shape
carat
color
clarity

A little input before ordering the Engagement ring.

reomi

Rough_Rock
First, thank you to everyone for all the information and support provided here, its an invaluable tool. Have been lurking for a while and am finally ready to get going with things. Was hoping the kind people here could provide a little input prior to finalizing my choice.

The stone is a 1.7ct Cushion that comes from my grandmother. I've searched and searched for a setting that I thought was appropriate and was within my budget.

My only concerns are that the setting appears to have been designed for a round cut diamond. I say appears, as I'm not knowledgeable about jewelry design. The gap in the center appears to be there to accommodate a round cut. Is there any concern this setting is not appropriate for the stone?

I'd like to personalize the ring in some way beyond an inscription. I'd thought about replacing one of the pave stones on either side with our two birth stones (emerald and tourmaline). They would be positioned that with the hand closed, you'd would not see them. However, for a variety of reasons and after further consideration I'm less enthusiastic about this option.

Another possibility is to select the two birth stones as "surprise stones" set inside the band.

Any other thoughts?

Ok time for the pics. Apologies on the quality of the shot with the stone resting in the ring. I'm waiting on the higher quality shots from the jeweler.

Many thanks for any input or suggestions.

Off to scheme a bit about the proposal plan.

image001.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 1.png

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's absolutely stunning! i think it's perfect for a cushion - someone on here has one that reminds me of that combo, and it's always been one of my faves. I love the surprise stones inside!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a square-ish cushion - if the pavilion is relatively round I would think a good jeweller could make it work. Actually, I would think a good jeweller wouldn't even have suggested it if he/she didn't think it was a perfectly viable option, so just be sure to choose your jeweller carefully - especially with your precious heirloom stone ::)

I love the idea of surprise stones inside the shank! It's such a sweet and personal touch - and I've never seen it done IRL, despite the popularity here on PS.

violet - bebe's LM? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-has-ended-my-upgrade.101537/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-has-ended-my-upgrade.101537/[/URL]

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it works well! Ditto what Yssie said- make sure you choose a good and reputable jeweler especially when using such an sentimental stone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like it will be a stunning ring! I'd vote for the birthstones to be on the inside of the shank and think that adds a very special touch.

reomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies so far! Quite encouraging that I'm at least on the right path.

That being said, I'm not married to the setting and if someone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears (or eyes as the case may be).

The stone is not quite square. Thus the choice of side stones.

Sounds like the "surprise stones" are the way to go. One wonders if that is better done in the wedding band itself, rather than the engagement ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring! :love: I am less enthusiastic about hidden birthstones and would personally prefer something like the engagement date being engraved inside the shank.

reomi

Rough_Rock
Finally got another picture if people are interested.

_DSC2302.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it looks fantastic!!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
I think it's absolutely Gorgeous!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like...that setting really makes the center stone shine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results