shape
carat
color
clarity

A little help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guisep

Rough_Rock
Here's some background,
[*]
Already popped the question
She picked out a ring (Platinum eternity style)

Looking for > 2 carot stone

Questions:
[*]
Renaissance uses D stones for all the pave stones, given that it's a platinum ring can I get away with G or H for the center stone?
Given the size I'm looking for can an SI1 work, I know the tutorial considers them a good value but really does not mention how a big ring affects this.

My thoughts after doing about two month of research:
[*]
Round (her choice)
2+Carot
Brilliant Ideal Cut (thanks for HCA)
Color G
Clarity SI1

Now that I'm ready to buy I would love some opinions before I lay down a good chunk of change.
Let me know if I'm missing something..

thanks![/u]

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You may not like the way a G color center stone looks in the setting. You may want to see if you can get the setting and drop in G colored stones in the cut quality you will buy. See what you think in a number of indoor and outdoor lighting conditions.

Also, you will want to make sure that a 2 carat SI1 stone is truly eye-clean if that is important to you.

guisep

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/27/2002 5:27:53 PM

You may not like the way a G color center stone looks in the setting. You may want to see if you can get the setting and drop in G colored stones in the cut quality you will buy. See what you think in a number of indoor and outdoor lighting conditions.

Also, you will want to make sure that a 2 carat SI1 stone is truly eye-clean if that is important to you.
----------------

Thanks for the feedback; unfortunately the ring is not available as it’s a complete custom shop, also I’m not close to their store.
I do agree on the SI1, I’m just wondering if it’s true that you would need a 10x loop to see the flaws. I’ve looked at lots of rings and really cannot tell without help.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback; unfortunately the ring is not available as it’s a complete custom shop, also I’m not close to their store.
I do agree on the SI1, I’m just wondering if it’s true that you would need a 10x loop to see the flaws. I’ve looked at lots of rings and really cannot tell without help.

----------------

Well, perhaps you can find a setting in a local store that would allow you to see if you would like the color contrast.

I once had a 2 carat G SI1 stone sent to me. It looked fine until I took it out in bright sunlight and then I could see the reflections of the inclusion in the stone. Check it out. If you haven't already, you may want to have an independent appraiser take a look at the diamond for you. The appraiser can see if there would be any durability issues with the stone and help you know what you are seeing.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results