shape
carat
color
clarity

A little princess cut help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dach2k3

Rough_Rock
I know my girlfriend would like a square cut diamond (princess or asscher). I also know that she wants some reasonable quality (not just a big stone). I''ve been reading the forum a lot (thanks for all the posts and variety of info) and I think i''m starting to get the idea of what to look for (and more importantly what to avoid).

I would like a little advise if anyone can spare a moment or two.

This stone is pretty close to what I am looking for (I think):

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-161598.htm#

My budget is somewhere around $5k for the stone but I''d be willing to go upwards up to $5,500 max. I definately want it to be clean to the eye and then go as big as possible given that criteria. I was thinking H and VS2 would both be safe in that regard.

Report: GIA
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.20
. Depth %: 73.6
. Table %: 66
. Girdle: M-VTK
. Measurements: 5.74-5.72X4.21
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

dach2k3

Rough_Rock
Found this one as well:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-45612.htm

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above Princess
. Carat: 1.104
. Depth %: 74.3
. Table %: 70.8
. Crown Angle: 41.4
. Crown %: 11.9
. Pavilion Angle: 40.2
. Pavilion %: 60
. Girdle: Thin to Medium
. Measurements: 5.66-5.61X4.20
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

I would assume this one is significantly safer given all the extra info they have online.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/11/2006 5:02:31 PM
Author: dach2k3
Found this one as well:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-45612.htm

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above Princess
. Carat: 1.104
. Depth %: 74.3
. Table %: 70.8
. Crown Angle: 41.4
. Crown %: 11.9
. Pavilion Angle: 40.2
. Pavilion %: 60
. Girdle: Thin to Medium
. Measurements: 5.66-5.61X4.20
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

I would assume this one is significantly safer given all the extra info they have online.
Yes - I think so - they choose to buy this one and did not do that with the first stone.

I would make sure they set it as some part of the girdle is thin. If they tell you the points are thin then I would not be happy.

The stone will be very bright - there is very little obscuration from the observer - which can maen a little less fire in some lighting.

If you like more fire in diamonds then asschers have less brightness and more contrast and fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results