shape
carat
color
clarity

A little help with the E ring please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crash overide

Rough_Rock
Trade

I''ve been searching for e rings for about a month now and the overwhelming amount of information has been getting to much. I have spoken briefly with my girlfriend about the matter and have managed to get the main details I need from her. I''ve figured out that my budget is about $5,500. I was hoping to get a 1ct ideal cut colorless diamond maybe VS1 OR VS2 at that price from looking around on Blue Nile and Mondera. The three cuts that I had to choose from were Asscher, Princess & Cushion, in the order of popularity. From talking to some jewelers they have made me believe that an Asscher diamond has to be ideal or it''s brilliance will be very minimal and that also it shouldn''t be parried with a pave band because it will have to much clutter, is this true? So here are a few more questions. Also a few things that I have just realized is that the diameter of the diamond is what makes it look but and the brightness comes from the Florence?

Should and Asscher diamond not be parried with a pave band and does it need to be ideal?
Can I get a Princess cut 1c on platinum band for 5,500?
Would you buy from Blue Nile or Mondera?

Thank you very much for any help you can provides in advance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 4:26:35 AM
Author:crash overide

I''ve been searching for e rings for about a month now and the overwhelming amount of information has been getting to much. I have spoken briefly with my girlfriend about the matter and have managed to get the main details I need from her. I''ve figured out that my budget is about $5,500. I was hoping to get a 1ct ideal cut colorless diamond maybe VS1 OR VS2 at that price from looking around on Blue Nile and Mondera. The three cuts that I had to choose from were Asscher, Princess & Cushion, in the order of popularity. From talking to some jewelers they have made me believe that an Asscher diamond has to be ideal or it''s brilliance will be very minimal and that also it shouldn''t be parried with a pave band because it will have to much clutter, is this true? So here are a few more questions. Also a few things that I have just realized is that the diameter of the diamond is what makes it look but and the brightness comes from the Florence?

Should and Asscher diamond not be parried with a pave band and does it need to be ideal? With the asscher cut, I would start a new thread requesting Storm''s help, he has helped many find a great asscher but once you come up with asschers that you are considering, he will need detailed photos and ASET images in order to help.
Can I get a Princess cut 1c on platinum band for 5,500? Possibly.
Would you buy from Blue Nile or Mondera? Personally I wouldn''t buy a fancy shape diamond such as Princess, cushion, asscher etc as these companies do not provide photos or other images which are so helpful such as ASET. I would recommend you work with a vendor who has in house diamonds and can supply the information above.

Thank you very much for any help you can provides in advance.
If you want a cushion try these vendors -

www.engagementringsdirect.com ask for Mark

www.goodoldgold.com ask for Jon

Princess - try these guys

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.exceldiamonds.com

And goodoldgold also sell Princess.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What Lorelei said!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results