traditional diamond ring, I wanted something that was different and would stand out in the crowd. We ended up with a beautiful 2.02c (an upgrade from the original stone we had picked) pink oval sapphire and had it set in a 2mm platinum band with pave diamonds. I still can't stop staring at it and it's been almost 2 weeks! :love: :love: :love: I'm not the most creative person so I haven't taken any shots of the ring in flowers/food/creative PS-type photos, also the photos definitely don't do the ring justice!

Enjoy :)

015.JPG

011.JPG

010.JPG

008.JPG

sillybear36

Rough_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Congrats on the engagement, your e-ring is STUNNING!!! :appl: :appl:

The pink sapphire is beautiful and I love how it looks in the setting. :lickout:

Your proposal sounds perfect, so intimate and sweet. Congrats again!

I believe more pics are in order! :naughty:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring is beautiful and unique.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Your sapphire! Its so pretty in person and HUGE. I'd be afraid of knocking things over with it.

Congratulations! Eventually I'll get my blue one, I hope you are still around the forums to see it

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I love ovals and I love sapphires and I love unique engagement rings. You two seem like such a nice couple. Good luck on everything!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love the ring, my ex bf had bought me a pink sapphire (worn on my right hand though, not an e-ring). It is beautiful and I miss wearing it. Enjoy yours, and congrats again!~!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
beautiful proposal and ring! congratulations :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Beautiful proposal story, and exquisite oval pink sapphire ring!!! I love the setting, and the stone is tdf. Very happy for you!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl: :appl:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Great story! Your ring is beautiful too. Congrats :appl:

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous color! Congratulations!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. Lots of dust to all the LIWs, may your relationships be everlasting and your wait be over :wink2:

T

talamasca

Awwww what a lovely moment, congratulations!!!

:love: your ring is beautiful, very sparkly :D

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is soooo beautiful! I love how unique it is. What a beautiful color, it goes really well with your skin tone. Congratulations on your engagement!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I LOVE it! So gorgeous and unique, and it looks stunning on your hand! Congratulations!

P.S. Sorry this is so late...I'm catching up!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Oh snoopkat the ring is spectacular :love: it is basically perfection in my eyes :appl:

Congrats, can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans.

londonbinx

Rough_Rock
Simply stunning!! What a gorgeous ring.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations and your ring is beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results