shape
carat
color
clarity

a little help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jupiters_gal

Rough_Rock
hi ! im reposting this b/c i just saw that maybe i posted in the wrong section before. i am currntly having my engagement ring custom made. the mounting is hand made semi bezel, platinum center stone is .64points g color vvs1. i am not getting it certified b/c of time and money. origanally i had wanted alternating .15 point black and white diamonds flush set into the shank. but when my jeweler went shopping he did not find black diamonds of a quality that he would use.he seemed to think they are too porous, will not be brilliant,,ect. so when we went to view my center stone (which is beautiful) he had purchased some canary diamonds, and suggested we use those. they are lovely, and i think they would look great, but im also thinking of ordering some black diamonds online b/c im hung up on the polka dot look. are most black diamonds not of good quality? are they impractical? this guy is great. hes actually retired and he only takes on huge pieces, hes doing our ring as a favor we are getting it for a 1500 less then any quote we got, Any help, opinions on black diamonds would really help. this site is great! thanks
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results